GRRM ON LAND OF ALWAYS WINTER?

himalyanjon

I never thought about it but I'm on Team Benjen aswell now, can't wait to read a chapter title in The Winds of Winter called 'Benjen' or anything alike.

But isn't Coldhands Benjen?

No, probably not. He died long ago, from the perspective of someone who lives for centuries.

Quite possibly he was one of Lord Commander Brynden’s honor guard when the latter was lost to the Watch many years ago, one who gave his life for his Lord Commander — and who still serves him.

I never thought about it but I'm on Team Benjen aswell now, can't wait to read a chapter title in The Winds of Winter called 'Benjen' or anything alike.

me too but i think he will not be POV and GRRM has said no new POV's

Indeed he would, even with a bandana covering his mouth.

There must be some other reason for the half-mask.

yeah i srsly dont think its benjen " they killed him long ago" benjen died couple of years ago maybe the person he was used to wear it

No, probably not. He died long ago, from the perspective of someone who lives for centuries.

It was an offhand remark from a person trying to get Bran to stop worrying about him. Also, the wights have only been back for a few years, unless she meant they killed him 6000 years ago (which seems unlikely since he's wearing black).

Indeed he would, even with a bandana covering his mouth.

He's half a corspe like any wight and he's covered up. Even if he had a good look at him it might be hard to see.

here's George rr martin

"And what lies really north in my books—we haven't explored that yet, but we will in the last two books."

to explore it someone will have to go there, and i was thinking who would be the best candidate.... jon, bran or someone else

i'm sure it will be a major character and how will they go there AND OTHERS ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE ONLY WIGHTS THERE SO MY QUESTION IS WHO WILL BE THe PERSON AND WILL THEY BE A WHIGHT?????

(my money's on jon as a coldhand sort of a wight.)

From where did you take that quote ?

Do you really think that Martin is so poor a writer that he would have a zombified Catelyn Stark and a zombified Benjen Stark, both?

Really?

Pardon me for my hopeless naïveté, but I never realized Martin was writing yet another lame “zombie-apocalypse” novel where the main characters all become icky zombies.

Please tell me I didn’t miss that.

Pardon me for raising this..I've asked this before ...are we sure GRRM wasn't being a little bit coy about the POV's ? Maybe there have been more interviews than the one I've seen / read , but I thought , when asked about any new POVs , he answered that there would be no more new POVs of characters we haven't met yet.

But there are many characters we've "met" through other POVs,who haven't had their own. At the time, I thought that was another example of the kind of oblique answer he delights in giving..;) ..which might mean one thing, and might mean another.

Kind of like his , "Oh, you think he's dead , do you ?", when someone mentioned the death of Jon.

I had many talks with George. He told me of the ice swords, and the reflective, camouflaging armor that picks up the images of the things around it like a clear, still pond. He spoke a lot about what they were not, but what they were was harder to put into words. Here is what George said, in one e-mail: 'The Others are not dead. They are strange, beautiful… think, oh… the Sidhe made of ice, something like that… a different sort of life… inhuman, elegant, dangerous.

Exactly my vision of them, so perfect !!!

And I so want Benjen as the prologue pov of Ados !

he answered that there would be no more new POVs of characters we haven't met yet.

I never found this interview, could anyone give a link ?

Yeah, I thought GRRM has already stated that there will be no new POVs.

If anyone is going to explore the great northern expanse, it will likely be Bran through the weirwoods or by warging through some animal.

Yeah, I thought GRRM has already stated that there will be no new POVs.

If anyone is going to explore the great northern expanse, it will likely be Bran through the weirwoods or by warging through some animal.

Exactly my vision of them, so perfect !!!

And I so want Benjen as the prologue pov of Ados !

I never found this interview, could anyone give a link ?

If he meant there’d be no new points of view, you’d think he’d’ve said as much, eh?

Pardon me for raising this..I've asked this before ...are we sure GRRM wasn't being a little bit coy about the POV's ? Maybe there have been more interviews than the one I've seen / read , but I thought , when asked about any new POVs , he answered that there would be no more new POVs of characters we haven't met yet.

But there are many characters we've "met" through other POVs,who haven't had their own. At the time, I thought that was another example of the kind of oblique answer he delights in giving.. ;) ..which might mean one thing, and might mean another.

Kind of like his , "Oh, you think he's dead , do you ?", when someone mentioned the death of Jon.

Sorry guys i haven't read the interview but there are atleat forum on this site that say as much . I'm sure its not just a rumour but said. the quote about land of always winter is orignal though

http://www.smartertravel.com/blogs/today-in-travel/game-of-thrones-exclusive-george-martin-talks-season-the-winds-of-winter-and-real-world-influences-for-song-of-ice-and-fire.html?id=10593041

Nice catch. I haven't thought of Benjen being a P.O.V but I fully support this theory. I would probably hop up and down in happiness if I opened TWOW and saw Benjen as a P.O.V. It actually makes alot of sense so yes I think GRRM was being coy. Benjen would be such an awesome twist.

Archived