[BOOK/TV SPOILERS] TWOP n00bs Thread II

Xray the Enforcer

Why? A series should work on its own, with no additional material needed to understand it. The unsullied are the best way to measure if the series works or not.

I enjoy reading more about certain things than others and sometimes little extra knowledge would 'fix' that for me, so just being selfish I guess.

And I'm not sure if the unsullied are the best way to measure if the series works. Sure, if they can't understand something then the show has probably failed in something but there are other threads which have much more casual viewers. And its those guys' understanding in my mind that makes the series work or not.

Why? A series should work on its own, with no additional material needed to understand it. The unsullied are the best way to measure if the series works or not.

Oh, please. The series works just fine without any supplemental material, but as was the case with Rome, a knowledge of the history prior to the beginning of the story is helpful and enlightening, though in no way required to enjoy the show. With GoT, the fact that it's an entirely fictional world obviously means the information they can find in the History & Lore featurettes would be even more helpful in fleshing out the various factions and events that transpired during Robert's rebellion. Also, if all (or even most) of this theorizing has been done using only knowledge obtained from the show itself, I think it's already fair to call it an unequivocal success.

Anyway... I'm guessing that by the end of the next episode, one of these clever Unsullied will have sussed out that Jon will become The Lord Commander by the end of the fourth season, and will likely be betrayed by his own men and 'killed', possibly saving himself only by warging into Ghost at the last minute. .....................

Anyway... I'm guessing that by the end of the next episode, one of these clever Unsullied will have sussed out that Jon will become The Lord Commander by the end of the fourth season, and will likely be betrayed by his own men and 'killed', possibly saving himself only by warging into Ghost at the last minute. .....................

:lol: :lmao:

This is insightful as hell and I never even thought of it.

On the subject of Stannis, it's interesting that he thinks he has a claim to the throne, yet he is engaging in the same behavior (burning people alive) that was used as justification for Robert to take the throne through rebellion. If burning people alive makes someone unfit to be kind, then Stannis is just as unfit. If it doesn't, then Dany should still be the rightful heir.

I enjoy reading more about certain things than others and sometimes little extra knowledge would 'fix' that for me, so just being selfish I guess.

And I'm not sure if the unsullied are the best way to measure if the series works. Sure, if they can't understand something then the show has probably failed in something but there are other threads which have much more casual viewers. And its those guys' understanding in my mind that makes the series work or not.

If the Unsullied can work something out, that means the show works because it provides all the clues necessary to piece something together. It certainly doesn't mean that casual viewers can work anything out, but it does mean that the show can be understood without requiring the books.

Maybe Arya will run into someone who is related to Willa who can tell us more. Since Arya is running around with commoners. (In the same rough area that Ned would have been during the war, right?) That would make sense too, since Arya is the Stark closest to Jon.

What a farce.

If the Unsullied can work something out, that means the show works because it provides all the clues necessary to piece something together. It certainly doesn't mean that casual viewers can work anything out, but it does mean that the show can be understood without requiring the books.

I would say the Unsullied are comparable to those book readers who spot many things that others miss such as Renly's taste in companions, the recipe of certain pies and the identity of some guy with a hooked nose and a scar. etc. Things not required to enjoy and follow the story but something that can be pieced together. Plus, they come up with a lot of theories.

Archived