[BOOK/TV SPOILERS] TWOP n00bs Thread II

Xray the Enforcer

Many of the great houses seem to be a bit short in "heirs and spares" at this point.

Targaryen - believed extinct

Greyjoys - Heir: Theon (childless), spare: Yara? (Theon was shocked that Yara might be considered an heir)

Tully - would this be Stark or Arryn l.o.s.?

Arryn - Heir: Robin (sickly child, childless)

Baratheon - Heir: unknown (I don't think Joffrey and Tommen would be accepted in the Baratheon house l.o.s at this point)

Stark - Heir: Robb (childless), Spare: none (Bran/Rickon believed dead)

Interesting note re Tully's. Clearly we need Edmure to come on the scene ASAP. Does Cat get shipped off to Riverrun at the end of this season? Certainly if what should happen happens she ain't safe staying with the war party, mother of the King or no.

Dany? She'll leave Qarth with her dragons and Jorah and find some other city where she'll yell BLA BLA MINE BLA BLA BY RIGHT BLA BLA BLA WITH FIRE AND BLOOD.

One of the best things I've ever read! ^^

And good old Samwell... I hope he brought some light reading (weight I mean, not content) because I think what Gren found may be important. Hey, maybe those spear tips are what can effectively kill White Walkers? (Possibly if they've been dipped in "pig shit" and set on fire?)

Almost ! ^^

hahahaha... such fun to wake up on a Monday morning and see what the Unsullied are saying about the latest episode! (bolding is mine)

By the way, if Stannis takes King's Landing and becomes King it will be confusing because Ser Davos will become the "official" (half)Hand. I wonder if Stannis will have the fingers broken off of the pin?

what is this "pig shit" thing people are continuously going on about on that forum? It seems to have been brought up by a certain prominent poster over there with a name that sounds a bit like billshrimpy during season 1 and everyone is getting quite excited because tyrion nicknamed wildfire "pig shit in the latest episode.

what is this "pig shit" thing people are continuously going on about on that forum? It seems to have been brought up by a certain prominent poster over there with a name that sounds a bit like billshrimpy during season 1 and everyone is getting quite excited because tyrion nicknamed wildfire "pig shit in the latest episode.

What its about is way back when Ned was Hand and the peasants came to KL to complain about Gregor raping and pillaging the villages, one of the peasants described how his wife (or daughters, or both, I don't remember) were covered in pitch and set afire by Gregor's raiders. But the peasant was stuttering a bit in grief, and it came out 'pi-pi-pitch.' The next day, that poster at the TWoPer's asked if he/she heard it right, that the peasant's wife was covered in pig shit and set afire. And then it all took off from there...

Okay I think it's time for spitballs for Season 3. I think these will be the big players in Season 3:

-The Brotherhood

-Mance Rayder

-Tyrells (maybe Tyrells vs. Stannis, if Stannis takes KL?)

-Martells of Dorne

-Casterly Rock (home of Lannisters, where they will have to retreat and regroup, I think)

3,5 / 5.

I count the Martells as 0.5 since we may see Oberyn.

Dany is referring to what she was told by the witch who killed her unborn child and cursed her Khal Drogo. After the still-birth, when Dany asked the witch when Drogo would be himself again, the witch gave a long lyrical answer, including "when the sun rises in the west" and "when your womb quickens with life again."

I remembered that answer because it so chilled me. (And because I re-watched it too many times.) That answer sounded to me as if the witch had cursed Dany with infertility.

This is an interesting post.

this year Varys has seldom been seen and Ros has been sort of center stage more often than I would have thought from last year. I wouldn't have called that at all.

Neither did we...

And a man is sad they do not talk of the dragonglass, I was wishing them to "spitball" on it !

A man does not need to be sad. A man asks and a man shall receive...

* ETA: Any guesses on what that stuff from the First Men might be?

* Sam called it dragon glass (obsidian), so I'm guessing that the spearheads are made to kill dragons. If not dragons, something else fierce and awful. I think it was left there by them to help whoever might chance upon it much later. I wonder what the writing or petroglyphs or whatever, mean.

* Sam called some of it Dragon Glass and they looked like spear tips to me. I flung a spitball a page or so back that they might be the weapon that would be most effective against the White Walkers. Perhaps it is kind of like their Kryptonite? That's the best I could do with what we were given. I bet Sam "read something in a book" that explains what they are AND what they do (the stuff that is). He said the Maester's called the material obsidian (volcanic glass).

* I thought the name was a reference to it's strength or power. I didn't even think about the spear heads being used against Dragons. That's another possibility. Along with the first man "marks" it is something to look forward to learning about next episode. I just know Sam will give us an answer.

* This is how I took it to be as well. If it's called Dragon Glass, I'm guessing it's made from a by product of Dragon fire. Given the original title of this series, I'm thinking that ultimately it's a story about Dragons (fire) and White Walkers (Ice), and the men who inhabit those domains.

* The obsidian spearheads looked like ordinary obsidian to me, hard but brittle. Not useful for fighting weapons, because they would break immediately. You can use them for hunting unarmoured and unarmed animals, their edges are sharp enough to cut through thick hide, skin and flesh. I seriously doubt you can fight dragons with it, assuming GoT dragons have scale armour. And those blades would be utterly useless against any kind of armour (paper, wood, horn, bronze, steel, what have you).

Dragon glass seems to be the GoT-version of our "vulcano glass" term for obsidian. As in: you can use dragon/vulcano fire to produce obsidian. Of course, dragons are magical creatures, maybe some of their magic is embedded in the obsidian.

Our favorite (and very smart..) Unsullied is suddenly beginning to wonder about the significance of the name of the HOTU. (bolding mine..)

I don't think Skinny McBluelips has any real loyalty to Xaro or interest in political upheaval/power within the city. I think he's all jazzed about the "Yay! A magic lady and her baby dragons! I knew the blue juice wasn't lying all these years!" and that getting the dragons back from the House of the Undying (wow, it just occurred to me, who might Dany meet in there? Drago or Viserys cameo maybe?) is not her main problem.

Our favorite (and very smart..) Unsullied is suddenly beginning to wonder about the significance of the name of the HOTU. (bolding mine..) I don't think Skinny McBluelips has any real loyalty to Xaro or interest in political upheaval/power within the city. I think he's all jazzed about the "Yay! A magic lady and her baby dragons! I knew the blue juice wasn't lying all these years!" and that getting the dragons back from the House of the Undying (wow, it just occurred to me, who might Dany meet in there? Drago or Viserys cameo maybe?) is not her main problem.

Hang on, have they even shown Shade of the Evening in the show? I've probably just missed it, or have they not given a reason for his lips being blue?

Hang on, have they even shown Shade of the Evening in the show? I've probably just missed it, or have they not given a reason for his lips being blue?

Xaro mentioned it to Dany while he was dissing the Warlocks, something about them sitting around in the HOTU, drinking Shade of the Evening which turns their lips blue, and imagining themselves as powerful magicians, or somesuch.

Damn, one of them (not naming) guessed in a single post The Red Wedding, what kind of dude Ramsay is and some deaths to come (although wrong in many cases).

Archived