Myrcella Baratheon, more!

He has every reason to tell her this secret, he needs her to convince Myrcella to lie about what happened. Why lie about that if it isn't Myrcella?

Doran never told Arianne that he needed her to convince Myrcella to lie about what happened. Not that we observed, anyway.

Judging by what Kevan Told Cersei in Dance, it sounds like Ser Balon actually saw the wounds.

Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. I don't think DANCE resolves that conclusively. But whether the wounds are real or fake, it may not be the real Myrcella.

He does not need to know the specifics. Cersei understood the crux of the matter. She did not want to send her child among the Dornish, because "They hate us." That is really all she, or Tyrion, really needed to know.

Nor did Tyrion disagree. He just thought he was clever enough to rule out the possibility that Myrcella would come to harm in a pit of snakes. He is in love with his own cleverness. But what did he know?

He knew enough to put together the defensive strategy that saved King's Landing, part of which was forcing Stannis leave men at his rear to guard against the Dornish.

You act as though Myrcella should have been in any danger. If Myrcella had been openly attacked, the Martells would have the respect of the Frey's post Red Wedding.

I really want to like Tyrion again because he has his moments but his behaviour concerning Myrcella in one of the things that really made me dislike him: First the Dorne thing and later the fact that he contemplates using her as a pawn against her brother. Using his niece who always loved him unconditionally as a pawn only because he hates her mother is really a low point!

thankfully illyrio talked him out.

and I think aegon, jonC and the GC will be her savoirs

You act as though Myrcella should have been in any danger.

She was in danger. Cersei understood this, knew the reason, and told Tyrion the reason.

If Myrcella had been openly attacked, the Martells would have the respect of the Frey's post Red Wedding.

So? A person who hates you can hurt you without doing so "openly". Especially when that person has your daughter completely in his power. Doran never has to admit he MEANT to hurt Myrcella (even if he did mean to). But of course, it is not just Doran and the Martells that Tyrion should have been worried about. There's all the Sand Snakes and the Darkstar-types too.

Sure. Cersei will never believe Doran's protestations of innocence, if harm comes to Myrcella. Doran understands this, and knows that Myrcella's death means war. But as for everyone else ... all Doran has to do is win the war, and his version of history will prevail.

Myrcella will not survive. Here are my theories:

a ) Her condition will worsen and she will die from her wounds. This will happen either by infection or some other medical complication no maester can fix.

b )The assassin will return to finish her off.

To me, the prophecy is simple: Cersei will see all of her children die and then she will die. Someone has already attempted to kill Myrcella once and he hasn't been caught so there's that.

• 4 months later...

The most likely "betrayal" is that she openly sides with Trystane ahead of Cersei in the upcoming conflict between Lannister and Martell. As Trystane is 3rd in line to the Dornish throne, it's no big stretch that she'll one day become Queen of Dorne.

The same scenario with Tommen and Tyrell isn't too unbelievable either - especially if Tommen learns that Cersei is behind the accusations against his wife.

Isn't Trystane second in line to Sunspear now that Quentyn is dead"

I hate this prophecy, gods damn it!!!!!!!

Mycrella is a smart lass, who has bags of potential to be one of those 'Next Gen' kids who rises out the ashes and become the Lady of Casterly Rock that her mother never could be. She has faced all her toils with a great sense of dignity and from what I can see, she has many good qualities (she gets them from her daddy <3)

However, GRRM has brutally maimed her, tangled her up in some stupid Dornish uprising (that just makes you think bad of the Martells, who are actually quite cool...) and robbed her of any semblance of a childhood she might have had. With this prophecy hanging over her, part of me doubts she will survive the books. But then who will?!? I refuse to believe the Lannisters will get extinguished entirely. *goes off to sulk*

• 2 years later...

Am I the only one who thinks that Myrcella is just the same as her mother? I think that child has some mad inner monologue... Remember, she agreed to be crowned queen by Arianne, robbing her brother of that right.

Am I the only one who thinks that Myrcella is just the same as her mother? I think that child has some mad inner monologue... Remember, she agreed to be crowned queen by Arianne, robbing her brother of that right.

Do you really blame a child doing what she is told by people who she trusts? And Arianne argued that by law she should be Queen anyway but I do not think Myrcella had any change to think about this.

Do you really blame a child doing what she is told by people who she trusts? And Arianne argued that by law she should be Queen anyway but I do not think Myrcella had any change to think about this.

Myrcella is smart and dutiful. She should know that Arianne's law is not her law. And maybe she did not have time to think about what Arianne was blabbering about, but I don't recall Myrcella refusing to be crowned. If this is not a proof of a girl driven by ambition, I don't know what is.

Its also possible that Myrcellas death would give the Martells the oppurtunity to hire a Faceless Man to kill Tommen while disguised as Myrcella. Then potentialy you could have a FM sitting on the Iron Throne.

How would they pay for the death of the King of the Seven Kingdoms? Hiring the FM costs a fortune.

And it's not like FM are the only option when it comes to kill somebody.

Archived