"Her small breasts moved freely..."

As a male, getting into shalwar (kind of pyjama-style trousers) after years of wearing jeans made me notice my (incredibly large, naturally) penis moving loosely. If someone were to write a chapter about me wearing them, that could easily be a reasonable line. Just sayin'.

Lol! TOO MUCH INFORMATION! :bawl:

May be helpful to read the "breasts moving freely" business in the context of the rest of the chapter, and Dany's character.

The Dothraki, at this point, see her as a girl who just happens to be married to Drogo, not as one of them. She notes herself, in the same paragraph, that she dressed in a rougher, more primitative way to downplay her femininity and present herself as more of a "savage". She knows to be given status among the khalasar in reality and not just name, she has to shed the bodice-and-lace Westeros princess image and become more assertive in appearance and deed. Obviously, she could have could've changed clothes and given orders without giving any thought at all to her breasts, but is it realistic for a teenage girl who's actively trying to alter her outward feminine appearance to NOT make note of her own breasts?

Archived