White-Luck Warrior IX

jurble

TTT appendix mentions the year 3742 as his end. It does not say how he eventually died after converting the Kianene.

Ah, thanks.

So it seems to suggest that he certainly died, but we are given no explanation of how.

If not for that I was ready to go meta-crackpot with Meppa is Fane theories.

It's a shame TSA doesn't have it's own forum any more. The user base on 3seas was quite different imo and having multiple threads was great for a more diverse set of discussions and allowing more varied opinions to be aired. Also a sub forum for authorial input was absolutely the kind of thing that sharpened reader interest.

Which may be the point, but I think the Outside was conjured up from Scott's D&D days which was long before the Bling Blind Brain Hype.

Well, this is what baffles me - how much has actually changed from that first inception? How many of these themes already existed back then? If so, how the fuck did he invent all that shit when he was an early, spotty teenager?

Some of it may have grown over time though - he mentions inventing Kellhus to make Earwa an even harder place. So Kellhus may have been invented much latter.

I think he is exploiting the 'native' attitude of a male of that age for themes (themes now touched on in the books, rather than themes merely enacted in a teenagers self gratifying invention), and the outside may go under that exploitation of the default attitude as well.

Ah, thanks.

So it seems to suggest that he certainly died, but we are given no explanation of how.

If not for that I was ready to go meta-crackpot with Meppa is Fane theories.

Meppa is Fane is blind sorcerer from Atrocity Tale.

I've been thinking about Chorae. We know that none can be currently manufactured, but do we know when exactly they were produced? I am just thinking, perhaps it's not the magic that's imbued in them That makes them work, but rather the materials. We know the ground around... that city in the north that Kelly claims to be a prince of... is anarcane ground. Is it possible that the Chorae are made from minerals of that region?

Also, I know that whole thing is kind of throwaway, but I can't help but wonder if it will play any role.

(null)

Lol, that stuff is awesome, SCO. I always considered my visits there to be a dive into some insane random jumble of chaotic permutations and interpretation.

Honestly, I'd be very surprised if anyone actually took licenses in writing fiction due to TV Tropes. Especially, as that would be tantamount to someone like Bakker actually admitting that "yeah, I was really trying to capture the Alien Tentacle Rape Trope within my story."

I sincerely doubt TVTropes was his inspiration.

• 1 month later...

Just finished WLW. Jumping in on a nine thread long discussion is intimidating... Especially since I don't understand programming languages to begin with! :lol:

I'm more interested in hearing the discussions on Mimara, the Hundred, Ishual, and such. Is WLW thread one the best place to start?!!?

Just finished WLW. Jumping in on a nine thread long discussion is intimidating... Especially since I don't understand programming languages to begin with! :lol:

I'm more interested in hearing the discussions on Mimara, the Hundred, Ishual, and such. Is WLW thread one the best place to start?!!?

Wouldn't hurt to start from the beginning, but there are also plenty of dedicated discussions over here:

http://secondapocalypse.forumer.com/index.php

(There's more in the Misc. Chatter and The Unholy Consult forums than anywhere else, however most of the topics are pretty relevant to the series as a whole).

Archived