White-Luck Warrior IX

jurble

Supposed to be two more. That's assuming he hasn't gone crazy and is living naked on top of a mall in Canada somewhere, throwing eggs at random shoppers and screaming "EVER ARE MEN DECEIVED BY RETAIL"...or something.

Supposed to be two more. That's assuming he hasn't gone crazy and is living naked on top of a mall in Canada somewhere, throwing eggs at random shoppers and screaming "EVER ARE MEN DECEIVED BY RETAIL"...or something.

I laughed pretty hard at the image in my head.

Like I said, that was the plan - but his non earwa stuff didn't sell, he had to take a day job and the rest of his books aren't as popular as he'd like them to be. My gut feeling is that TUC is it, at least for a few years.

How do we know he's not already there?

Nuke would tell us, they live in the same city.

=-=-=

eta:

Well I hope his publishers are smart enough to not release it in Jan 2013. There's a slighty large release coming out then.

FU Kalbear: The Grack21 Story?

Well I hope his publishers are smart enough to not release it in Jan 2013. There's a slighty large release coming out then.

Not that I think it would matter much to the sales of Bakker's new book, but that decision has been taken out the publisher's hands already by Scott. There used to be roughly a year between handing over the first manuscript and the release date, and the first part of that hasn't been done yet.

Ah well. At this point if we get TUC next year I'll be happy.

I think he'd have benefited from a 2012 release, and Grack is right in that interest diminishes as other authors put out new works.

2013 I suspect will be a competitive year.

I don't think that book competition really matters; it's very rare that a series gets picked up mid-stream or gets a lot more new readers without something external helping it (TV shows, recommendations, book club, whatever). People who liked the prior series will pick it up, those who didn't won't. It might make for a slightly less splashy release, but he's a midlist author with a small cult following. When he releases won't matter a bit.

Put it another way: do you really think the fans of this series are going to think 'hmm...I could get this or the last book in the WoT series...guess I'll just not get it'.

Put it another way: do you really think the fans of this series are going to think 'hmm...I could get this or the last book in the WoT series...guess I'll just not get it'.

Fair enough. I suppose at this point what matters is how good TUC is. I've sort of resigned myself to it being a disappointment but that's just one reader's opinion.

I have a bad feeling Esmi ends up having to prostitute herself to Fayanal, which leads to more prostituion reflection (

!) and a possibly conversion to Yatwer (
)!

Mim will somehow become a useful bargaining chip based on her womb (

!) and for all her Metagnostic magical power Serwa will somehow be trapped with traitor Non-men who will render her helpless (
!).

eta 2: removed the more bitchy part of this post.

Archived