White-Luck Warrior IX

jurble

There's also the paragraphs where Wutteat talks about chilling with Sil, again in all caps. I think a mixture of regular case and all caps might have been better.

But it at least made me think of MF Doom's

so that's good.

Yes, and in that playing is exactly what we're talking about. It's like saying that there isn't a lot of philosophy in the books; all that happens is that Kellhus says some shit to get people interested in him, does so, and then he goes and kills shit. Or Akka doesn't have long thoughts to himself about anything; he just thinks about a couple things and then casts some spells. Yes, that's correct, but that 'says some shit' part has a whole lot of EAMD type crap.

Basically everyone in Earwax has the Incredibles problem of monologing. Kellhus is the true savior because he can actually stop monologing some times and kill shit that is monologing (like his dad). Everyone else is stuck.

This "complaint" doesn't even make sense anymore.

All-Caps is not monologuing or philosophising. He's playing word games with Akka. As a proper dragon should.

I thought the dragon was just engaging in sly misogyny. I thought that was why I was compelled to go and punch some school girls after every chapter.

eta. If you replace the first four words with 'ever are men decieved' and every fifth word in that scene with 'phallus' you get the hidden message.

He's playing with Akka. Cleric even tells him this, before and afterwords.

In a series with obvious Tolkien nods all over the place, with an ending as an obvious nod to the Bilbo/Smaug exchanges in The Hobbit, how did people miss the word and mind games?

Akka says "I've come for the map", All-Caps says "FUCK YOU"

Akka says "I need the map", All-Caps responds with "PEOPLE ALWAYS CONFUSE WHAT THEY WANT WITH WHAT THEY NEED"

Akka says "I'll trade you for it", All-Caps says "OK, WHAT YOU GOT?"

Akka says "Um .... fuck. Uh ... truth!", All-Caps says "ALRIGHT"

Akka tells him some shit and is then like "Ok, you've had your truth, now give me the map!", All-Caps responds "TRUTH IS INFINITE. YOU'VE ONLY GIVEN ME A PIECE OF IT. WHERE'S THE REST OF MY TRUTH BITCH?"

And then Cleric points out the obvious: "He's fucking with you. He's not gonna give you anything". Which is consistent with what we've always been told of dragons in the setting.

Every step of the way All-Caps is screwing with Akka. He's playing word games with no intention of ever actually giving him anything.

I could've told Akka that DRAGONS ONLY WANT JEWELS AND GOLD so they can plant their asses on them. What's up with this truth crap? No wonder the dragon was screwing with him.

I've heard eating pineapples and celery helps, as well as avoided avoiding a lot of processed foods and meats.

I always thought it was coffee & alcohol you should avoid, whilst drinking lots of pineapple juice.

how did you get to snowballing from intellectual v. non-intellectual masturbation?

Philo-wank -> Intellectual Masturbation -> Regular Masturbation -> Flavor of Semen -> Swallowing as some how enhancing Oral Sex -> Post Ejaculation Activities some how enhancing Oral Sex -> Snowballing.

Archived