White-Luck Warrior IX

jurble

Thanks. I'll look up the passage when I get home, but does it seem possible that a significant portion of the ship was destroyed, and this description is only of what remains? Because while large, that isn't really big enough to hold an entire civilization (or at least much of one). For comparison, the Pentagon is wider and deeper than that, and while it certainly isn't 4500 feet tall (even counting the unknown number of basements), it seems like they'd be running out of room pretty quick.

I think the weird gold-colored metal that makes up its hull is usually described as not being damaged by the Fall. I'll read the memory in question again (Chapter 12 in TTT), but it seems to have landed without external damage (aside from most of the passengers dying in the crash).

The dimensions do seem to indicate not much in the way of internal area. I crunched the numbers, and it has less than a single cubic mile in internal volume. Those Inchoroi would have to be packed in real tight, or perhaps not all awake and active the whole ride between planets. Maybe they live inside the fleshy walls that the Ark supposedly had.

I still want to know why Kosoter thinks himself damned. He's presumably killed tons of people all in the name of Kellhus, during the First Holy War, and the Unification Wars. Proyas certainly doesn't think himself damned, at least from what we can tell. So why does Kosoter so firmly believe that he himself is damned? Did Kellhus just say to him, "Hey bro, you're damned unless you take Achamian to the Coffers." But why, aside from his fanaticism, would Kosoter believe him? Kosoter has to have committed some crimes he even thinks is beyond the scope of holy war.

Can you kill a ciphrang or God in the Outside? Where would it go? O-o. If the Hundred are just bigger fragments of the God, is you destroy one, does it just break in fragments for more possible human souls and ciphrang? If it were possible, would Kellhus have attempted to do it? The ciphrang-heads on Kellhus' belt seem to still be alive.

edit: Speaking of those Ciphrang, they don't really seem to resemble the Ciphrang from the trilogy, do they? No one comments on the fact that they look weird like 1000s of eyes and not fitting reality. Moreover, they apparently have mouths, while I don't think Zioz or whatever did in the first trilogy. Why would a Ciphrang need a mouth? But, they have to be real Ciphrang, right? The Scarlet Spires would realize if they were fakes, and there's no reason for them to be fakes.

Maybe he went with Kellhus on one of his journeys to the Outside and did something there?

Or saw his damnation while he was there. It could even be that Kellhus simply told him he was damned for stuff he did before joining the Holy War, as a way to motivate him to take his Skin Eaters on the mission.

Archived