Name one thing that will make you angry if its not happen in the next book

cooper56

I don't really care about most the stuff, even enjoyed Tyrion and Dany in ADWD (yes, I'm the 1%). But if there will be no Bran chapters I'll be very mad!

Stannis not turning the tables on Ramsay. I think he can do it, but... I thought Ned would get the Wall and make a comeback with Jon, also at the Wall and totally alive. I thought Robb would turn his plans into reality and blitz back the north, but... no.

Still. Stannis isn't a fool; he's a man with a plan, and up against someone he should (on paper) be able to take down. I just hope it doesn't get him killed...

Oh, and Jaime's fate not being elaborated upon.

If at least one of the secret Targs isn't revealed/hinted much more clearly. If Others don't attack, at least the Wall. If some POV characters don't appear. If Jon's fate is not made clear. If Dany does not leave Meereen.

WOW. Most of the what I wanted to happen in ADWD didn't. I fully expected Tyrion to meet Dany. Dany to get herself and those dragons to Westeros. Sam, what going on in Oldtown at the Citadel? Bran? And I do want to know about Jaime, Brienne and Lady Stoneheart.

1)Howland Reed...come on already. He doesn't have to reveal everything, let's just get eyes on the man.

2)The Others need to do something, so that everybody knows they are back.

3)More Edric Dayne and Darkstar

4)Prince Doran needs to make his move...or is he waiting for the next winter?

5)Rickon? Hello? You there little buddy?

6)Margaery trial

7)Jon Snow's fate. Dead or alive?

8)Jaime needs to fight somebody.

9)Did I mention Howland Reed?

10)The Knights of the Vale need to take action. I always get the feeling that the Vale has the best knights in Westeros. They need to fight somebody. Say....the...Dothraki when they cross the sea with Dany

11)Eddard's real bastard needs to come out already

12)Arya needs to grab Needle and leave the FM

I know, I'm not asking for much.;). If just one of those things happens, I'll consider it a victory.

Confirmation about Jon's future...Is he dead? Will Mel resurrect him? Will he live on in Ghost? All three maybe???

Also I would like the North to find out that the Stark boys are really alive and that Jeyne Poole is not Ayra

Oh yeah and for goodness sakes, lets get some dragons to Westeros!!

I know not everyone feels this strongly, but I will be incredibly upset if Jon is a) DEAD dead, b ) an undead wight and not 'Jon' anymore, or c) stuck permanently in Ghost's body, or d) if Ghost has to die in order for Jon to come back..... :-(

Unfortunately, knowing GRRM, I'm guessing one of the above is likely... :-(

Also, I will be greatly upset if Bran never leaves that tree ever again (I am excited about his prospects with Bloodraven, but still think it is unfair for him to be stuck there forever at this point). I will be extremely disappointed if Arya never picks up Needle again, never meets with Nymeria again, and if she becomes a full-fledged FM. I will also be greatly distressed if Arya is sent to kill one of her remaining family members at some point, as part of her FM gig. Ugh, I don't really like the FM, unlike a lot of people who seem to find them thrilling. I love GRRM playing with ideas of identity, but the FM gross me out. I will also be saddened if Sansa never remembers her Stark-ness, and just becomes a player of the Game down in the South. If Rickon just drops out of the story (unlikely now, thank goodness), or if he turns into some Ramsey-like 'monster' due to his lack of upbringing, etc. :dunno:

Basically, my biggest issues have nothing to do with the slowness of the plot. Yes, the plot is moving at a glacial pace, but even that I can forgive. While it is annoying that Dany and Tyrion haven't met, that Dany is still in Essos, etc., it does not *upset* as greatly as the above-mentioned points. What matters to me most are the characters and their development. Its not that I cannot handle bad stuff happening to my beloved Stark characters --- I am still reading and enjoying the series even after Ned and the Red Wedding, after all. I'm not even saying that I demand a 'happy ending' (Ha! I do know better by now -- no one in the series will experience a happy ending, perhaps not evening an 'ending' at all). Nevertheless, I think the remaining Stark characters (including and especially Jon) still have a lot of pontential to their stories and character development, and it would be a shame to never see that potential realised. Even if some of the characters go down increasingly darker roads in the course of their journeys (as they all seem to be heading towards, imo), as long as those journeys are at least somewhat 'satisfying' (no idea what that means at this point), and as long as those characters are still a) alive to experience more journeying, and b ) believably those characters, I can handle it.

*Edited for clarity. This is my first post in a long time, and the board has changed a bit since then. :-)

Archived