Name one thing that will make you angry if its not happen in the next book

cooper56

I would be very disappointed if Cersei doesn't have an epiphanic moment of clarity about just how awful a human being she is. Just a glimmer of how she has so royally screwed up so much. I don't need her to transform a la Jaime I just need her to understand how much of the chaos is her fault.

I will be pissed if Tyrion doesn't end up treating with Victarion on the ship and start to make a wise-ass comment, prompting Victarion to cooly saunter over towards him with a battleaxe in hand, stop and reflect for a second, then toss the axe aside and proceed to bend down, firmly grab Tyrion by the neck and twist his head off and punt it into the ocean, then gruffly commands one of his shipmates to clear the deck of the headless dwarf corpse.

Look at what Dany has to achieve if she is to remain in this series and win the GOT.

- Win the wars in Meereen

- gain control of her Dragons and find riders for the other two

- get herself to Westeros

- defeat the Lannister/Reach alliance or whatever form of it is left

- defeat or make peace with the others

I just don't think she's going to make it to Westeros, time is running out. And if she should I don't think she'll be alive long enough to do all that's required. Each one of those feats she requires is at least a book long venture if you take her storyline as a consistent arc.

It just doesn't seem viable to have her plodding along in a rut then all of a sudden go to and conquer all of Westeros in the time it took her to go outside Mereens gates for a look.

I think we'll get resolution for her in the next book but not what people want.

I'd be upset if there was no resolution to Stonehearts unnatural state in the next book, and she obviously isnt going to go away till she finds peace. So need one of her kids to find her, or even Snow

I want to see something cool happen with Dorne. Perhaps Daenerys will truly "sail east to go west" and end up at Starfall. Else, I'd like her to head the normal way, running into the other POVs on Essos, land in Sunspear, and begin the march of Fire from the southernmost part of Westeros as Ice begins to move south from the northernmost part.

Of course, they will meet at the Twins, and Walder Frey will get his just desserts.

1) Any resolution to the Benjen Stark situation, frankly idc if he's dead, a wight alive, or whatever, it's just something I've been dying to know for too long.

2) Rickon, either to be brought back by Davos or hell, if he's accepted and content for him to stay in Skaagos. I just feel for the kid, completely innocent yet has lost so much and as cheesy as it is, I just want him to be happy.

3) Some major curveball in the AA prophecy, or at least a major development. Seriously now, every single male character can fit the criteria if you look hard enough. Jaime, Davos, Jon, Bran, Sandor, Victarion have had substantial "smoke and salt" experiences.

4) Resolution to the UnCat storyline. I've never really been interested in it. Her story is just as lifeless as she is...

5) Any event that can either confirm or debunk the legitimacy of prophecies. I feel that the most unresolved content falls into this category. I want to know whether my days of note-taking, highlighting, and consolidating the information within the books were either accurate or completely unfounded or unnecessary.

6) Aegon's MO and some in-depth background information on Varys.

7) Closure, after so much time between the books, as a reader, I would be thoroughly disappointed if there is no further concrete information on some of the issues that you have all brought up.

Among the others that have been stated, I would like to see the Brotherhood again. We've barely seen them since ASOS (apart from Brienne's final chapter in Feast).

Hopefully they will be transforming from a Frey-hanging band of guerillas into a more capable fighting force (preferably re-taking Riverrun and/or the Twins). But I guess that depends on their...unconventional leadership.

Drogon needs to die. That monster killed more people in the span of an hour than Ramsay Snow did all year!

Hell, I wouldn't mind having Tyrion do it. I'd much rather see Tyrion the Dragonslayer than Dragonrider. A ballista is just a really big crossbow. :devil:

A small Stark family reunion - Sansa and Arya; Bran and Jon (I know he's a Snow/Targ not a Stark); Rickon and Arya; Sansa and UnCat.

That wont happen until the next book (the supposed last one), it is known.

1) I want The North to somehow understand that Jeyne Poole isn't Arya and avenge the Starks by humiliating Bastard Ramsay and do unspeakable things to him. I'd really like the Greatjon to escape the Freys and lead the attack himself. Then march upon the Twins with the strength of the whole North behind him.

The North remembers.

2) I want Daenerys to stop nibbling olives and hold court, it's past time she went to Westeros. It won't be enough if she just comes there with her army, she has to make a huge bloody entrance for all of Westeros to see. Three flying dragons with riders leading an army of over a hundred thousand. I also want Daenerys to get full control of her dragons, especially Drogon, he's essential for her victory.

3) Jon Snow's fate. I don't want Jon dead until he has met Arya at least once more.

4) I want Arya to return to Westeros with Needle tucked hidden behind her cloak.

5) I want Brienne to help Gendry.'

6) Theon to become Theon.

1. Dany needs to head on over to Westeros, or at least be on the shores of Essos with a huge force about to set off on the invasion.

2. Arya needs to complete her FM training.

3. Sansa needs to complete her training under LF.

4. Jon needs to wake up, head to Winterfell, and kill some Boltons and Freys -- same for Stannis.

5. Sam must needs become a wizard.

6. At least one Stark reunion -- Rickon meeting Jon is most likely.

Not necessarily for the next book, but please, GRRM, get round to it. There were so many tantalising elements in the first few books that just never seem to get resolved and as the series has stretched, have just got dragged on and on. Most of the major ones (Jon's parentage, Dany in Westeros) have been mentioned already, but there's some minor quibbles I'd like to see resolved:

1) friggin' time Gendry learns about his heritage - so many close brushes with the truth, always conveniently interrupted by an ambush or something. Do it, make him important, he's an awesome character.

2) Arya reunites with Nymeria - so many hints of it, otherwise what purpose does giving each Stark child a direwolve serve?

3) UnCat should learn not all her children are dead. Not sure what he reaction to it would be, but it would be interesting to see.

4) Sandor and Gregor: their relationship was explained in detail, and I'd like to see Sandor be the one to extinguish his brute of a brother once and for all.

5) Brienne and Stannis - what, all that pledging for revenge and not being held back when she finally meets him was just a dramatic guff of air? She still has an ultimate quest, let not all that fruitless hunting for Sansa/Jaime make her forget her purpose.

6) the valonqar prophecy: personal theory (that I'd like to see come true), the younger brother who kills Cersei is not Tyrion, but Jaime. Dunno how, but at the end, the person who finishes her off is the only one she ever loved (presumably because he realises what a horrible human she is).

7) Stark family reunion, with what's left of them. How many years since that heartwarming feast at Winterfell before they all went their separate ways... and died/held hostage/went off to Braavos/undied etc. I would like to see a Stark family member get confirmation of another Stark family member's existential status in the flesh, please.

Archived