Name one thing that will make you angry if its not happen in the next book

cooper56

Hi, first-time comment'er, but long-time lurker here...

First of all, I guess my views are quite a bit different than most people here because (1) I actually really enjoy Dany's aDwD arc and (2) I don't particularly want Arya to return to Westoros yet (but that's not to say I don't want her to return at all, I just feel like her journey may take her more and grander places first.)

As for things I hope are revealed in the next Book, first and foremost would be Sandor Clegane's reemergence from the Quiet Isle monastery. Whether he has truly been "reborn in the light of the seven" (would THAT be a stretch) or he is just using their kindness because he knew his life was forfeit had he not accepted their sanctuary remains to be seen but I think we can all agree that he is definitely not dead (why would GRRM allow him to win his trial by combat if his destiny was just to get killed in a random fight at the Crossroads?)

Apart from that, most of the things I would like addressed in tWoW center around the Maesters of the Citadel of Oldtown: number one is the Alchemist=/=Pate's true purpose in Oldtown and his interest in Sam, and following that logically is Archmaester Marwyn's voyage to Meereen and the "outing" of Alleras.

Seriously, I could go on for hours on what would piss me off if it doesn't happen in the next book. So I will:

1. The Wall doesn't fall. And the Others continue to be as aggressive as goddamn Doran Martell. Seriously, you guys are zombies, but that doesn't mean you're THAT slow.

2. The War in Meereen isn't settled immediately with lots of fire.

3. Dany doesn't leave Meereen well behind and isn't at the edge of Westeros AT LEAST by the end of the book.

4. Ramsay Bolton isn't dead.

5. Arya and Sansa and Rikkon and Bran aren't back in play in the larger story.

6. FrankenGregor doesn't do anything awesome.

7. Dorne remains boring as crap.

8. The Ironmen and the Damphair continue to bore me to death.

9. Dany doesn't burn things with her dragons.

10. Jon Snow doesn't come to life as something incredibly awesome.

11. Jaime and Brienne remain lost and out of play, and you never find out what the cliffhanger is.

12. Dany doesn't leave Daario.

13. We don't find out what the deal with Young Griff is.

14. The final stage of the war and the Song of Ice and Fire is not revealed.

Winds of Winter is going to be the most important book of the series so far. It better not suck.

I'd dissapointed if:

- Area didnt leave the FM to go to westeros and start killing some of the people on her list.

- If Podrick did not survive the hanging

- If Dany would not invade westeros

- If Cersei would be Queen regent again.

- If the Tyrell's would not have a major set back.

- If Frankengrego'rs head is not Roberts (since the sent Gregor's head to Dorne, i figure they needed a replacement. And maybe thats why they call him Robert)

- If Jon woud become UnJon/Wight. Let him either be dead or alive.

- If we had long chapters about Sam studying to become a Maester.

- If we don't see any of the Edric's gain (Storm and Dayne)

- If Bran stays a tree and has only three chapters again

- If Stannis doesnt beat the Boltons and Frey's

- If Theon doesn't die, while remembering his name

- If Selyse isn't thrown of the wall, burned , killed by a Giant or a warged boar or disposed in any other way. Same for Axell Florent.

I too will be fed up if by the end of Winds of Winter Dany has still not crossed the narrow sea and is still doing nothing. Unfortunately I don't think it's like to happen. I suspect she will make her move on Westeros in the final book.

I'd also like to know what the white walkers are and what their point is. And MORE Lady Stoneheart. Such a fascinating character, Uncat is, I find. We don't get to see her enough.

I want to delve into this darkstar character, I don't know if he's hero or villain yet, but he's a pretty terrible character and utterly pointless right now.

I want Stannis to actually have a noteworthy place in the world when the game is finished, I really don't want to see him become another 'Sacrifice' to drive the plot along.

I also need Syrios death confirmed so I can stop reading posts such as "Syrio gonna come back with arya n kill every!11!!!"

It seems like most people just want:

1) their favourite characters to "do something awesome"

2) the characters they hate to die, preferably by fire.

3) the parts of the story they think are "boring" to get resolved quickly (by their fave characters doing awesome things like burning the characters they hate to death, one assumes.)

4) any and all mysteries / loose plot strings / events previously foreshadowed to be quickly addressed and put to bed in time for...

5) the main, epic, epochal, cumulative battle to begin.

Why do I get the feeling that most of these people will be disappointed no matter what transpires in tWoW? I can totally picture GRRM hunched over his 'puter reading this thread. When he is done reading he takes off his specs, rubs his eyes and mutters to himself, "why do I even bother?"

Goodness. I don't think it's possible for the author to cover all these bases (as valid as they are). Somebody's going to be disappointed, no matter what. At the top of my list:

Dany arrives in Westeros.

The more I think about it, the more I'm interested in the relationship between Roose Bolton and Qyburn. Qyburn appears to be Cersei's minion but it was Bolton who went him to KL. And we know how straightforward Cersei's "friends" intentions typically are.

As well, Pyatt Pree's appearance in last week's episode reminded me of just how badly I am dying to find out more about Euron, specifically what he has done with the three Quartheen warlocks he captured. I want to find out more about Shade of the Evening and what it's doing to him as well.

As for where Dany's story will take her, I think it all comes down to what Quaithe always tells her.​

To go north, you must journey south, to reach the west you must go east. To go forward you must go back and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.

Dany will go to Asshai, or at least I hope so. Quaithe hasn't said much in the way of prophesy, but everything she's said has been bang on. The anti-Melisandre, I guess. Either way, that's where I think her story is taking her. And I would be disappointed if it didn't. I would be profoundly disappointed if no one went to Asshai at all in the next two books, that is for sure.

Archived