When is 'The World Of Ice and Fire' coming out?

The World of Ice and Fire is, as far as we know, likely to be a 2013 release. Ran might have more info on that, but I doubt very much it's coming out this year (though it was briefly listed by Bantam for this year).

I would not start to seriously expect The Winds of Winter before the end of 2015 at the earliest.

The next ASoIaF-related release will be The Lands of Ice and Fire, a collection of canon maps, on 30 October this year.

The fourth Dunk and Egg prequel novella, The She-Wolves, will be published in the Dangerous Women anthology, probably in early 2013. All four prequel novellas will be published in a collected volume (likely titled Tales of Dunk and Egg Volume I or some variation), probably in 2014.

I am probably going to be burned at the stake for saying this, but to be honest, I more excited for the 'World of Ice and Fire' than for the 'Winds of Winter', the first will add additional setting info, that will allowing my imagination go free, the other will leave me with another cliff hanger until 2020... *insert rant about GRRM doing everything but the books here*

Anyway we have an entry for the The_World_of_Ice_and_Fire with some info at the Wiki. (we are trying to gather info all related publication in the books section).

I am probably going to be burned at the stake for saying this, but to be honest, I more excited for the 'World of Ice and Fire' than for the 'Winds of Winter', the first will add additional setting info, that will allowing my imagination go free, the other will leave me with another cliff hanger until 2020... *insert rant about GRRM doing everything but the books here*

Anyway we have an entry for the The_World_of_Ice_and_Fire with some info at the Wiki. (we are trying to gather info all related publication in the books section).

Oh at this point in almots any series a book like The World of Ice and Fire or The Lands of Ice and Fire would be more interesting than the next canonical installment. I'm with you 100%

I think maybe 2013/14. I think the only real set-back was the time gap/character splits, but now that's finished and all characters are going to be in one book it could be like the first 3 novels, every 2 years or so. However, *eyes roll to the side* GRRMartin's sure taking his time.

Please note that this thread is discussing when The World of Ice and Fire will come out, not The Winds of Winter. The best place for that discussion is in the 'A Dance with Dragons' subforum in the books section of the board.

Oh at this point in almots any series a book like The World of Ice and Fire or The Lands of Ice and Fire would be more interesting than the next canonical installment. I'm with you 100%

The World of Ice and Fire and The Lands of Ice and Fire will both be canonical (in the former case written from an in-universe perspective which may not be entirely reliable, however).

When GRRM is finished and not a minute sooner.

GRRM has approval over The World of Ice and Fire, but I believe the bulk of the text work is already done and approved. The delay to 2013 seems to be the result of waiting on artwork.

Please note that this thread is discussing when The World of Ice and Fire will come out, not The Winds of Winter. The best place for that discussion is in the 'A Dance with Dragons' subforum in the books section of the board.

The World of Ice and Fire and The Lands of Ice and Fire will both be canonical (in the former case written from an in-universe perspective which may not be entirely reliable, however).

GRRM has approval over The World of Ice and Fire, but I believe the bulk of the text work is already done and approved. The delay to 2013 seems to be the result of waiting on artwork.

Yes, I was talking about the World of Ice and Fire not TWOW . Anyway i heard the book was finished and only needs to be published so that's why i asked .

Yes, I was talking about the World of Ice and Fire not TWOW . Anyway i heard the book was finished and only needs to be published so that's why i asked .

Yup, I believe the book is 'pretty much' done, but an issue remains with some of the artwork not being completed or delivered yet. If the outstanding pieces of art were handed in imminently, the book could probably have been released sooner. But with The Lands of Ice and Fire apparently taking over the world book's original release date, that doesn't seem likely now.

In the time between art delivery, GRRM has decided to gift us with... well. More stuff. Cool stuff. Have been reading it. Material that people have wanted to know since... oh, 1996, when A Game of Thrones came out...

And George is working on more. But of course, that also means we may need a few more pieces of art to illustrate it all...

(And before anyone gripes, he's been working on TWoW as well!)

In the time between art delivery, GRRM has decided to gift us with... well. More stuff. Cool stuff. Have been reading it. Material that people have wanted to know since... oh, 1996, when A Game of Thrones came out...

Would this be a 3-page description of Westeros's unique breed of sex-changing horses? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Would this be a 3-page description of Westeros's unique breed of sex-changing horses? :)

Only 3 pages? I want an extremely detailed and complex explanation with drawings and diagrams for at least 10 pages.

I believe it was a private joke, about someones pastime.

GRRM has decided to gift us with... well. More stuff. Cool stuff. Have been reading it. Material that people have wanted to know since... oh, 1996, when A Game of Thrones came out... And George is working on more.

That is exciting news :)

In the time between art delivery, GRRM has decided to gift us with... well. More stuff. Cool stuff. Have been reading it. Material that people have wanted to know since... oh, 1996, when A Game of Thrones came out... And George is working on more. But of course, that also means we may need a few more pieces of art to illustrate it all... (And before anyone gripes, he's been working on TWoW as well!)

Have people been wanting to know more about Asshai since 1996?

Someone may have, but I can't say George has touched on it so far. I'm afraid we're not going to get a whole lot of new information about Asshai, by the looks of it -- it's on the very verge of terra incognita, so to speak.

The new material is (so far) almost entirely concerned with Westeros.

Archived