When is 'The World Of Ice and Fire' coming out?

As any who was waiting for ADwD for years can attest, Amazon pre-order data isn't reliable. When the publisher site lists stats for the book, then I'll believe it.

until they push it back again, like what they've done with ADwD 3 times now, ha ha ha

I'm glad to know there will be family trees. I've been fascinated by what I've read in "Tidings" and look forward to seeing more. I always wondered if "Sansa" and "Arya" were family names; and it so, from which family?

But the US paperback is being pushed back for a financial/retailer reason. Repeatedly pushing back something wholly new like the World book costs the publisher money. The paperback is an unusual circumstance.

Exactly, the Hard Cover is still selling too many copies to release a paperback version. Why would the publisher sell something for $9.99 that people are still spending over twice that for? The paperback version of ADwD should have nothing to do with the World Book.

Well, it's all original material. If you mean, how much is new information versus stuff already known, I find it hard to say, really, putting it into percentages. Most every page has at least one new fact or detail, though, and some are nothing but just tons of new things.

The paperback is an unusual circumstance.

Not that unusual. We went through exactly the same thing with the US paperback releases of A Storm of Swords and A Feast for Crows, with both coming out more than two years after the hardcover.

Just makes me glad in the UK that we get the paperback one year after the hardcover, irregardless of how well the hardcover is selling (though on the minus side ADWD was split into two paperbacks here).

Thanks Wert, I didn't really follow the release dates of the paperbacks that closely before this one.

I still don't expect similar repeated rescheduling of the World book once a date is announced. I would hope they finalize their art and materials before setting a release date. I did notice the mention below on the wikipedia page for the Wheel of Time world book. :)

A similar book for George R.R. Martin's series, A Song of Ice and Fire is currently in the planning process, scheduled for release in 2009. Martin, a friend of Jordan's, jokingly said that it will not be called The World of George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire as the cover and title page would not be large enough to contain it.

http://en.wikipedia....e_Wheel_of_Time

This book is sounding better and better. I have to say that I'm really excited about all the new tidbits of info that will be on offer. Late 2013 isn't that bad essentially. But I can understand some people's frustration. Ran will there be anymore information concerning House Manderly's 'exile' from the Reach by the Gardener's? I think that would be interesting considering in delves into Houses Gardener, Manderly and then the Starks.

Archived