When is 'The World Of Ice and Fire' coming out?

I wonder if October 29th is the official release date? The World of Ice and Fire can now be found on Random House online catalog:

It's the official date as long as all of the artwork and text is in by a certain cut-off date, or so I understand. When that date is, or if it will be met, is unknown. I assume Random House are fairly confident of it hitting the date to put a public date up like that.

400 pages for a book of this type is very impressive, if accurate. That's almost as big as the Guardians of Order RPG book, which is huge.

No.

YES.

This has probably been asked before, but I don't really want to trawl through all the information, sorry.

Will there be a list of all the Houses in Westeros and will it have all the sigils and words. I'm guessing no for the latter because that's a lot of stuff to make up and will take up a lot of room.

• 2 weeks later...

TWoIaF has been added to Edelweiss catalog. There are four sample spreads from the book. The length is 288 pages.

With all new history and material from the maester himself, The World of Ice and Fire is a must have for both long-time fans, new readers, and viewers of the HBO series, Game of Thrones. This lavish, fully illustrated, full-color book will be the comprehensive guide to the mega-bestselling world that George R.R. Martin has established in his Ice and Fire books.

This will be the comprehesive guide to all things Game of Thrones and beyond. From the pre-history to the coming of the First Men, through the reign of the Targaryen kings and Robert's Rebellion, this guide - co-written by George R.R. Martin and the immensely knowledgeable founders and keepers of the www.westeros.org site - will tell series readers old and new all they might want to know about the history and culture of Westeros and the lands beyond the Narrow Sea. And there is a 30-page excerpt of all-new history invented by George solely for this volume.

ALL-NEW MATERIAL CONTRIBUTED BY GEORGE R. R. MARTIN: Much of the content of this book is all-new historical material, created by George exclusively for this volume—including a 30-page excerpt written by George.

FULLY ILLUSTRATED: The full-color guide will be filled with gorgeous original artwork and maps commissioned exclusively for this edition.

• 1 month later...

Yes, it won't be out this year... but that's because it's becoming rather cooler. More pages, more new history and details, more art. Like the story of the fall of the Tarbecks and the Reynes, the surprising person from whom the Lannisters are descended, more history of the Vale and the arrival of the Andals, and a good deal more. We're working quick as we can, but there's also more art to commission and that means it'd be safest to aim for next year.

Archived