When is 'The World Of Ice and Fire' coming out?

Funnily enough, an early version of the family tree did, indeed, have her married to a Lannister. :)

But that's no longer the case.

Tha,

While we expect to have at least a couple of family trees, I don't know at this time that a Baratheon family tree is planned. I do believe there's a little bit of Frey info, though.

I don't know if GRRM had planned to release anything as a Xmas gift to the fans this year, but one of these family trees might do real nicely if he did. :)

I'd guess that the Targaryen family tree would be off limits as it seems like they are the focus of the book. However, the Lannister family tree – including The Surprising Lannister Ancestor – would be pretty sweet. Or a Stark family tree for that matter. Gods, I don't even want to think what Free Northman would do to get his hands on that. :lol:

Anyway, I realize none of this is up to you, but you talk to GRRM more than I do!

They should at least have a complete family tree for nine major Houses of Westeros... Stark, Lannister, Tully, Baratheon, ArrynGreyjoy, Targaryen, Martell, Tyrell

And maybe some bannermen who have been involved like... Bolton, Frey, Karstark...

I'd also like to see some kind of Night's Watch log, like how many people joined with each recruit over the generations, when each castle was built and abandoned, and how the NW grew and shrunk over hundreds of years.

Maybe also some kind of strange excuse of a Kraster family tree. Would be a bit complicated, though, given how he marries his daughters.

A Stark and a Targaryen tree are planned. Whether there'll be more than that, we're not sure yet.

Ran, I was wondering, if you guys are still working and planning on the book now, isn't it fair to say that a Spring release date is pretty much out of the question by now? Also considering that you're waiting for more artwork to come in?

It's a decision that the publisher will make based on various factors, like whether releasing it with the show's 4th season or waiting to the pre-holiday period will give the best return on their extensive investment.

My understanding is that Spring is still in consideration, and I certainly believe that it's doable. But that's the limit of my knowledge on the topic. :)

That a bit saddening to hear, but will we hear anything about Harren the Black and his unnamed brother who was the Lord Commander of Night's Watch. I'm just curious in what was Harren's own relationship with Night's Watch was. And did Harren's death affect his brother, and did his brother view the Targeryans a threat to Night's Watch's rule .

I'd like to read about that too. Did the Targaryens even bother "subduing" The Watch? Or did the Wall just come along as part of The North? Also Harren the Red and Harrenhal's violent history.

I'd like to read about that too. Did the Targaryens even bother "subduing" The Watch? Or did the Wall just come along as part of The North? Also Harren the Red and Harrenhal's violent history.

Yeah, I've been wondering If Aegon or any of his descendants even bothered to claim that the Night's Watch was a subordinate of the Iron Throne or not. And If the Ironborn perfered House Greyjoys rule over the Iron Islands than the House Hoare.

Though I think it's unlikely that Ran is going comment on that, Since it would be telling! :box:

Does anyone know any details regarding "The Wit and Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister" that's coming out in late Oct? I've got it pre-ordered on Amazon, but I'm hoping it's more than just a collection of all of Tyrion's quotable quotes with maybe a foreword by GRRM on how he loves writing the character, how Tyrion is his favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

The history of the "Grasslands"includes a whopper of a detail... or a whopper of a red herring... #GRRM #WorldOfIceAndFire #PtwP #ASoIaF

:) Ran teasing via twitter.

I'm guessing that must be something about Dany "fulfilling" the Prince that was Promised prophecy on the Dothraki Sea.

Hopefully it's "a whopper of a detail". It's one thing if this book includes information incorrectly interpreted by maesters; it's another thing altogether if it contains false details.

Will the book feature more insight on the history of Harrenhal? I'm very interested about what happened there over the years, especially the demise of each house, and if there's a connection between the Whents and the Lothstons. How were the Lothstons destroyed (it's indicated that they didn't simply "die out"), and did the crown try to support them before it happened?

I'm guessing that must be something about Dany "fulfilling" the Prince that was Promised prophecy on the Dothraki Sea.

Hopefully it's "a whopper of a detail". It's one thing if this book includes information incorrectly interpreted by maesters; it's another thing altogether if it contains false details.

The only relevant thing i can think of is the Glasslands (also known as the Dothraki Sea) may be drying up, and perhaps has before in the year of her birth or Rhegars? I dunno... Miri Maaz Dur told Dany she would not bear a living child until the seas dry up... Meh. Never gave that line much weight as prophecy. Why would MMD be able to see the future- just a magi, not a prophet.

Archived