When is 'The World Of Ice and Fire' coming out?

Not further back than Torrhen Stark I think... and my recollection of what I saw was that it was actually about a hundred years after that where it started. But it was a draft and not complete

Not further back than Torrhen Stark I think... and my recollection of what I saw was that it was actually about a hundred years after that where it started. But it was a draft and not complete

:bang: I am thwarted again! But I will find a way...

So nothing on when exactly Jon Stark lived - the King who established the Wolf's Den at White Harbor - for example. That's about 4,000 years ago, by my best estimates, given the information in Dance. But it would have been great to see some type of chronological family tree, even if it has gaps, with rough date markers next to each King.

Kind of like the ancient Egyptian Dynastic line, putting Ramses II at say 2000 BC, Akhenathon at say 1200 BC, or whatever. Looks like I"m out of luck in this case?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A question for Ran: Will be learn more about the Temple of the Graces? We don't know how they are recruited, if all of them are highborn, or even which gods they worship.

I would also like to know more about the moonsingers.

• 2 weeks later...

A thousand year War between the North and the Vale? Sends shivers down my spine. Brandon Ice Eyes, King Jon Stark etc.

Huh, doesn't it just say something like they warred over the sister's for a thousand years. Like how the Reach, Stormlands and Dorne warred for a thousand years as in not a constant thousand year war but just long standing bad blood that erupted into warfare. It certainly doesn't not seemed to be implyed by the dialogue that there was a war that lasted a thousand years.

Don't know that we'll get anything about the Temple of Graces as of yet. Depends on what info GRRM gifts us in that regard, but mostly we've been focused on Westeros so far, as that's the area there's the most information on. The section on the east isn't quite done, but it's going to be smaller than the section on Westeros, I can tell you that much.

And I agree with Cory: there was not a thousand year war anywhere, between anybody. There was semi-regular warfare that would repeat itself over generations, but not a constant state of warfare. It'd be like claiming there had been a millenia long war between, I don't know, Scotland and England. There wasn't.

Question for Ran:

So there is going to be a Stark family tree? Will this family tree detail who the mysterious Lady Stark is (as in Ned's mother and Rickard's wife)?

I swore I read somewhere on the forums that this info could possibly pop up in The World of Ice and Fire.

Will we learn anymore about past Lord Commanders of the NW? Particularly about Bloodraven's time as LC?

My understanding is there'll be a Stark family tree. At least, seen a draft of it. :) And yes, it answers who Ned Stark's mother was.

Night's Watch LC... hrm. I don't think we've gone too much into that, but there's room for GRRM to throw out some more details.

My understanding is there'll be a Stark family tree. At least, seen a draft of it. :) And yes, it answers who Ned Stark's mother was.

Night's Watch LC... hrm. I don't think we've gone too much into that, but there's room for GRRM to throw out some more details.

Is Ned's mom from some House that was mentioned in the novels?

Archived