Aussies LVII

Stubby

Finished my last uber-late essay, now for the perpetual alcoholic stupor!

Did my last exam for the semester yesterday. If only I could partake of the pereptual alcoholic stupor.

.... your ilk are possibly the coolest national collective on the board)

Don't tell Canada.

Too late, LL. <_< That's the last time I look fondly at my pleasure panda.

And Stubby, you're on notice. Just sayin'.

Oh, who am I kidding, I'll always have a board crush on you, no matter how much you refuse to acknowledge my existence. :love:

And Stubby, you're on notice. Just sayin'.

Oh, who am I kidding, I'll always have a board crush on you, no matter how much you refuse to acknowledge my existence. :love:

Amazing what you can get for just a cookie. :blush:

So any idea when and which watering hole we are going to tomorrow?

Paxter seems to be MIA.

He's around. I spoke with him the other night...

I've been drinking all afternoon, I'm not understanding much.

And I spoke to pax earlier, he's organising something. I think. Beer hall somewhere.

;

Sounds like a great boys night out!

Stubs glad to hear you and your furry were unscathed/

ok folks got an interesting situation under development . A very old friend of mine ( almost 20 years ) has recently broken her foot in a silly accident. It is what has happened since that is "interesting" she has been abused by a surgeon in training and told she is "71 and a smoker so she won't heal anyway so they are not going to bother operating" now she is only 61 and while she does indeed smoke it is about a pack every week. the abuse occured in front of a local council member who has given my friend her details as a witness in re to her making a complaint. Since this incident my friend has been moved to another hospital and there would appear to be an attempt to get her into a psych ward and discredit her as being " crazy" in some form. Her treatment has been sporadic and at best neutral verging on hostile. I contacted the public advocates office and explained the situation and today her treatment was much better not to mention she is giving me medical power of attorney just to be on the safe side. Now it looks like I will be staying in Moorupna for a few weeks looking after her.

Anyone got any ideas on what else I can do to help her?

Two things, Griff.

1. Get legal advice.

2. Get legal advice.

Get off to your local equivalent of the Citizens Advice Bureau and get a referral, or contact one of the firms in South Australia that deal with this type of stuff all the time.

yeah the only problem is she is in victoria, the power of attorney covers us if they try to commit her since I will take her to an independant shrink and get her evaluated without any preconceptions being involved.

apart from that the councillor and the advocates office had no suggestions. I personally think they are worried about a malpractice suit and want to try to protect themselves. I cannot see any other reason for it.

Sometimes a strongly-worded letter on a lawyer's letterhead is enough to do the trick.

The councillor won't be able to do much. Is the advocate you are talking about an employee of the hospital?

apart from that the councillor and the advocates office had no suggestions. I personally think they are worried about a malpractice suit and want to try to protect themselves. I cannot see any other reason for it.

Worried about a malpractice suit? Are you talking about the hosiptal's own legal counsel? If so I would recommend getting legal advice from someone completely independent of the hospital in question.

Archived