Aussies LVII

Stubby

Yeah, beautiful weather today :) So much for the week of freezing weather they predicted mid-week, it lasted one day!

Sorry I haven't been around and sad to have missed the meet-ups, but I'm up for the dates when Eylesbarrow is in town (although I tentatively have plans for the 14th).

2 degree here 6am, when I walk the dog!!

I told him we could have one each!

One dog?

One remnant of a brass monkey?

One scarf?

One set of thermals?

OK, jokes aside, it was bloody cold this morning. :stunned:

One dog?

One remnant of a brass monkey?

One scarf?

One set of thermals?

OK, jokes aside, it was bloody cold this morning. :stunned:

See the dog's easier to fool than you are!!

I meant one degree each...............

But almost any of the above would've been warmer!

I've not worn so many layers since i was a little pommy kid with her arms out straight

hello everyone

never imagined there'd be so many other aussies in this place

a good evening to you all

Gudday mantooth. The more Aussies the better. :)

Here, have a beer. :cheers:

I've not worn so many layers since i was a little pommy kid with her arms out straight

There's a funny image. :P

Great to catch up with ithanos on Friday night :thumbsup:. Must admit I had trouble recognising him at the station, the man is fading away!!

Watch this space BTW (and the BwB sub-forum) for our July plans, with Rinzy and Eyelesbarrow both visiting Sydney.

I was debating whether to make a topic about this in general chatter or just post it here, but I decided to post it here because the issues are Australian.

I have to conduct this survey of the importance of certain issues to people. Please state you gender age and occupation before answering these questions.

There are 15 issues I'm about to state, I need you to say for each of these issues if you think it's very important, not very important or if you're unsure. Then I want you to rank them from 1-15 in order of importance.

1. Health/Medicare

2. unemployment

3. Taxation

4. Welfare and social

5. Leadership (like the quality of our current leaders)

6. Family issues

7. The environment

8. Interest rates

9. Industrial relations

10. Inflation

11. Equality of opportunity - Women

12. Reconciliation (Aboriginals)

13. Immigration/Asylum seekers

14. Cost of Housing

15. Child care

(to make it shorter you might just want to write out your list of importance and after each issue write if you think it's very important, not very important or if you're unsure.)

I will make it easier Leviathan apart from 11 and 15 all are massively important, 11 is also very important but we have laws to create that. 15 is not at all important other than for single parents that is imo when it becomes a community issue.

I will make it easier Leviathan apart from 11 and 15 all are massively important, 11 is also very important but we have laws to create that. 15 is not at all important other than for single parents that is imo when it becomes a community issue.

I agree, I didn't come up with it. But it would be helpful if you ranked them and stated your gender age and occupation (:

So there's only just over a week til I'm in Sydney. Don't have any plans yet (except a trip to the zoo, don't forget Pax :P), but I was hoping to find someone who might be interested in heading to the tigers v bulldogs game with me, which I think is on Friday the 6th?

I agree, I didn't come up with it. But it would be helpful if you ranked them and stated your gender age and occupation (:

15 for the majority and 10 for the other and 1 for childcare, 49 male and currently unemployed, soon to change the last state.

Right, but one is proposing to do something that stands a chance of working, one wants to try failed policies from its last term in office and the tiebreaking party is too hung up on policy purity to pass the least-worst option.

Archived