Aussies LVII

Stubby

Why is that?

Now that the mighty Dragons are out, I just hope a Sydney team wins the premiership. Either Manly or Canterbury would be just fine.

Their attitude and the way they play I guess. But I think that's how most people feel about the Bulldogs :P Doggies won though, so I'm happy :)

My computer was playing up so I decided to give the damn machine a rest and watch some TV. So I end up watching the AFL final (Hawthorn vs Collingwood), and it seemed weird that the players were fighting each other before the damn match even started (and i don't mean just shoving). Hell, even during the match they were fighting on one end of the pitch and while the ball was at other end. Yet there they were, in the ground, trying to make each other eat some grass....

WTF is this game? Why is that not a foul or something?

I used to follow the Swans several years back, and I don't remember this game being this weird. I was hoping for a big fight to break out, but nothing happened, so I went back to fixing my computer. What a weird game.

Anyways, computer seems to be fixed. Hopefully I won't have to watch TV for another 5 years.

I think the Hawks v Magpies was a decent game of footy. I didn't notice any pushing or shoving that was excessive for a final, you've clearly just watched too much of that silly game with the round ball :P

Huuuh? You want to become an American?

If it means I don't have to vote for disappointing candidates for local council pass me the good book and an assault rifle and lets do this thing.

I thought local council was not compulsory voting, at least it isn't here

Compulsory here. If I can exhaust preferences without filling out every box below the line I might vote for the lone, unlisted Democrat. It's that or slipping it in blank as I'm deeply apathetic about all the serious candidates.

It's compulsory everywhere in NSW, I think.

The only question is, will the giant penis I draw on the ballot paper have a smiley face or a frowney face.

that depends on whose name you draw the speech box around

If it means I don't have to vote for disappointing candidates for local council pass me the good book and an assault rifle and lets do this thing.

No way. You can donkey vote if you want to.

There were only three candidates on the white ballot paper so I ended up voting as follows;

Candidate 1: "DTF?"

Candidate 2: "Possibly a werewolf"

Candidate 3: "Women can run for office????!"

This probably took me more time than quickly researching the candidates on google and voting properly would have.

I'm feeling ripped off.

The warring indies must be in a different ward than I originally thought and there wasn't even a sausage sizzle.

Something is incredibly wrong with the system.

I'm feeling ripped off.

The warring indies must be in a different ward than I originally thought and there wasn't even a sausage sizzle.

Something is incredibly wrong with the system.

That's been the case at my polling booth since the state election last year. Democracy is teetering on the brink.

Archived