Aussies LVII

Stubby

It's a pity to see Horza's Greyjoy shirt has been retired. He's almost not Horza without it!

The economy has been good to Horzatron Industries, with our profits I have been able to buy a second t-shirt.

One of my gay friends said the same thing about TWS! True story.

Class picture.

Totally classy piccie there.

I may be away the weekend of Aug 11-12, but will try and make it if possible.

,The economy has been good to Horzatron Industries, with our profits I have been able to buy a second t-shirt

Happy to hear that.. otherwise I may mistake you for Patrick ;)

Another point is that I will quite possibly be able to make at least one sydney meet since it is only $60 each way by bus.

I just need to actually start work which means back to Adelaide to get what I thought I had brought with me to do my tax and then register my car from my tax refund and come back.

In case you hadn't realised I am truly kicking myself.

Random rant:

As most of you know, I have little time for rugby. The thought of watching a pack of no-necked meatheads passing the ball backwards and running into each other like frenzied British Bulldogs has always struck me as a rather nauseating proposition. However, after watching Q&A on Monday night, I have to (begrudgingly) give the game a bit of credit. David Pocock (Wallabies captain and Zimbabwean-turned-Western-Australian) is quite possibly the most outstanding young sportsperson to emerge in Australia in living memory. In a country starved of professional sportspeople worth the admiration and respect that they are so often lavished with, here is a professional athlete who is articulate, humble, intelligent, sensible and compassionate. It took a Zim to finally get it right!

ETA: Oh BTW, ThatGuy is in Sydney this weekend. I've organised to breakfast with him on Sunday morning if anyone wants to join. Will txt the usual crew but this is just a heads-up.

Well I'll be heading to Yellowstone National Park on Sunday morning, so I'm out, funny that!

I fly to the US tomorrow for 3 weeks camping Utah/Wyoming/Arizona/Nevada/California then, after a catch-up with the Stubbies & meet the Norcal BWB in San Francisco, it's on to Worldcon in Chicago - really looking forward to a 'real' Con with their famous room parties and especially seeing the crew from Aussiecon (Stubby, Laoise, Stormie + SO, Ser Camaris, Neal, Ithanos, Jebus, MG, Malt & King-Emperor Pod, oh and George & Parris). Anyone else, n00bs, fl00bs & knights alike, feel free to make a last-minute trip!

really looking forward to a 'real' Con

Haha, so what exactly are you insinuating about WorldCon 2010 morningsword!?!

Safe travels :thumbsup:.

Also: who the hell looks forward to seeing Neal? :smoking:

And dear God am I glad I don't need to see Ser Cam in a room party. The man is an ANIMAL!

Random rant:

As most of you know, I have little time for rugby. The thought of watching a pack of no-necked meatheads passing the ball backwards and running into each other like frenzied British Bulldogs has always struck me as a rather nauseating proposition. However, after watching Q&A on Monday night, I have to (begrudgingly) give the game a bit of credit. David Pocock (Wallabies captain and Zimbabwean-turned-Western-Australian) is quite possibly the most outstanding young sportsperson to emerge in Australia in living memory. In a country starved of professional sportspeople worth the admiration and respect that they are so often lavished with, here is a professional athlete who is articulate, humble, intelligent, sensible and compassionate. It took a Zim to finally get it right!

ETA: Oh BTW, ThatGuy is in Sydney this weekend. I've organised to breakfast with him on Sunday morning if anyone wants to join. Will txt the usual crew but this is just a heads-up.

No! Don't fall for it Pax!

IT'S A TRAP! :worried:

No! Don't fall for it Pax!

IT'S A TRAP! :worried:

What is? Is the Wallabies captain going to metamorphosise into a grotesque hybrid of Shane Warne and Ben Cousins? Or is ThatGuy planning an ambush? Or both? :leaving:

Random rant:

Yeah I hadn't really seen anything of him either and was very impressed. I also liked that if he didn't have an answer springing to his tongue, he didn't just start talking - he took a moment to get his thoughts together and say what he really wanted to say.

Where's breakfast? Anywhere near the Rocks?

So it's not the greatest picture, but here is a recent photo of me and my recovering hair :P

And Pax, I'm sure you'd have a much greater appreciation for rugby league if you would just pick a team (that isn't the Rabbitohs :leaving: )

Sea Eagles? :devil:

Where's breakfast? Anywhere near the Rocks?

Yeah probably, will drop you a txt.

@Neal: Back in Sydney again? Jeez I'm running out of conversation topics with you!

Archived