Ramsey and Theon

Ramsey Bolton might be the most evil character in fiction he does horrible things to men,women and even children just because it amuses him. But out all the people that have fallen into Ramsey's hands he has chosen to keep Theon around as his pet Reek and has been flaying him pieces at a time and destroying him mentally with his games . In the sample chapter GRRM posted Theon was a captive of Stannis and actually wanted to die just to escape Ramsey. With Stannis and Ramsey so close to a battle is it likely that Stannis will die and Ramsey will reclaim his Reek or will Theon actually have the chance to watch Ramsey die or even kill him himself. I liked to hear what everybody else has to say on this topic.

Ramsey Bolton might be the most evil character in fiction he does horrible things to men,women and even children just because it amuses him. But out all the people that have fallen into Ramsey's hands he has chosen to keep Theon around as his pet Reek and has been flaying him pieces at a time and destroying him mentally with his games . In the sample chapter GRRM posted Theon was a captive of Stannis and actually wanted to die just to escape Ramsey. With Stannis and Ramsey so close to a battle is it likely that Stannis will die and Ramsey will reclaim his Reek or will Theon actually have the chance to watch Ramsey die or even kill him himself. I liked to hear what everybody else has to say on this topic.

I'm rooting for Stannis to end up on the Iron Throne - partly because Stannis is the only contender who seems to realize that he has a duty to defend and preserve Westeros and also because ADwD wore away any interest or sympathy I had for the Dany character and failed to inspire any for Aegon Blackfyre/Targaryen. Also, I'd like to see Stannis' brand of justice visited on the nobility of Westeros - they certainly deserve it.

For this reason, I hope the letter to Jon is false and Stannis sends Ramsay off to feed the Red God. Theon, now the rightful king of the Iron Islands, will presumably be saved for a more important bonfire which requires kingsblood.

I'm torn between who I want to kill Ramsay: Theon or Jeyne. Maybe they'll both get a stab.

Although a fight between Jon and Ramsay — a battle of the bastards — would also be pretty epic.

I think I would prefer Jeyne to do the deed, not sure Theon could pull it off. Another worthy candidate would be Stannis. Give Ramsay as an offering to the old gods, strike off his head before a heart tree with Jeyne/Theon watching. It would satisfy the need for revenge and would show everyone what kind of man Stannis is.

Edit: Or burn him but thats not as satisfying, nor as symbolic. And I cant approve of it as a method of executing people.

I dont think Theon is capable of wielding a weapon due to his physical condition!

Yeah, I'd like Stannis to end up on the throne too and think he'll be the one to deal with Ramsey Bolton.

Personally, I think Asha (Yara) should be lady of the iron islands, the islanders would barely accept Theon before but now that he is missing half his fingers, toes, probably his private parts and is a mental wreck - he is a no no for me.

I like the charcater of Euron but dont think he's a fit choice to rule those islands (nor would King Stannis have him)

I dont think Theon is capable of wielding a weapon due to his physical condition!

Yeah, I'd like Stannis to end up on the throne too and think he'll be the one to deal with Ramsey Bolton.

Personally, I think Asha (Yara) should be lady of the iron islands, the islanders would barely accept Theon before but now that he is missing half his fingers, toes, probably his private parts and is a mental wreck - he is a no no for me.

I like the charcater of Euron but dont think he's a fit choice to rule those islands (nor would King Stannis have him)

When I said that Theon wouldnt be able to deal with Ramsay, imo, I was mostly referring to the fact that I think he would be to terrifed to actually be able to finish him off. I imagined that Jeyne hovewer could overcome her fears and slit his throat. Theon has the legitimacy needed while Asha has the personality/experience to rule the Ironborn. They would make for a good tandem. I prefer Victarion over Euron but Asha/Theon would most likely be superior to both, atleast the siblings can put the Iron Islands in perspective and be realistic of their future plans. Both have shown a level of insight into the character of the Ironborne and exposed their weakness, with both Asha and Theon critiscing Balons uprising etc. I doubt either Euron or Vic would be so wise.

IMO Ramsay will be killed in the next novel by Jon. Theon will have something to do with it. I think GRRM's going to be converging a lot of the plot lines in the upcoming novels, especially considering the amount of POVs in the North, now.

I've asked a while back in the small questions thread whether Theon is still able to shoot bow and arrow - I assume that would be his best shot for killing Ramsay.

If Ramsay really flayed the spearwives the wildlings should be the ones to kill him - I'd assume Thormund or Borroq would have an idea or two.

I doubt Theon will ever return to the Iron Islands. After all he went through, he will have no use for all that talk about Iron Prices and glorified torture.

His psychological condition has been steadily improving all during ADWD, to the point that he thinks of himself as Theon again (largely due to Roose's perhaps unintentional prodding), so I can see him killing Ramsay or even hunting him for a while if both survive the initial clash.

I'm hoping for a Ramsay-Stannis one-on-one, myself. There is a nice simetry between the two glory hounds and it would redeem Stannis somewhat, as well as being a fine opportunity for offing the pretentious fool. Ramsay might or might not survive - it is a coin toss. Roose Bolton, however, is definitely going to survive to bring (and suffer) further mayhem in the North.

From a dramatical standpoint, Stannis' death in TWOW is also very welcome. It will mean the release of his Knights in the North with no clear leader. ADWD skirted around the edges of the matter of how deeply the Northron people actually support Stannis, it will be nice to see it explored in Winds.

Odds are that there will be lots of confusion and the need for a King in the North will be evidenced. Bolton will naturally present himself as a natural, and get considerable support from the Southron Lords. Jon, the Mormonts and others will trounce them, with a big help from the snows. Roose Bolton and his newfound allies will demand further help from King's Landing. If he lacks enough of a response, he will style himself King of the North. For a while. A short while, since he is running out of option and his doom is at this point certain.

I don't think Theon will be killing anyone ever again. Unless him getting caught was some sort of Trojan Horse devised by Roose/Ramsay, but that doesnt make sense given the happenings in the bonus chapter.

In more traditional fantasy I'd say Theon and Ramsay clash and both kill eachother, maybe Asha gives her bro the upper hand and joins in.

It's more likely Ramsay will die in the battle with his corpse being found or inside Winterfell by an "ally", possibly his father. My biggest hope is that Lord Too Fat eats him alive.

I really hope Stannis doesnt die, at all. I need an ally against all the Targs popping out of nowhere:-)

off-topic: Has there been a discussion about the drums that were heard outside of Winterfell in Dance being the exact same drum sound heard at the Red Wedding? and there meaning? Just wondering if someone can point me in the direction of a good thread about that.

I can't imagine Theon will kill Ramsey he still fears him deeply despite becoming more like the old Theon throughout ADWD. I believe that Stannis will see to Ramsey (maybe even giving him an eye for an eye treatment :devil: ) after the battle for Winterfell where the Northern Lords will defect.

Imagine Theon the old man at Castle Black telling stories to the young newly sworn, your all lucky, taking the black early is "a blessing, a blessing." They'd asking him why people call him Prince Reek. Ah, but with Ramsey long dead, he don't need to sneak his answers and we know that tale.

Theon will most likely not survive this series. Might be all the the above discussed on this thiread will not survive either. Theon though, ought to be the one to kill Ramsay, only Theon should thank him first, for helping him find his true self, not the Iron born shit head who betrayed the Starks, but the good guy the Starks raised him to be

I think Theon will become one of Jon's allies, overcoming their mutual hate in behalf of the love they had for Robb. Then Jon, or one of Jon's group will kill Ramsay, but only in ADoS or by the end of TWoW. I don't think the bastard will fall in the Battle of Ice.

• 8 months later...

Okay, I know that this probably won't ever happen, but IMO it would be awesomely poetic/vengeful/cool if there was some scenario that led to Ramsay vulnerable and Theon with the upper hand. Ramsay would try to control him and call him Reek in order to spark the whole "You have to know your name" thing, but Theon wouldn't be cowed and he'd say that he was Theon Greyjoy, Prince of the Iron Islands, not Reek. Then he'd tell Ramsay that it was him who had to know his name: Ramsay Snow. Bastard. Snow, snow, rhymes with no. Something like that. And then he'd , y'know, stab him because of the whole "flaying my fingers off" thing. Not that I think this will happen, but it would be a fitting GRRM-like device.

Archived