Most hated characters?

FacelessDude

Definitely Walder Frey! He's repulsive!

And Theon....I don't know I liked him in GOT, Starks are not my favourites so it's not because he took Winterfell, I just can't stand him ...

And sometimes I can't stand Sansa....she's boring,tedious and she thinks that life is just like her stories....well it is not!

Another vote for Walder Frey, he's totally vile.

And Littlefinger, I wouldn't say I hate him, not yet, but I can't see anything good happening to Sansa while she's being influenced by him.

One I don't think anyone else has said... I was never much for Ygritte. Her "You know nothing , Jon Snow" really grated on me, and

when she died I couldn't help thinking well, at least she won't be saying that again, unless she comes back as a whitewalker, and then she'd probably follow him around still telling him that he knows nothing.

And unfortunately, that line survived her. Fuck even Melisandre started saying it =(

Haha what do you hate so much about Mace Tyrell? I dislike how he has an awesome name but he kind of sucks.

Quoting something someone else said: 'his own mother thinks he's an idiot, and she's supposed to know him best.' ^^ He's the head of his House but is neither the main political player nor a proven general, all he's good for is pretending he's important / good and being a pompous ass at court who always thinks he knows everything better while no one really seems to take him seriously. As you said he kind of sucks, and he's the only one who doesn't seem to realize this, on the contrary, he thinks he's great. He takes credit from the deeds of his bannermen (like Randyl Tarly for defeating Robert) and this fools some of the smallfolk into thinking he's competent. It also takes a certain kind of man to dine within sight of the walls of Storm's End while people are starving inside. That's just cruel. What I hate about him most is that he never shows any sort of doubt that he is right or any hesitation to kill people who go against his family, or the faintest hint of regret for that matter. He's impulsive and methodical as long as he has an army to back him up, but as soon as the odds turn against him he sits down and cries. He chose to fight for the Mad King. All in all I don't like the Tyrells for being opportunistic bastards who always had it easy and should actually carry over (part of) their lands to the Florents. As Dontos said 'they're nothing more than Lannisters with flowers' - and less badass for that matter. There's also nothing cool about them. Garlan and Margaery are still acceptable but they're such bland characters that it's not really redeeming. They cover up all their vileness with 'LOOK, WE HAVE FLOWERS, WE'RE NICE.'

I know there's a lot of characters that are assholes, but at least most of those are still kinda interesting and have at least *some* hint of awesomeness in them, like Randyl Tarly. Reading about Mance (who I despise) isn't even interesting, he's the only character that really makes my blood boil, lol. My nickname for the Fat Flower is the Lord of Sitting Down.

The funny thing is his idiocy is probably what's keeping him safe right now from Varys' little birds.

Haven't finished SoS, but right now Walder Frey tops the list....although I know it wasnt just him, Tywin's equally to blame...I just hate the old scumbucket did what he did. Cannot even begin to describe my state of mind after that chapter!

Next would be Slynt for obvious reasons,followed by Sansa cos she is boring me to death and makes me feel she sometimes deserves a lot of things coming her way. Mean, i know but Arya has the more sense that Sansa will ever have even though shes younger.

And of course, the lovely Cercei.

You created an account just to hate Catelyn Stark? Wow.

Yes indeed!

In fact when she commited her HIgh Treason and was put under house arrest for a few days before being invited back into the inner circle, instead of being thrown into the dungeons and then being beheaded, (as any other character would have had happen) I threw the book away and didn't go back to it for nearly a year!

Now, having finished all of the books, It STILL rankles - her interference and the preferential treatment she was given.

I looked up this particular thread to see if anyone else felt the same way.

I suppose in your world people don't create accounts because they have something to say!

stannisanddeany-

Haha yes, Mace is clearly all of those things. He just plain sucks at about everything other than, like you said, making himself sound awesome and taking credit from others. I don't hate him for that, I just find it very funny =P

Bumble-

Yeah I don't like Cat either. Outside from the fact that she does nothing but make terrible decisions, she's boring, and became extremely depressing. Her only redeeming quality was that some of her POV's involved cool situations like Bronn vs Vardis from AGOT, Robb's battles in ACOK, and the RW in ASOS. Although, these chapters could have been replaced by Tyrion and Robb. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, read the third book further, and I changed my mind on most hated (still some 300 pages to go though)

1. Walder Frey

2. Theon Greyjoy

3. Littlefinger

On a positive note, I am starting to like Jaime... He had reasons for what he did, and he saved a person from death by risking his own life (though that might have been due to selfish reasons on account of that dream and all)

• 2 weeks later...

Catelyn did screw some stuff up big time, but I can't bring myself to hate her.

Shae worked my last nerve. What a golddigger.

Yes, Walder Frey is horrid, Horrid, horrid.

But the biggest hate (and I know the Stannis lovers are going to crucify me) for me is Stannis. The man is such a snooze fest. He turns kin-slaying, sex with red priestesses, and finger chopping into the world's most boring activities. And the man can nag and whine like a mother-in-law. He drives me batty.

As yucky as W. Frey is, you can't say he's boring. And he throws a heck of a wedding party and does not skimp on the booze. :D

So I'm almost finished with Storm of Swords and I've developed some hate for a few characters. Which characters do you hate the most and why? List atleast 2.

Well at last not read through it at all, I still have loads to read but there are some I hate from not from the beginning but close from...

I know it's bad that out of all the bad characters i hate Catelyn the most, but I just do.

Most hated?

In no particular order -

Catelyn Stark, Catelyn Stark and Catelyn Stark!

Thought it was only me, I wish I could skip reading her, but that would bring me in trouble to follow the story line so I read her but I don't like it, she is so boring, so selfish at some points and well at most times I have no words for her acting like she acts, sure sad she lost all (or at last thinks she did) but so did Robb well it is war, what does she think, the enemies came with cotton balls as weapons to throw? well no no...

other hated Character is Joffrey all alone for Lady's death and how he thinks he could act to others, see Cersei what a brat he has become and you wanted Robert dead...

Jorah, I think he's playing a wrong game (don't know since I'm not through this books but I have a bad feeling)

Melisandre, can she cause my nerves? well yes the part with Davos was bad and I hated her from the first time I'd read about her...

think there are many more but many I do like :dunno:

but Cat oh Cat :ack:

Aha, GRRM makes hating some characters fun! With each plot twist, my love and hatred of character change over time. Does this happen to anyone else?

For example, in AGoT, I hated Jaime, Cersei, Petyr, and Viserys (The obvious "antagonists") Catelyn, Sansa and Lysa mainly because they were annoying, ignorant and boring at times. However, in book 2, Theon is added to that list, and Catelyn drops from that list. In book 3, Jaime, and Petyr drop from that list. Petyr drops because I have a sick sense of humor and love how he helps a certain Auntie through a certain door.

Jaime becomes a sympathetic character, almost loveable. And let's face it, Cersei will always be fun to hate. Looking forward to her PoV chapters in AFfC.

Also, let us not forget Walder Frey and Craster. Two peas in a pod, those two.

Archived