Robert Strong

Its not really supernatural for a dead body to stink. Especially since tywin's bowels moved so vapidly(is this a word?lol) in death. I don't think it was meant to be magical. It was just comic relief that the man who would never fart in front of someone stunk so badly when he died. Its like you could smell who he really was. a tyranical and heartless man. I think gregor's body was already in perfect shape to be raised. He died from poison not beheading. I get the idea that qyburn would build the perfect warrior. But isn't it easier to just raise an already tip top warrior and controll it. I don't see the point of switching body parts. Maybe a new head if he did infact send the skull to dorne. But it seems that because they sent a huge skull it was just a huge skull.

Has it been discussed that qyburn may be setting robert strong up to fail? I don't think its as likely. It may play off as an interesting twist if qyburn built the ultimate champion, but really he was just blowing smoke up cersei's ass and he is designed to fail the fight. I'm sure he would be formidable enough to win a match but if qyburn controls him he could easily fail. We don't trust qyburn he is just a creepier spider with sharper fangs. Varys was a better spider and knew more secrets but qyburn is more dangerous with his experiments.

• 3 weeks later...

The body is Gregor's without the head, and Qyburn has used some form of necromancy to control the corpse. He could be using something obtained from the other subjects to possibly maintain Robert Strong.

From Bran's dream in AGoT:

The giant on the dream is Littlefinger!! The sigil of House Balish is the giant of stone from Bravos. It is most certainly Baelish

Crackpot theory admittedly, but could Robert Strong be an Other? Could Qyburn have unlocked the secret of the Others (=re-animating a corpse) in the course of his gruesome experiments?

I have the crackpot that he and Euron are the reason for the invasion

Lady Nym is also on her way or in KL with Tyene. As they talked about in ADWD-The Watcher chapter, Gregor was 8 feet tall and it wouldn't be hard to know if he really is dead. They want revenge and it could be them to take Robert strong down...they of the sun and beautiful.

I think Nymeria will go with myrcella to the GC just to hurt cersei

The giant on the dream is Littlefinger!! The sigil of House Balish is the giant of stone from Bravos. It is most certainly Baelish

I don't see a reason why it can't be both

Hey everyone, first post here - before my thoughts, I'd like to congratulate you all for many nice posts.

GRRM has a tendency to be realistic - I mean, for a fiction/fantasy book. What are Sandor chances against his sweet bro in a fight? Sandor hated and feared Gregor, and if he thought he had a chance to kick his ass, he would have done it long time ago, by the time their father died.

Well, this situation was considering Gregor, not Qyburnstein. The battle would be really great, epic, head shattering, but Strong would snap Sandor's neck easily. There is a long time since GRRM killed a key, loved character. Ned, then Robb, then Cat, and in lesser degrees, Oberyn, Mormont, Renly, etc. Davos' was a fake death, and Cat is unCat now. So fuck, my guess is: if GS and SC are to cross swords, Sandor will be the next guy mourned by us.

Hey everyone, first post here - before my thoughts, I'd like to congratulate you all for many nice posts.

GRRM has a tendency to be realistic - I mean, for a fiction/fantasy book. What are Sandor chances against his sweet bro in a fight? Sandor hated and feared Gregor, and if he thought he had a chance to kick his ass, he would have done it long time ago, by the time their father died.

Well, this situation was considering Gregor, not Qyburnstein. The battle would be really great, epic, head shattering, but Strong would snap Sandor's neck easily. There is a long time since GRRM killed a key, loved character. Ned, then Robb, then Cat, and in lesser degrees, Oberyn, Mormont, Renly, etc. Davos' was a fake death, and Cat is unCat now. So fuck, my guess is: if GS and SC are to cross swords, Sandor will be the next guy mourned by us.

Welcome to the forum!

Maybe, but I'm not sure that Sandor dying in KL would serve much of a narrative purpose or advance the plot. If he died somewhere more important/influential to another character then it would be another story.

too bad there won't be an actual trial. The faith would be morons to actually put anyone against robert strong. And it just happens that Kevin Lannister is dead which will save cersei from being tried. THe faith know they don't want to lose a guy fighting unGregor but using the "there is a reason why cersei is being insane with all of her relatives" and "whats best for Tommen" will get them from actually trying cersei.

Here is something more interesting though, how Cersei is going to fuck the faith up with Robert Strong.

I think that Cersei is going to pit RS against Sandor when he gets captured after leaving QI. and I think Sansa is going to save him, somehow. and I hope she is one great warrior wolf when she does it. because Sandor can't do it - he couldn't before QI and he certainly can't kill his brother after his zen transformation (if indeed that is what is happening there). Sansa owes it to him, both as a nod to his saving or trying to save her many times, and to rid Sandor of the last demon that he can't seem to kill.

Welcome to the forum!

Maybe, but I'm not sure that Sandor dying in KL would serve much of a narrative purpose or advance the plot. If he died somewhere more important/influential to another character then it would be another story.

I wouldn't worry about it. This series is about growth, transformation and karma. I think Sansa is going to save Sandor. It's my opinion that Sansa is much more than what we have seen. We've seen a caged bird. We're about to see a freed wolf. and i can't wait.

Bran's dream saw a giant with stone armor, but when he lifted the visor all that was within was darkness and thick black blood. I'm thinking the darkness refers to the fact that the helm is empty, and the thick black blood is from the neck. Regardless, I believe that the 'hound' in the vision is Sandor Clegane. I don't know if he has any future role to play, but he has already impacted both girls' lives, if his arc is over.

I'm hoping that Sansa brings down RS. That would be Karma - sandor can't or won't do it. Sansa's gonna put an end to it.And isn't someone in the book teaching her how to use weapons now? i seem to remember a few sentences about that.

I really hope this does not happen. I am happy with the conclusion of Sandor's story and it would seem pandering to bring him back just for this. Sandor's Hound persona died and he's begun a path of redemption and healing. It would ruin him to revert back to the old Hound. Plus, he is clearly crippled now and I don't think his leg is going to magically heal in time for a fight with his dead brother.

I disagree. I think Sandor is going to fight RS. and Sansa is going to kill Gregor once and for all.

I'm hoping that Sansa brings down RS. That would be Karma - sandor can't or won't do it. Sansa's gonna put an end to it.And isn't someone in the book teaching her how to use weapons now? i seem to remember a few sentences about that.

There is also the prophesy Arya receives about Sansa defeating a giant at a castle of snow. The Eyrie? Winterfell?

I'm on board with Cersei sends UnGregor to Eyrie (probably) to kill Sansa. Sansa kills him with fire. Sandor and Jamie may or may not be there too, to fit in with Bran's dream.

can Margaery name Robert Strong as her champion as well?

yes she can. the only condition is that her champion be of the Kingsguard.

But why would she? she does not know who he is, is not privy to the information we have. noone told her that he is unbeated.

the only thing she knows that something is wrong with RS. i dont think she would want to associate with him.

can Margaery name Robert Strong as her champion as well?

yes she can. the only condition is that her champion be of the Kingsguard.

But why would she? she does not know who he is, is not privy to the information we have. noone told her that he is unbeated.

the only thing she knows that something is wrong with RS. i dont think she would want to associate with him.

A plausible line of thought has her selecting Loras (who is quite possibly uninjured.)

This is my first post - argh!

Anyway, my only contribution to this thread is I'm convinced Qyburn has been thinking about this for a long time - since he was with the Bloody Mummers.

When he was 'saving' Jaime's hand, he originally wanted to take the whole arm, didn't he? So, I think Qyburn has been trying to make a Frankenstein-esque monster for a long time, and that was part of the reason he is now an ex-maester. The best of the best to make up the unbeatable soldier.

Anyway, my only contribution to this thread is I'm convinced Qyburn has been thinking about this for a long time - since he was with the Bloody Mummers.

When he was 'saving' Jaime's hand, he originally wanted to take the whole arm, didn't he? So, I think Qyburn has been trying to make a Frankenstein-esque monster for a long time, and that was part of the reason he is now an ex-maester. The best of the best to make up the unbeatable soldier.

Welcome to the forum.

That's more or less what many people think on here, and there is a good amount of evidence in the text to suggest that this is the case.

Jamies hand on Robert will be the hand of the Vaenquor.

Strong has to be the reanimated corpse of Gregor Clegane, no other human being (except maybe Tormund) in the world is that size. As for the head, I don't think he has one, the dream Bran has makes it seem pretty clear (unless it was just a metaphor).

P.S. :

... so vapidly(is this a word?lol) in death...

Yes, Vapid means boring, dull or meaningless. :)

Archived