Robert Strong

just finished my re-read of a feast for crows,

without a doubt, gregorstein has someone else's head on his shoulders

cersei lannister tells qyburn to remove gregor's head, he does it with beetles that eat the flesh away from the skull, they send the head to dorne,

i use to think it was a dwarf's skull they sent, when men were trying to pass it off as tyrion's to claim a westerosi lordship, but during the re-read i saw that in a certain cersei chapter that she talks to qyburn first about the beetles eating the skull, and then immediately after that is presented the dwarf's head, i had originally thought in my first read through that these events take place in separate chapters, this is not the case, and it is the best indication that gregor lost his head to qyburn's beetles,

now for a bit of speculation:

did we ever learn what happened to oberyn martell's body after he was killed? did his bones get sent back to dorne? i'd like to think that the best possible explanation is that oberyn's head is now on gregor's body, seeing as how they both lost in the trial by battle, and oberyn's corpse would be the freshest one in the red keep, i've heard it said on the forums that it could possibly be king robert's head or something, but i don't believe that,

however, even though i think oberyn is the best possible candidate for gregorstein's head, i'm left with this puzzling thought: didn't gregor smash oberyn's skull during the trial by battle? isn't that how he died? if so, would his broken skull make an appropriate replacement for gregor's head?

i am convinced gregor lost his head, but who's head has replaced it? let the theories continue!

Come on, Gregor SMASHED Oberyn's head into a bloody pulp with his plated fists, However Cersei has "donated" a few women to Qyburn along with criminals so Robert Strong having a not that manly face is a possibility if it has a face at all.

I do not agree with the concept that Sandor to rush forward and defeat his now undead brother, even IF he is alive,

Keep in mind RS is wearing thick armor that requires strength that surpasses even what Gregor had, and the only option left which is stabbing at vital areas through the openings of the armor won't do much. However it could betray the real nature of Cersei's champion when the people notice that it is not bleeding.

I fail to see how Sandor could possibly win, unless he employs wildfire and let the flames turn that plating into a white-hot forge, reducing the abomination into ashes but then again he is deadly scared of flames.

Maybe someone has already said this (I didn't read through all the posts) but Qyburn was once at the citadel, and was a maester (or was supposed to be?) I don't remember...anyway, he was kicked out for doing not so nice things with living people, dead bodies etc...right? and some of us theorize that the citadel is in on the magic that is happening in the world and that the citadel either knows how it happens, or once to stop it, or wants to kill the dragons blah blah blah...something along those lines....

My theory: Qyburn has made his own "other" or "white walker" thats why he can control it, and he knew how to do it from going in the restricted section of the library at the citadel (lol) now, I know that the others and white walkers are associated with the cold....but maybe he has come up with some way to circumvent that...? I dunno , I just don't think there's a "real" person under there, and I don't think it's an UnCat like Zombie either.

I generally think of Ser Robert as an automaton of sorts, it can function fully on its own when given a set of commands but has no actual mind of his own beyond that and cannot act independantly. More or less he is a giant robot with meat inside. You tell it to hunt someone down and it will hunt them, tell it to go to the temple and slaughter the high septon and all his sparrows and it will kill them all, but if Cersie were to fall down and hit her head so that her unconscious body ended up laying face down in the burning fireplace, Robert would just stand there while she burned if he wasn't given the command to save her.

I generally think of Ser Robert as an automaton of sorts, it can function fully on its own when given a set of commands but has no actual mind of his own beyond that and cannot act independantly. More or less he is a giant robot with meat inside. You tell it to hunt someone down and it will hunt them, tell it to go to the temple and slaughter the high septon and all his sparrows and it will kill them all, but if Cersie were to fall down and hit her head so that her unconscious body ended up laying face down in the burning fireplace, Robert would just stand there while she burned if he wasn't given the command to save her.

Hmmm....sounds a lot like how he was before though, just a big dumb lump "gregor, go to the maeger's holdfast and kill the tar kids"..."well i didn't tell him to do it that way and i forgot about elia" ...yup gregor doesn't think to much as gregor or as gregorstein, just a big mean cruel lump with too much muscle and not enough brain

This is my first post - argh!

Anyway, my only contribution to this thread is I'm convinced Qyburn has been thinking about this for a long time - since he was with the Bloody Mummers.

When he was 'saving' Jaime's hand, he originally wanted to take the whole arm, didn't he? So, I think Qyburn has been trying to make a Frankenstein-esque monster for a long time, and that was part of the reason he is now an ex-maester. The best of the best to make up the unbeatable soldier.

Which is why Robert snow is actually the Valanquor....with Jamies hand wrapped around Cersi's neck

martin makes it pretty clear in AFFC that the Gregor corpse definitely looses his head. I think the only real question left is who's head is sown onto Gregor's body to make up for it.

There has to be a head sown on those shoulders if Ser Robert Strong is wearing a helm that covers his whole head, it's only now a matter of Cersei's trial by battles, which is the point in time i think it will finally be revealed just who this monster is made of

i've said it before, the more and more i think about it the less likely i think it's Oberyn Martell's seeing how the Mountain crushed his skull, but you never know. When we finally get to that trial by battle chapter, maybe its revealed under that helm the Red Viper's head all sown back together crazy Qyburn style, i mean, if he can necromance Gregor's body even though he was dying of concentrated manticore venom, it isnt that much more of a stretch for him to necromance a crushed Oberyn's skull, but you never know with Martin.....

martin makes it pretty clear in AFFC that the Gregor corpse definitely looses his head.

I don't remember this, do you have a quote?

There has to be a head sown on those shoulders if Ser Robert Strong is wearing a helm that covers his whole head,

Or they're just concealing his headless features.

there is no direct quote that says that /gregor lost his head, i think its more of an inference that is implied in the story,

at one point cersei lannister tells qyburn that when gregor dies qyburn should bring her his head. In a subsequent chapter cersei asked qyburn if he accomplished "that little task" that she asked him to do, and he remarks that the beetles took a longer time than he expected to eat away the flesh from the skull because it was so large, i think it's safe to say that this is the mountain's head, am i right or wrong? someone either back me up or disprove me with some quotes or something, i'm invested in uncovering the truth about the fate of the head of the Mountain that Rides....

Yes the Mountain's head was cleaned by the beetles and sent back.

I think the idea of him having Jamie's swordhand sewn on is ridiculous. Where did that come from? It wouldn't be as big as Gregor's other hand. It'd look like he had a baby hand on one arm.

Also if Bob Strong does have a head the 'thick black blood' could be the tar they use to preserve certain severed heads.

• 1 month later...

I'm certain that when "Robert Strong" is unmasked, he will massacre the Kingsguard, and probably destroy most of Cersei's enemies (Most of the Tyrell bannerman). I can already picture Meryn Trant's expression when he realizes that Strong is invincible, and promptly dies.

I actually think I'm going to miss Boros Blount :(

This will open the way for Cersei to regain control of the Iron Throne, which will ultimately lead to the collapse of the Baratheon regime.

Jaime was made to wears his hand on his neck till the thing was rotten, so no, Strong doesn't have his hand.

And I'm quite sure Cersei was born first.

Cersei was born first. The fact that she was born just a moment sooner than Jaime would've marked her as her father's heir, had she been a man. This is the source of all Cersei's penis envy. Also, I believe she claimed to have been born clutching Jaime's foot.

Archived