Robert Strong

I think Robert Strong will go berserk once the influence of the Others grow and wrest the control from Qyburn. Perhaps it will open the eyes of the players in the game of thrones that they have lost already since death itself is out to get them :devil:

I believe myself that Qyburn's prior experiments into human longevity failed because he couldn't find any strong enough candidates to endure his living dissections until Gregor, and didn't involve any other's body parts in the construction of Robert Strong, who is simply Gregor zombified, without a shred of what he was beforehand personality-wise. To all intents and purposes Gregor is simply dead. Qyburn has just used what was left of his body. He will of course be missing his digestive tract, which mortified completely during his poisoning. It is also apparent that Qyburn has made sure of his silence by either (or most probably both) removing his vocal cords or tongue.

Not if it was a fake head, or rather a replacement, sent off to appease the Martells while Qyburn was still mutilating and working on Gregor. Remember that Tywin wished to keep Gregor alive and in operation as long as possible, before deciding whether to eventually behead him or most likely let him die in battle as his favourite bogeyman. Then he could have lied to the Martells that justice was his intention all along. By sending the head of The Mountain in its putefried condition, almost black with Oberyn's poison, it would confirm to the Martells that probably some effort had been made to revive him, and it was the poisoning (the work of one of their own) that killed him off. This would have been diplomatically disastrous after the gruesome death of their dashing hero, especially since Oberyn in Sunspear was a very charismatic man.

So the head would have had to be stripped first, and in fact could have been anybody's, so the Martells could merely be suspicious of the skull's identity or the actual cause of death. Problem is, that Clegane's putrefaction by poison was so egregious that even the leeches used on him died, so the beetles supposedly used to clean the skull would have died off also. Plus, who's to say that a similar skull was not exhumed from somewhere or other in a catacomb of King's Landing, most probably an ancient giant's skull? There are skeletons of dragons still existing at King's Landing after all.

Many on this thread are arguing whether the golden armored individual in Bran's dream is Oberyn or Jaime, but almost everyone agrees that the hound faced person is Sandor, except me.

Think about every time Sandor has been mentioned as having a hound's head. It was mostly in reference to his helm right? But he doesn't have it anymore. Last we saw it was being worn by Rorge (or Biter, not sure) in Brienne's PoV. I think Brienne is the hound warrior and Jaime is the golden one. The two of them have just met up again and presumably Brienne is leading Jaime to his trial by Lady Stoneheart. Many on these boards have speculated that Jaime's arc is not over and that he has some unfinished business (killing Cersei, finding Sansa etc). I think that the two of them, having already been in cooperation before, will join forces again to stop Gregor/Robert Strong.

I don't have much in the way of evidence but considering that Brienne and Jaime's arcs have involved saving/finding the Stark girls, I think that corresponds to Bran's dream.

They presumably killed the outlaws at the inn when Brienne had her face ripped off and I assume someone grabbed the Hound's helm. Brienne also has a "terrible face" now that half of it is missing.

My money is on the prophecy/dream not being fulfilled yet and we will see the three warriors in some scrap over one or more of the Stark girls.

I am guessing someone answered this deeper in the thread but I believe Lem has the hound.s helm.

Let.s not all dismiss Bran/Hodor vs Qygon Greg out of hand.

1. We have plenty of downtime to discuss every single possibility

2. We have plenty of books left to get them together

3. It' d be a GRRM worthy reader paradox.. the abomination you like vs the abomination you don.t

4. Necromania Remote Control vs The Warging Greenseer

5. Almost no chance the fight gets prolonged by trash talk

In the end, Summer kills Qyburt off page to win the fight in double overtime?

The skull that went to Dorne was the dwarfs, same box. Why would they use a dummy skull if Robert Strong didn't need the head?

The dwarf's?? Wow never thought of that. Great idea! Yes it is mentioned Tyrion's head being laerger than other people's, so the same would be tru for the other dwarfs Cersei killed.

Who would thought Cersei's stupid ideas would eventually benefit her. She should be kissing Qyburn's feet.

I was initially "meh" on the whole Robert Strong thing but this topic is so interesting and has some great theories.

All I can say is, I hope it somehow comes down to Jaime, Brienne, UnCat, Littlefinger, Sandor Clegane, Thoros of Myr (and the rest of the BwB), Sansa, Arya and of course Robert Strong all at the Eyrie.

So Sansa is married and re-announced to Westeros. This somehow brings Cat and the brotherhood, Jaime/Brienne and RS to the Eyrie because Cersei wants her killed. Sandor learns of a man of the Mountain's size making his way to kill Sansa Stark so he comes too.

Sansa, Arya and Cat can have a beautiful (but short) family reunion, while outside RS takes on and kills a number of characters including Thoros of Myr.

Brienne is injured during the fight, just as Sandor arrives and takes his helmet back from Brienne.

The final battle at the Eyrie comes down to Jaime and Sandor (who has to conquer his ultimate fear and wield Thoros of Myr's flaming sword) vs Robert Strong who like the wights north of the wall can only be defeated by fire. A nice ironic death/ending for the Brother v Brother showdown.

An oversized dwarf's head would still be too small to be the Mountain's head. It said the skull delivered to Dorn was enormous. A dwarf with a head the size of Gregor's probably couldn't walk. The skull sent to Dorn is most certainly his.

I too thought it could be Rob's head attached to Bob Strong. All tarred up. I'm betting on either that, King Robert's or nothing under there.

firstly i think gregor has someone else's head or no head at all.

secondly i think that sarella/alleras will play a part of robert strong's undoing! she has the freedom, the knowledge (she is at the citadel) and possibly the will, oberyn was her father after all. which could be the person in the golden armour like the sun! she disables the undead thing allowing sandor to seemingly destroy the body. crackpot i know.

Archived