[TWoW Spoilers] The Winds of Winter - OUR PREDICTIONS -

Ok here are some more from me.

1. Aegon and Jon C - I am convinced that Aegon is fake. There are several things pointing to him begin a fake AND to Varys making the whole thing up. He will get Storm's End somehow and brokers a shaky alliance with the Martells. Would he march on KL after that? Most likely not. He will want to wait for Dany and her dragons. He is clearly hoping for his aunt to join him once he has gotten a foothold in Westeros that could also serve as a landing place for Dany's host.

2. Cersei - I love her! No but seriously, I expect for her to win the trial by combat. At this point she can either go back to being Queen Regent as Kevan's dead. But she is not gonna get anyone's respect. The Tyrells don't trust her, the Lannister's aren't gonna take orders from her (whatever's left of them). She will however try to make a move against the Tyrells but we have Mace and Loras in KL and their host + Tarlly people close by. She will create even more chaos. I do expect her storyline to be wrapped at the end of Winds though. Dying in the arms of Jaime- her one true love. (Fine, go ahead and ewww)

3. Lord Varys - The most intriguing character for me. I would love to have a Varys PoV! There is just so much behind the scenes spying and plotting the Varys does, it would be awesome to get a glimpse of it in his head. Anyway, he said he wants Cersei to be in charge. By his actions, I think he is feeding Qyburn the info that he wants to feed. For a Targ to win KL, there must be no one in complete control. He wants Tyrell vs Lannister bickering. Several ways to go about doing that. Pretty sure he will make selfish Tyrells to switch sides to Aegon as soon as they see that he is winning.

4. Davos - His journey and search for Rickon in Skagos. Some exposition on the cannibalistic lands. Something out of Pirates of the Caribbean imo.

5. Stannis - I am hoping Stannis has a large enough host to smash through Bolton forces. He will try to sacrifice Theon but then there is no one for Asha to overturn the kingsmoot. Bran may stop it (as the uers above me said), Stannis may win the support of the Northeners and march back to the Wall or he may march South. There is a spoiler tagged topic in these boards about Stannis which I think is also likely, read at your pleasure (and risk).

6. Mel - Will try to ressurect Jon. I am hoping she dies in her attempt and Longclaw turns into Lightbringer and Jon is AA reborn aka the prince that was promised.

So many predictions from you guys and they are all some of my own.

The only one I have to add is that Arya (my fav) will prolly be hidden from view as a FM for perhaps most of the next book if not all. She will have a mark, and that mark of course will be plot changing. Don't know who it is though??

So many predictions from you guys and they are all some of my own.

The only one I have to add is that Arya (my fav) will prolly be hidden from view as a FM for perhaps most of the next book if not all. She will have a mark, and that mark of course will be plot changing. Don't know who it is though??

Please don't hide her! We got so little of Arya in Dance. And yes, many people have predicted out she will be sent to kill [insert a PoV character here]. I am hoping its Cersei

- When Stannis is about to sacrifice Theon to the Old Gods, Bran reveals himself and saves Theon, telling the truth to everyone. Stannis needs Theon alive so that Asha could overturn the kingsmoot and become Lady of the Iron Islands sworn to Stannis.

- Manderly sides with Stannis and they crush the Frey host. Then Manderly take back Lightbringer to Winterfell to lure the Boltons. Ramsay, believing it, sends the pink letter to Jon. Then, Manderly opens the gates to Stannis... and well couik Boltons.

I hope Theon turns Ramsay's bitches against him, and they end up eating him.

- Jon wargs into Ghost, 'til his body is resurrected by Melisandre. And then comes back again.

- Dany fulfils the prophecy of the Stallion that Mounts the World and unites all the Khalassars (she burns the khals who don't surrender of course). She then return to Meereen, to find the Ironborn of Victarion rulers of the city. She burns Victarion and takes his ships.

She forms a great fleet (iron fleet + slavers' ships, Volantis... etc), takes with her a small portion East (to Ashaï and west of Westeros), and let the other with Barristan or Jorah or Tyrion, whatever, to go west to the Free Cities and Westeros.

I think instead of Bran, it will be Davos arriving with Rickon and Shaggydog to prove that Theon didn't murder them.

Cersei: I just had a funny thought -- It's practically a given that unGregor will win the trial by combat. but what if he lost? how amazing would that be? not that there have been many of them, but we have yet to see someone lose in a trial by combat. There was rickard's "trial by combat" but i'm going to say it doesn't count. sandor whens his trial by combat "killing" beric...and of course tyrion won his. (and the trial of seven in the hedge knight doesn't count either since it's not a one on one).

so it would be an actual plot twist if her champion lost -- what would happen after that? would they just take her out back and behead her? (by "out bacK" i mean in front of the entire city).

anyway, there's like a 3% chance of it happening, but I, for one, would think it was a hilarious way to go out.

granted, it would probably be better if Jaime killed her, but then he'd be a kinslayer...which of course made me think -- well, he did just kill his cousin on tv -- which, in turn, made me think -- maybe GRRM revealed this plot point to D&D. then again, that was a super unnecessary kill, which was worse than the kinslaying imo, but i digress...

In the North and Iron Islands:

1. Jon survives, Melisandre with some weird healing. He does not die though, so no undeath here.

2. Theon escapes with Asha, head to the Iron Islands. Overturn the Kingsmoot, Asha become ruler of the iron islands.Theon mercifully dies.

3. The bastard of bolton kills Stannis. Heads north to the wall to reclaim Arya

4. Davos takes Rickon to the Wall.

5. Jon, in Rickon's name wins the North, killing both Boltons. They rally the north to the wall. Others attack. Others breach the wall in the final chapter.

In the East

1. Victarian takes Mereen, control of 2 dragons. Tyrion schemes and plots on the fringes

2. Dany rallies a Dorthaki host, retakes Mereen, Dragon on Dragon action. Tyrion destroys the horn somehow, Victarian is roasted.

3. Dany uses the ironborn ships to head to Westeros, at the end of the book.

Kings Landing, The Vale and the Riverlands

1. Cersei escapes the church with the help of un-gregor. Church isnt

2. Aegon rallies dorne to his cause, ultimately marches on kings landing

3. Uncat's friends infilitrate the frey castle, have a little bit of fun of their own. Its not pretty.

4. Sansa schemes and kills Petyr, to save little Robert.

5. Arya arrives in King's Landing. Bodies hit the floor. Seriously, murdering spreeeeeeeeee.

6. Jaime sets up the defense of Kings landing. Cersei isnt much help.

7. Greyscale plague, extremely virulent, its really not pretty. Myrcella is one of the victims, dies.Only little Tommen is left.

The far south

1. Sam works at becoming a maester. Something sets him on the trail of finding out Jon's birth. Events center on the Tower of Joy and Ashara Dayne.

2. Meanwhile, Sam is also stumbling over the secrets of the Maesters, lots of magic/prophecy reveals.

3. Greyscale plauge rages in the south, decimates the region. Takes the Tyrell strength out of the picture fast.

4. Jon's parenting reveal, Sam has to get this info to Jon, its criticly important

Aegon will waltz into KL a hero and will be declared rightful King by the faith in a parallel to Oldtown and the first Aegon. The defining moment for Varys will be what Aegon decides to do with Tommen and Myrcella, will he order them dead or will he show the Lannister's the mercy that they themselves did not? Has Varys placed a benevolent ruler on the throne as he meant or created just another awful King?

Dany will begin her descent towards tyranny and start to channel Aerys. She'll order her Unsullied into a dangerous situation and stubbornly refuse to withdraw them resulting in many unnecessary deaths, essentially treating them like slaves. Her actions will draw notice from her groupies, including Barristan and Missandei, Barristan (Ashara) to be the betrayal for love and Missandei for blood (Marselen).

It seems a bit crazy to speculate but...

We'll go deeper into Westeros' memories via the CoTF and the weirwoods, and deeper still into the religion of the old gods. (This is one of the reasons Tolkein was so well respected - his dense history,

geography and mythology - and linguistics), are often credited and praised in J.R.R. Tolkein's works (Lord of the Rings et al). Whether relevant or not, George (RR) Martin was (I hear) a great fan of Tolkein (but wary of recent fantasy cliche). I believe George is attempting to create a world with the magnitude and depth of middle earth, but with an original story that bears little resemblance to Tolkien. Not to say everything will be explained within the series, because in such a huge world this is neither feasible nor likely. But with any hope, everyone will be satisfied by a tale that seems sensible and strikes home to even those who haven't spent much time on fantasy.

With that bear in mind that my hopes are mitigated by this - and while I hope so many characters do make it through the series - I've also got to be open to personal disappointment - or I know I'll be disappointed. :D George didn't like the ending to the new BSG, and that pretty much won me over. Heh.

I wonder if these kind of expectations are why it must be difficult to write these novels of late? Anyways, that was random. Sorry for the tangent. :)

Does anyone think that Jon will end up having to sacrifice Arya?

I do. But not yet.

My Predictions:

Kings Landing:

UnGregor wins the Trial for Cersei, but runs amok and kills Thommen. Cersei, mad with grief, throws herself at him and is killed too. Tyene will use her influence in the Faith to propagate that UnGregor was an instrument of the Seven (and therefore should not be killed) and this means that both Queens have been found guilty in front of the Gods. The Tyrells will get Maegery the f*ck out of there and retreat to their stronghold, insisting however on their claim. The Dornish effectively take over Kings Landing, advocating for crowning Myrcella, now betrothed to Trystane.

But they probably won't go through with it, because at this time Aegon is already in front of the gates. (I don't think that he will accept Arianne's offer of her hand in marriage immediately, at this point he's likely still holding out for Dany. Or he does marry and declares that he will reestablish the Targ tradition of polygamy - at any rate the Aegon-Marriage-question won't be settled by the end of this book). The Dornish will hand him over Kings Landing on a platter. Not a single drop of blood will be spilt. Aegon will have the full support of the Faith and be beloved by the population.

The North:

Melisandre will take over and prevent the utter mutual destruction of sworn brothers and wildlings (probably by pulling off her most impressive magic trick yet, leaving them in utter shock and awe and too afraid to resist her) She'll resurrect Jon (although people won't probably know that he was really dead for a while, and think she just healed him. At this point, Mel has probably realized that Jon's the real deal, but might decide to not make it official yet, to retain the support of Queen Selyse). Jon won't let such a little distraction as being killed and ressurrected deter him from his original plan: He'll march to Winterfell with his wildling host and find the castle besieged by Stannis.

Stannis has won his battle on the Lake and he has found out via Theon that Bran and Rickon are still alive. (I think that Theon will be saved by Bran because Bran now sees the bigger picture and has a job for Theon). Things will look pretty dire for him at Winterfell, till Jon arrives. They defeat the Boltons and retake Winterfell. Stannis gets a raven from Davos who has found Rickon. Stannis promises to reinstate Rickon as Lord of Winterfell. All the remaining lords declare for Stannis. Jon will be sent with his wildlings to Greywater Watch to deal with the last Bolton/Frey forces hassling the Crannogmen. (Alternately he'll meet Howland Reed in Winterfell where the latter has been hiding in the crypts, first to have an eye on his kids and latter to cause some mischief with the Freys and Boltons - someone else has suggested that Reed might have been the Ghost of Winterfell and I really like that theory.) The great Howland Reed reveal won't be in this book yet, but we'll get a promise that it's on the horizon.

And then the Wall comes down. Maybe the wildlings have actually found the real horn of joramunn and kept it a secret so far and bring the wall down on purpose when the sworn brothers, without the guidance of Jon, turn against them again. Or it's some fucked up magic Melisandre tries to pull off unsuccessfully. (I'm pretty sure she'll try to sacrifice Shireen at some point, and that might backfire). At any rate, I think the wall will be down by the end of that book. (If not, Martin won't finish in seven books).

The Vale:

Ser Shadrach/The Mad Mouse will present himself to Sansa as a potential rescuer allegedly sent by the Blackfish. But Sansa won't trust him. Then Miranda Royce will gain her trust and corrobate Shadrach's story. But Sansa will choose to stay with Littlefinger, who has given up on the Harry-the Heir plan and told her about his scheme to marry her to Aegon instead. With Cersei dead, LF will reveal her as Sansa Stark and send her to KL to court Aegon. By the end of the book, it will look as if Sansa has become a creature of LF utterly and irrevocably. Only the sharpest readers might pick up some clues that she might have started playing him instead. (Her reveal of Shadrach's plan to him will gain his trust. He will believe that she really loves him and start to confide in her more than it would be wise). (I just hope that Sansa's plan doesn't involve turning a blind eye to the murder of Sweet Robin).

The Riverlands:

It was a trap. Brienne kills Jaime to save Pod. But the BWB eventually realize their mistake - maybe because Bran succeeds in contacting them and informs them about Jaime's innocence - and either UnCat comes to her senses herself (soothed by the knowledge that Bran is still alive), or they BWB disposes of Uncat - at any rate, Bran has a job for Jaime and Brienne, so Jaime gets resurrected with Red-Priest-Magic. (Maybe he even gets the kiss of life from UnCat, who passes on her own unLife to him). I don't think Bran will send them to save Sansa, I think he sends them to Casterly Rock. (because of Jaime's weirwood stump dream). There is a big cave system under the rock, and caves are often associated with the COTF. Maybe Bran sends them there to prepare a stronghold in the caves to protect the population when the Other invasion comes. I think that Jaime will get to protect the weak and innocent, before he dies for real.

Essos:

Dany gets the khalassar - all the khalassars, actually - the Iron fleet and defeats the Yunkai-coalition. It will be a massacre. I'm not sure if there's much of Meereen left afterwards. Tyrion will be on her team, but won't replace Barristan yet. (I don't see how he could gain her trust that fast). Victarion won't give her much trouble. His plan to marry will fail. I'm sure Euron has anticipated something like that and taken precautions. Or Victarion might not even try to enact the plan at all, because he has become a puppet of Morroquo, who supports Dany's anti-slavery-agenda. He might have the horn blown, but I predict that it will do absolutely nothing. (for the dragons, that is. It might bring down the wall. Wouldn't it be nice if the two important magic horns in that story got mixed up and Victarion got the horn of joramunn, while Same got he one that subdues dragons?). Or Tyrion somehow tricks him out of that horn.

Dany will reenlist Jorah in her team (maybe she has a new appreciation for him after the reveal of Daario's betrayal of her for gold - I think Daario was in bed with the Son of the Harpy somehow). She will send him and Barristan with the Iron Fleet and her Unsullied to be the vanguard for her invasion in Westeros. Her Dothraki army however will take the land route - the Demon Road, next to Asshai. (They don't like ships and there won't be enough ships for all of them anyway). I don't know, which army Dany herself will go with, but maybe she can keep an eye on both - depending on the distances you can cover by dragon.

I don't know how Dany will make sure that her non-dragon-children will be safe once she turns her back on them. I'm afraid she won't care any longer. But maybe her victory over the Yunkai-coalition will be decisive enough to give them at least a little break. (the nicest twist would be if barristan was wrong and hizdar turned out to be not a rat at all and could actually be trusted, because it was indeed Daario who plotted against Dany, but I think that's fairly impossible and both are probably rats). By the end of the book Dany will be on her way to Westeros.

Skagos/Braavos/Oldtown:

No idea at all. But the POVs there will probably find out a lot more about the magic of the world. There are three important forces of magic in this unverse - the Others (Ice), the dragons (fire) and whatever caused the Doom in Valyria and Hardhome (maybe Song?). I've read some fascinating threads on this boards implicating the Braavos temple of the Moonsingers, and the singing fraction of the COTF in this. I think in the next book we will find out a bit more about this power.

Aegon will waltz into KL a hero and will be declared rightful King by the faith in a parallel to Oldtown and the first Aegon. The defining moment for Varys will be what Aegon decides to do with Tommen and Myrcella, will he order them dead or will he show the Lannister's the mercy that they themselves did not? Has Varys placed a benevolent ruler on the throne as he meant or created just another awful King?

Dany will begin her descent towards tyranny and start to channel Aerys. She'll order her Unsullied into a dangerous situation and stubbornly refuse to withdraw them resulting in many unnecessary deaths, essentially treating them like slaves. Her actions will draw notice from her groupies, including Barristan and Missandei, Barristan (Ashara) to be the betrayal for love and Missandei for blood (Marselen).

I don't see Dany going down that road. I think it is more likely that she'll stop bending over for everyone and start to live up to the Targaryen words:

Fire and Blood

She'll be more ruthless, more violent and more sure of herself (as a warrior). But I don't think she'll loose sight of her original intentions.

I also think that she'll bring her force with her to Westeros by the end of the book.

Essos will be fine without her but it will be fragile and there will be black-market slavery. But I doubt it will go back to 'the old way' for fear of her dragons.

GRRM wouldn't become so invested in her only to have her become the next Aerys....especially if the rumours are true and Aegon is a fake

My Predictions:

Skagos/Braavos/Oldtown:

No idea at all. But the POVs there will probably find out a lot more about the magic of the world. There are three important forces of magic in this unverse - the Others (Ice), the dragons (fire) and whatever caused the Doom in Valyria and Hardhome (maybe Song?). I've read some fascinating threads on this boards implicating the Braavos temple of the Moonsingers, and the singing fraction of the COTF in this. I think in the next book we will find out a bit more about this power.

Almost forgot.

Skagos- There is a lot and I mean a lot of gap to fill in from when Rickon and Osha went to Skagos (supposedly). Although why she would take baby Rickon there is beyond me. Maybe she thought that no one would look for them there. At any rate I think there are both pretty dead.

Bravos - Arya. As a lot of people have said already.

Oldtown - Another interesting plotline. Did the maesters really hate magic so much that they killed off the dragons? There have been few mentions in the books that the last book on how to kill dragons is at the Citadel. Why is Jaqen there? Either he has been sent there to find the book by some employer who wants to kill the dragons (viz., slave owners etc.) or he is there to destroy the book (sent by Targ supporters - Varys?). There is also the possibility that he is paid to kill someone at the Citadel. Seems very unlikely - who would wanna kill some old Archmaester? I have a feeling that this ties into his entire journey so far. Why was he in KL in the first place? He couldn't have been in the dungeons unless he wanted to be there.

The kindly man does not seem to know who Jaqen is when Arya mentions his name in Feast. Maybe because Jaqen is an assumed name and identity. But I am pretty sure the kindly man knows where Arya came from and which FM would have had a chance to come in contact with her. maybe Jaqen has gone rogue? Again seems unlikely.

Archmaester Merwyn - Man, he left in a hurry to become Dany's maester. Maybe he just wants to see the dragons and practice magic (isn't there some mention of Dragon presence amplifying magic? Also something to consider for the whole Mellisandre's magic and the alleged dragon in the wall/Winterfell theory).

from Raggin:

The kindly man does not seem to know who Jaqen is when Arya mentions his name in Feast. Maybe because Jaqen is an assumed name and identity. But I am pretty sure the kindly man knows where Arya came from and which FM would have had a chance to come in contact with her. maybe Jaqen has gone rogue? Again seems unlikely.

I have the same thoughts about Jaqen and also that he =Syrio. It's a long shot but it is probable. Anything can happen in this world. And it would make an interesting parallel with Arya.

Here's what I'd like to see:

- Prologue: will be an as yet unknown character, but it would be good to have Osha accounting how Davos rescues her and Rickon to take them back to Winterfell

- Arya progresses fast in her apprenticeship and towards the end of the book is hired by an unknown Westerosi contact to eliminate a potential threat to the thrown. This threat is Gendry, who though oblivious to it could attempt a valid claim. Hence a great moral dilemma to continue her story arc. She spares Gendry, favouring to help him stake his claim to Storm's End. This is a betrayal of the Faceless Men, and Arya is henced hunted down by a member of theirs - no other than Jaqen H'ghar.

- Stannis initially fails to take Winterfell from the Bolton's and Frey's, but while regrouping Davos returns from Skagos having successfully regained Rickon. Bolstered by his returning of Valiant Ned's last remaining son, the North fully unites behind Stannis and reclaims Winterfell, ousting the Bolton's and butchering any Freys. Immediately following this, he furthers his favour with the North by publicly executing Theon Greyjoy in the Godswood. Having demonstrated to Asha Greyjoy his ever strengthening claim, he commissions her to win the support of the Iron Islands back from Euron, offering her his support in her Lordship of Pyke. She begrudgingly agrees to this.

- Littlefinger - being as good at accruing news as he is - swiftly learns that the North has re-united behind Rickon and taken Winterfell. He completes his plan of killing Robert Arryn with increasingly deadly dosages of sweetwine, with the intention of wedding Sansa to Harry Hardyng. However, he is unable to overcome his obsession with Catelyn Tully (and the similarities to her evident in Sansa) and I predict some form of self-destructive undoing of his character as he attempts to claim Sansa for his own. This will culminate in his tragic death at the hands of Sansa, or at least strongly involving her. Sansa returns North for the first time since leaving with her father, and claims the seat of Winterfell as a finally hardened and grown woman.

- Following Jon Snow's death, Melisandre has disturbing visions which eventually teach her that Jon - and not Stannis - was actually Azor Ahai, the one destined to stand against the Others and protect the realm. Knowing this she goes about resurrecting him, and must recruit the services of the maesters of the citadel (Samwell Tarly). While she is going about this, Jon spends chapters entirely from Ghost's perspective, possibly heading north to meet with his brother Bran/Summer. Meanwhile, with Jon dead the wall is vulnerable to attack from the others, whose threat grows rapidly.

- Daenerys returns to take Meereen atop Drogo, with Victarion (and the Ironborn) and Tyrion (with the mercenaries) aiding her in conquering the city. With the Iron Fleets, Daenerys returns to Westeros. While doing this, Tyrion (and his passion for dragons) leads him to taming one of the other two dragons. Daenerys builds a relationship with Victarion, who wishes to tame the remaining dragon - although he knows blowing the horn will result in his death. They return to Westeros and are confronted by Euron, resulting in a fight between the two brothers.

- Brienne's luring of Jaime to the Stark girl was a ruse, and he faces Lady Stoneheart, who condemns him for failing to return her daughter. Having lost all that she loved, she sends Jaime to kill Cersei, the one she knows he loves more than anything.

- With Daenerys returning to Westeros atop dragons, the whole R+L=J theory will surely come to a head. Howland Reed will travel to Winterfell, then to Melisandre (in the hope she can resurrect Jon), or might contact Meera or Jojen >> Bran to do this. Jon will be resurrected, with his destiny both as Targaryen/Stark and Azor Ahai meaning that he must unite the realm to lead the fight against the Others. He will do this by either wedding Daenerys Targaryen, or bending the knee to mirror King Torrhen who was the last King in the North before kneeling to the Targaryens.

- Don't know WHATS gonna happen with Bran, Obara/Nymeria/Tyene....

Here's what I'd like to see:

- Prologue: will be an as yet unknown character, but it would be good to have Osha accounting how Davos rescues her and Rickon to take them back to Winterfell

- Arya progresses fast in her apprenticeship and towards the end of the book is hired by an unknown Westerosi contact to eliminate a potential threat to the thrown. This threat is Gendry, who though oblivious to it could attempt a valid claim. Hence a great moral dilemma to continue her story arc. She spares Gendry, favouring to help him stake his claim to Storm's End. This is a betrayal of the Faceless Men, and Arya is henced hunted down by a member of theirs - no other than Jaqen H'ghar.

- Stannis initially fails to take Winterfell from the Bolton's and Frey's, but while regrouping Davos returns from Skagos having successfully regained Rickon. Bolstered by his returning of Valiant Ned's last remaining son, the North fully unites behind Stannis and reclaims Winterfell, ousting the Bolton's and butchering any Freys. Immediately following this, he furthers his favour with the North by publicly executing Theon Greyjoy in the Godswood. Having demonstrated to Asha Greyjoy his ever strengthening claim, he commissions her to win the support of the Iron Islands back from Euron, offering her his support in her Lordship of Pyke. She begrudgingly agrees to this.

- Littlefinger - being as good at accruing news as he is - swiftly learns that the North has re-united behind Rickon and taken Winterfell. He completes his plan of killing Robert Arryn with increasingly deadly dosages of sweetwine, with the intention of wedding Sansa to Harry Hardyng. However, he is unable to overcome his obsession with Catelyn Tully (and the similarities to her evident in Sansa) and I predict some form of self-destructive undoing of his character as he attempts to claim Sansa for his own. This will culminate in his tragic death at the hands of Sansa, or at least strongly involving her. Sansa returns North for the first time since leaving with her father, and claims the seat of Winterfell as a finally hardened and grown woman.

- Following Jon Snow's death, Melisandre has disturbing visions which eventually teach her that Jon - and not Stannis - was actually Azor Ahai, the one destined to stand against the Others and protect the realm. Knowing this she goes about resurrecting him, and must recruit the services of the maesters of the citadel (Samwell Tarly). While she is going about this, Jon spends chapters entirely from Ghost's perspective, possibly heading north to meet with his brother Bran/Summer. Meanwhile, with Jon dead the wall is vulnerable to attack from the others, whose threat grows rapidly.

- Daenerys returns to take Meereen atop Drogo, with Victarion (and the Ironborn) and Tyrion (with the mercenaries) aiding her in conquering the city. With the Iron Fleets, Daenerys returns to Westeros. While doing this, Tyrion (and his passion for dragons) leads him to taming one of the other two dragons. Daenerys builds a relationship with Victarion, who wishes to tame the remaining dragon - although he knows blowing the horn will result in his death. They return to Westeros and are confronted by Euron, resulting in a fight between the two brothers.

- Brienne's luring of Jaime to the Stark girl was a ruse, and he faces Lady Stoneheart, who condemns him for failing to return her daughter. Having lost all that she loved, she sends Jaime to kill Cersei, the one she knows he loves more than anything.

- With Daenerys returning to Westeros atop dragons, the whole R+L=J theory will surely come to a head. Howland Reed will travel to Winterfell, then to Melisandre (in the hope she can resurrect Jon), or might contact Meera or Jojen >> Bran to do this. Jon will be resurrected, with his destiny both as Targaryen/Stark and Azor Ahai meaning that he must unite the realm to lead the fight against the Others. He will do this by either wedding Daenerys Targaryen, or bending the knee to mirror King Torrhen who was the last King in the North before kneeling to the Targaryens.

- Don't know WHATS gonna happen with Bran, Obara/Nymeria/Tyene....

I will cry if Jon turns out to be another of the "dead then resurrected" storylines. Just how hackneyed is that now in ASOIF? Beric, Cat, the Mountain, and now maybe now Jon will all have been resurrected. Would GRRM really be that predictable? His writing so far suggests not.

I think that tyrion will ride a dragon. I think that he will either figure out a way to use victarions dragon horn or he will ride a dragon that bran wargs. since tyrion was the reason bran was able to ride a horse, it seems poetic that bran would be the way tyrion was allowed to ride a dragon. I also like the irony of the small man tyrion would get to ride a huge dragon.

Absolutely great idea, and I could totally see it happening.

Okay, here's my hunch which isn't founded on all that much.

I have a feeling that Aegon is going to take Casterly Rock. I read somewhere (can't cite it, sorry) that Martin has said that we will see Casterly Rock at some point in the series. Since the Lannisters have been fighting for so long, and at least some portion of their strength is stationed in King's Landing, the Rock's defenses probably wouldn't be particularly difficult to penetrate. It's kind of a journey to get there, but it would really shake up the Lannisters. I'd love to see how Cersei would react to that.

Here's a thought - what if Osha took Rickon to Hardhome instead of Skagos?

Robin Arryn probably won't last much longer with his illness, but LF might speed up the process a bit. Either way, as soon as Sansa is outed, she'll appeal to her aunt's bannermen and have LF killed/jailed. She or the Blackfish will take over as heir to the Eyrie.

Also, I've seen this description of the TV series on a few sites: "All seek control of the Iron Throne, the possession of which ensures survival through the 40-year winter to come." Is that from GRRM's mouth? 40 years?

Tyrion will travel back to Westeros with Dany, and become a dragonrider and chief general of her armies in the war against the Others. In the final battle, with the forces of man on the brink of defeat, he will challenge the monstrous captain of the Others to single combat to decide the fate of all mortals. They meet in the centre of the field in what Tyrion explains is the traditional Westerosi method of dueling, a joust, with Tyrion riding a dog, and the Others' chief perched atop a squealing pig. The foes tilt at each other, and it goes ill for the dwarf, whose head is sliced clean off. But when the triumphant Other examines the fallen helm, he finds it is filled only with a melon! He spins around, but too late as Tyrion slides a dragonglass dirk between his ribs.

The world is saved, yet victory turns sour for Tyrion, for as the icy mask of his nemesis melts away, it reveals that underneath it was...Tysha! It turns out 'where whores go' is actually the Lands of Always Winter.

Arya will travel far, across the Dorthraki sea, through the red waste, along the shores of the Jade Sea, until she reaches Asshai. There, she happens upon an alehouse, wherein she finds Ned Stark, Robert Baratheon, Renly Baratheon, Jon Arryn and Tywin Lannister carousing and singing, flagons in hand. Whe she confronts them, they sheepishly admit that, having wearied of their kingdoms and the nagging of their wives and subjects, they conspired to fake their deaths and travel abroad as a roving band of sellswords. In a rage, Arya kills them all.

Theon Greyjoy dies, but then a bit later he comes back, and announces his name is now Theon Whitejoy. Meanwhile Asha finds a magic ring that grants the bearer power according to their stature. They go on a most unexpected adventure.

Jon Snow lies dying at the Wall, Melisandre's magics only serving to slow his decline. When he hears this, Howland Reed emerges from the Neck with the full strength of his Crannogmen and cuts a bloody path North. After smashing through the hosts of the Freys, the Manderlys, the Boltons, the wildlings and the Night's Watch, he comes at last to Jon, lays his sword before him, and says he has come to tell him the truth of his parentage. He is none other than the son of...Wylla, the servant women. 'Oh' says Jon, and dies of disappointment.

Finally, Ramsay Bolton rapes, flays, kills and eats every single inhabitant of Westeros, Easteros and Sotheros, before using magic to reach out of the book and throttle the reader. And thus is GRRM's terrible plan completed. There is no seventh book.

Archived