[TWoW Spoilers] The Winds of Winter - OUR PREDICTIONS -

Here are my predictions:

North- I think Jon will remain resurrected for a while but he will have a POV as Ghost. I think it will all kick off between the wildlings and the NW, and the wildlings will head south. Meanwhile, Bran will continue to learn off the children of the forest before he encounters Ghost and feels the need to head south to the Wall. Stannis will win the Battle for Winterfell because Wyman Manderly will turn against the Boltons and the Freys. Roose will lose all credibility when fake Arya is revealed to be Jeyne Poole, and he will manage to escape back to the Dreadfort, but Ramsay will be killed. Davos will take a long time to find Bran, Osha and Shaggydog on Skagos, and take a long time to return. On the way back to White Harbor they will be captured by Roose.

Dorne and the Reach- Doran Martell will ally with Aegon and Jon Con, and will be pushed to do so when something bad happens to Lady Nym in KL. Dorne has always been faithful to the Targaryens and Doran will want to support his nephew. So Aegon and Arriane will be betrothed. Meanwhile, Balon Swann will hunt for Darkstar but be killed. Aegon will win over the bannermen in the Reach when he takes Storm's End and other towns in the Reach, making his way towards Highgarden. However, Aegon's true identity will be revealed towards the end of the book and Jon Con will die trying to save him. Doran Martell will keep Myrcella with him.

King's Landing- The Tyrells will seize power in KL with Kevan out of the way, and Varys will help them do so, but only because he wants to be close to the Tyrells so he can betray them when the time comes. Cersei will flee back to Casterly Rock and rally all Lannisters to her, including Jaime, when Varys has Robert Strong killed. I think the Tyrells will keep Tommen on the throne as a puppet.

The Mander- Euron will carry on raiding up the Mander towards Highgarden. There will be a land/sea battle between him and Willas/ Garlan.

Essos- Tyrion will convince Brown Ben Plumm to change sides again. Dany will win over Khal Jhaqo's Khalashar, either by burning Jhago or being captured and taken to Vaes Dothrak, where her dream about the crones will come true. Victarion will sound the Dragon Horn and Viserion and Rheagal will come to him. He will destroy/capture the Volantene fleet with them and capture Meereen. Barristan Selmy will try and oppose him. Dany will return with her khalashar and smash the Slaver's army, sparing Tyrion and Brown Ben's life. Viserion and Rheagal will return to her when she says dracarys and Victarion will be powerless and the ironborn killed. Dany will kill Victarion, but only after he tells her about the wars in Westeros. Tyrion will tell Dany of Aegon and she will want to return. Arya will continue to be a FM before she gets a question wrong and is forced to leave or sneaks away because she wants to kill the people on her own hit list.

Riverlands and the Vale- Brienne will take Jaime back to Lady Stonehart, who wants to kill him. But Jaime swears an oath that he will return Sansa. The Blackfish goes to the Vale, where Sansa has married Harry the Heir. But she isn't happy in the Vale and wants to return North. In the end she will kill LF for his involvement in her father's death and take the Vale into the war on the side of the North.

Prologue- Wall will fall

Storm's End/Dorne - Arianne is going to meet Aegon and I believe she will discover he is a fake. Jon Con will have her imprisoned, but then strike a deal with her.

Jon Con's whole motivation for seating Aegon on the throne is that he is Rhaegar's son.

• 2 weeks later...

If I am really going to think and strain my concentration I will have to do a few at a time. A few I have no idea about so I won't write anything until I can reach a consensus...with myself. LOL!

Arya - Learns some more and continues to entertain this whole FM thing well into the first half of book 6. Arya is a Stark and must get her identity back and be clear-headed to that once more. Or just imho, it is not her and her character would become blergh!!!

That doesn't happen if she is still all in with the FM. Very simply...it ends. She ends it. She either hears news that makes her want to get back to Westeros. Something like....throwing stuff out there... that Lady Stark (Uncat) is er, not herself and at the head of the BWB, Jon Snow had an assassination attempt on his life, her sister's identity is revealed, Bran Stark was sighted, Rickon is back at WInterell or among Stark banners again. Something...and she goes, gets Needle, her decision is final and she leaves. Some news reaches her or she has another run-in with the past like the Sam thing, and she is done. The only thing she takes with her is her learning, her skills, her new, yet old, resolve, and her Needle. She wants to aid whatever family is still left to her. She probably thinks or remembers something Ned or Syrio told her too. Ok, I threw that in there cause its touching. But Ned had talked to her of family and she will remember that.

Basically, we don't see her do much in book 6. But the big thing is she is "home." On Westerosi soil. And then she kicks in during 7. And look out.

And then the GRRM stuff comes in again. The heartbreaking makes you want to fall off your couch, so close, but no cigar schtick...Book 6 ends and she just set foot again in Westeros...and just missed somebody. Either Sansa just made a break for it, somebody rescued her. Stoneheart had died by then, another member just moved further from her....and she literally is back to square one. She has to acquire info and then decide where to go and how to proceed from there. But this time she knows who she is, she is Arya of House Stark of Winterfell, and disguising her identity is just to move around safely and get to work finding her family. And she knows that now. She remembers who she is and that disguise is just to be useful. She wants her family back. And some revenge too but it doesn't consume her. Actually, it won't consume any of the Stark children and Jon, and that is what sets them apart, why we love them. They are not Lannisters or other people that are very vengeful.

Crap...I have to think of who to do next...still not sure I even worded this exactly how I want.

And I believe she meets up again with Nymeria. Not sure when. And she will be able to warg Nymeria more effectively, hence Nymeria, the Queen Bee, will bring her pack with her.

• 2 weeks later...

Victarion - I'm almost certain that the dusky woman was actually hired by Euron to spy on Vic and through writing or some other method is telling or will tell Euron everything that Vic has said to her when he got too comfortable with her.

Dany - Either at the end of book 6 or (more likely) sometime in book 7 she will meet Jorah again, ask for his help in some way, but Jorah will refuse to help her and/or betray her in some significant way. Also the seneschal that quaithe warns of turns out the be the one at the citadel (though that's probably also another book 7 event)

Sam - WIll figure out that alleras is a girl (probably due the fact that sam knows he's only comfortable around women).

Here are my predictions ( in short ) :

Davos rescues Rickon and takes him to Stannis and even more Northmen go over to his cause ( Yay :D )

Stannis sacrifices Theon to the Old Gods before besieging Winterfell.

Winterfell is besieged. The Umber men join forces and destroy the Bolton and Frey garrison. Roose escapes, Ramsay is killed.

Danny goes back to Mereen. Wheter it's alone or with a new khalasar. She meets Victarion. Together, they destroy the Yunkai forces. Victarion is killed in battle. The dusky woman is actually Euron. He has one of his men blow the dragon horn. The story arc ends in a cliffhanger.

" Aegon " conquers some more castles in the Stormlands. He meets with Arianne and the two are betrothed. He has the strength of Dorne behind him. ( I think he's gonna be revealed as a fake halfway through the book ) .

These are just little theories I have, most of them are crackpot and probably won't happen, but you never know. It's GRRM we're talking about. :P

wtf :D

Arya - ...

...She either hears news that makes her want to get back to Westeros. Something like....throwing stuff out there... that Lady Stark (Uncat) is er, not herself and at the head of the BWB, Jon Snow had an assassination attempt on his life, her sister's identity is revealed, Bran Stark was sighted, Rickon is back at WInterell or among Stark banners again. Something...and she goes, gets Needle, her decision is final and she leaves. Some news reaches her or she has another run-in with the past like the Sam thing, and she is done. The only thing she takes with her is her learning, her skills, her new, yet old, resolve, and her Needle. She wants to aid whatever family is still left to her. She probably thinks or remembers something Ned or Syrio told her too. Ok, I threw that in there cause its touching. But Ned had talked to her of family and she will remember that.

I was thinking exactly that. News of Jons 'death' combined with news of either Sansa or Rickon being alive should make or break her with the FM, unless they happen to give her an assignment that sends her back to Westeros, where she wants to go anyhow.

Jon and the Wall

Jon will be ressurected by Bran and he will fight alongside the Wildlings AGAINST Mel and the Black Brothers. Longclaw will become Lightbringer when Jon stabs it through Mel's heart and it drinks her power. Jon will be Azor Ahai, King of Winter, and will lead the Wildlings down on the north. Bran will bring the Others in on Jon's side, and they will actually work with Jon to restore the north to the realm of the old gods with the Children and the magic that once was, as the Others were originally created to be used for just that purpose. I have no opinion if Jon will go further south, though, to take the Iron throne. This would mean he returns the entire realm to the old gods.

Mereen and Dany

Tyrion will bring the sellswords in on Victarion's side. Tyrion was Hand when he recieved a peace offer from Balon. So he will know he can negotiate with Victarion. Victarion will take control of both dragons in Mereen. All of Dany's freedmen, Unsullied and loyal soldiers will die in Mereen - I think this is important to happen because Dany will not abandon them, yet she cannot leave Slaver's Bay with them as they are too many to travel that far, so if you assume Dany MUST reach Westeros, then her people must die to the last man. Victarion will return home without facing Dany and take Tyrion and the 2 dragons with him.

Dany will go with the Dothraki to the mother of mountains where the crones will declare her the Stallion who Mounts the World. All Dothraki will follow the dragon rider to Westeros where Dany will want revenge for the people lost at Mereen.

Aegon and Dany will side with the High Septon and his armies, I think. Likely, this will mean Dorne and Highgarden and Stormlands and Dothraki herd and Warrior's Sons/Sparrows will be their army. I think Victarion and Tyrion will side with Jon - Tyrion is a good friend to Jon, and that will mean something in the future. I do not see them fighting against each other. Sansa will kill Littlefinger and side with Jon.

Under this scenario, you have an equal division of Fire and Ice armies. Jon, Tyrion, Victarion, Sansa all as Ice. Dany, Aegon, Dorne, Highgarden and the Faith all as Fire. This is how the war is meant to play out, I think.

]

Aegon and Dany will side with the High Septon and his armies, I think.

But what about Moquorro, the Red Priest, sent do support Dany? Are we assuming that he abandonned his mission and actually switched over to Vici? Or isn't it rather more likely that he would turn against Vic, the moment Vic turns against Dany?

To me, all signs seem to point to Dany getting Red Priest support. Which would mean that an alliance with the Faith of the Seven won't be possible.

I'm still fairly convinced that the Second Dance of Dragons will be between Aegon and Dany, not Dany and Jon.

1) Aegon is set up to ally with the Faith, Dany with the Red Priests. If that comes to pass, an alliance between Dany and Aegon will be impossible.

2) Aegon is supported by Illyrio. I predict Dany will break with Illyrio pretty soon - firstly, there's of course the whole slavery issue. Dany might become aware of how hypocritical it is of her to burn the slavers in Meereen and accept Illyrio's support, who probably owes his fortune in large parts to the slave trade and keeps quasi-slaves himself. But even if she doesn't, Illyrio himself is probably not so keen on her abolutionist policies and will try to get rid of Dany once he realizes that he has lost any hope of influence over her. Last but not least there's Barristan's promise to the Tattered Prince to give him Pentos, if he helps out Dany. That would certainly make Illyrio an enemy, and in further consequence, Aegon.

3) Dany is primed to distrust Aegon because of the HOTU vision of the mummer's dragon. While that alone probably wouldn't suffice to turn her against him (contrary to popular belief, I don't perceive Dany as strongly influenced by prophecy - she interprets Quaithe's words as a call to go to Asshai, yet decides to stay in Meereen, for instance), it might be the last straw that breaks the camel's back.

I have been visiting this site for awhile now and finally joined. So Hello everyone.

I do have a couple of predictions that I wnated to share.

1. We will find out the Mellisandre is dead and has been all along. Only the Ruby choker keeps her alive. Her purpose is that AA is the only person that can heal her so she searches for him everywhere. This is also why Maester Cressen's poison could not kill her.

2. My last prediction is that sadly most of our beloved characters will be dead by the end of the books. I do believe that Jon will learn of his heritage and make the scarifice (??) that only he can make. Dany will make it back to Westeros to find that Dragons (Herself included) cannot survive the cold and that Targaryens should have never conquered Westeros. She will either die or return to the red waste where her dragons can survive. A Stark will rise and rule from the North (not sure which one) All other major players will not survive and a new generation (Maybe the really young ones like Rikkon, Shireen, Myrcella) will survive.

I believe that Benjen Stark is alive, Theon will do something noble before dying, Stannis is toast, Arya will kill Roose and Cercei will dye at the hand of the little brother (Tommen?)

Something I wanted to acknowledge that we haven't really discussed here. Dorne has been relatively isolated throughout the series, but things are about to change. Doran Martell has played his hand fantastically and Dorne is now poised to become a serious power player within the realm. Besides the fact that all sides are either courting Dornish support or working hard not to push it to their enemies, the Martells have players placed in the most beneficial places possible.

First, Lady Nym is on her way to her seat on the small council. Eyes and ears on the decision-makers of the realm and a direct connection from Doran Martell to the leadership. The benefits of this are clear to anybody who has read the series.

Second, an inside informant within The Faith, through another sand snake - Tyene. She is on her way to KL dressed as a septa, with a mission to cozy up to the High Septon (who now control his own swords and is quickly becoming a very significant player).

Third, another inside connection to the citadel, and more importantly Archmaster Marwyn and Sam Tarly. If the theories are correct, Alleras the Sphinx is actually Sarella Sand, another sand snake that is obviously under a secret mission and poised to possibly even become a maester.

These three institutions are undoubtedly the most influential in the entire realm, and having such highly placed informants will be critical to shifting power away from the Lannisters/Tyrells and toward the Aegon/Dorne alliance that is soon to come. Lord Tywin knew (and all the other Lannisters for that matter) that a dissolution of the relationship between themselves and the Tyrells would be detrimental to their hold on the Iron Throne. With both Cersei and Margary on trial, regardless of the outcomes - shits about to hit the fan in KL, giving the Aegon/Dornish alliance its opportunity to seize power.

But what about Moquorro, the Red Priest, sent do support Dany? Are we assuming that he abandonned his mission and actually switched over to Vici? Or isn't it rather more likely that he would turn against Vic, the moment Vic turns against Dany?

This is very true. And it is something that will haver a large impact. Moqqa wont have been put in the story for no reason, that's obvious. But it's impossible to predict exact what will happen. Perhaps Moqqa will stay loyal to Dany, and he will steal one of the dragons to bring with her, and Victor only escapes with one dragon himself? Impossible to know.

One thing I do think, though, is we've already had one character, Quentyn, cross the world just to die. So I think Victor and Tyrion are safe because I do not think Martin will pull the same stint twice. This makes me believe that Victor will indeed succeed, but to what extent, exact, maybe be something left up to Moqqa.

To me, all signs seem to point to Dany getting Red Priest support. Which would mean that an alliance with the Faith of the Seven won't be possible.

I think the Red Priests are in for a little bit of a molesting by the Red Roller. Jon is Azor Ahai. That is sure. When Mel asks for a glimpse of Azor Ahai in the flames (expecting to see Stannis), all she sees is "Snow," both literal snow flakes and images of Jon Snow. Is the Red Roller trying to tell her something, mayhaps?

The story is being built up so that Dany is the saviour apparent and the Others are the destroyer apparents. I think the twist is going to be Dany being the destroyer at the head of a barbarian horde and Jon, the King of Winter, being the saviour at the head of the magical forces of hte White Walkers (to some extent - I don't think he'll have wights for cup bearers, but there will be a connection made on some level where they actually work toward the goals of AA).

1) Aegon is set up to ally with the Faith, Dany with the Red Priests.

Yes. But what is going to happen when Mel realizes Jon is AA? Like I said, the Red Roller's followers might just be scattered to the wind and left out in the snow to freeze. Dany is entirely unpredictible and there is no evidence she will embrace the Red Priests out of hand, not if she sees advantage in siding with Aegon. And even if she does convert, there will still be a day of reckoning not too soon where it becomes obvious Dany is not a saviour and is more so a destroyer of cities. When that moment comes, the Red Priests will be so confused.

1. We will find out the Mellisandre is dead and has been all along. Only the Ruby choker keeps her alive. Her purpose is that AA is the only person that can heal her so she searches for him everywhere. This is also why Maester Cressen's poison could not kill her.

This is true, I think. I have had the same thought.

I am rereading Dance right now. I saw the part where Mel tricked Jon into seeing Ygritte. A glamor. Making him think she was her for a moment. Gods only know why. But it struck me that she really is a full blown witch.

I've thought she is a corpse for a long time, though. But now I'm wondering if he true appearance, once seen, she might look like a full on flaming demon. Fire being associated with hell, I think once her glamor is undone, she is not going to be a pretty sight.

Third, another inside connection to the citadel, and more importantly Archmaster Marwyn and Sam Tarly. If the theories are correct, Alleras the Sphinx is actually Sarella Sand, another sand snake that is obviously under a secret mission and poised to possibly even become a maester.

Although this is indeed as important as you make it out to be, I do not think that Doran has actually assigned her a mission. Doran refers to her as "playing a game" (masquerade as a man in the citidel). I think she is there oif her own will and choice. But what she choses to do there will likely have impact. Let us not forget, her no doubt fast friend, fat Sam, has the Horn of Winter...

Yes. But what is going to happen when Mel realizes Jon is AA? Like I said, the Red Roller's followers might just be scattered to the wind and left out in the snow to freeze. Dany is entirely unpredictible and there is no evidence she will embrace the Red Priests out of hand, not if she sees advantage in siding with Aegon. And even if she does convert, there will still be a day of reckoning not too soon where it becomes obvious Dany is not a saviour and is more so a destroyer of cities. When that moment comes, the Red Priests will be so confused.

Mel is just a fringe-phenomenon in terms of Rhollorism. Their main power base is in Volantis. Not much danger of freezing there. And what we've seen of Red Priests so far, there's little reason to assume that they would shie away from some destruction when it furthers their agenda. As long as Dany doesn't reintroduce slavery, she should be golden.

In the end, the answer to the question whether Jon or Dany is the actual AA of prophecy might not be all that relevant. From a political perspective it simply makes more sense for the Red Priests to back Dany.

As to the possiblity of Dany refusing an alliance: it's largely a question of timing. I predict that when Moquorro makes his offer, she'll be in sore need of him (to sort out the Victarion situation for instance) - she probably can't afford to refuse his help. When Aegon finally appears on her radar, it's probably too late to reconsider.

Archived