[TWoW Spoilers] The Winds of Winter - OUR PREDICTIONS -

Bran as the King and Protector of the Relm and a couple Others as his Kings Guard.

Jon as Warden of the North.

Danerys as his Bitch (Literally).

Every one will Bend the Knee to Bran The Conquer. I only say this because I feel that at the end of it all Bran will Literally be able to do whatever he wants.

I could never imagine Daenerys as someone's b*tch - ever. Yes, she does take Daario to bed just for the sake of it (and what's wrong with this!?) but she still is in control, she doesn't marry him, however she insists. And she will kick all the ex bloodriders asses in the next book, I am sure of it. Why should she melt suddenly and change all her character and attitude... for Jon Snow? Which still has to resuscitate, btw. And Jon isn't the type to have a b*tch anyway - look Ygritte for example.

The theme of the next book is winter. Meaning the Others will finally be the main subject. They will break through the Wall somehow and run amok in the north, steadily moving south and destroying everything in

their path as the lands begin freezing up.

Stannis will not defeat the Boltons, but will eventually retreat further south. In the spirit of "two wrongs make a right", it will be the Others who come upon and totally wipeout the Boltons, overrunning both Winterfell and the Dreadfort. Stannis will only just evade them.

Dany will not go back to Mereen, but will take her new Khalasar and rescue Daario. Expect a great and mighty battle, which will be won by the Dothraki + Drogon.

What happens to the other two dragons? Don't know about that, I'd be interested in hearing theories about their future. What is Jon's future? Not sure of that either, but do know he is not finished. Either he plays Musical Wargs with Ghost and various people/animals, or he survives the attack. I do think that Mel will play a huge role in his life here.

Minor prediction: Bran's last POV is early in ADWD, about chapter 33 or so (don't remember exactly), before it even catches up to AFFC. Bloodraven is dead by the end of ADWD, or will die in TWOW. He wanted someone to come and take over for him in the cave, now he has Bran, he's done. He's already lived beyond his mortal lifespan. My only hesitancy about this is that with all the Blackfyre stuff coming up, it might make sense to keep him around awhile. But I think it makes sense to clear away any confusion about who is controlling ravens/trees/etc... when they talk. Make it so that it has to be Bran, and we're not wondering if it's Bran or Bloodraven or both.

Radical, totally unfounded on evidence gut feeling probably wrong prediction: We will see Howland Reed in TWOW. We will also meet Gerion Lannister and the Evenstar of Tarth.

Even more crazy prediction: Jon's parentage will come out in TWOW.

Stannis will die by the end of TWOW. Don't think he's dead now though, Ramsay's letter is not forged, but is full of lies.

50/50 prediction: Asha will end up going with Massey to Braavos, or at least to the Wall?

Embarrassing wishful thinking prediction: Jaime/Brienne will be married by the end of AWOW.

I like all of this, a lot. Seems plausible.

Asha to Braavos seems fun, making clear of Jon's PoV for a while a great relief.

For how dreamy it would be to see Jaime and Brienne together, I don't think they'll marry- he's still in the Kinghtguard. But hopefully they'll get together...?

What about Sam? By instinct I'd say he dies, but then no maester to the wall, that can bring some infos about how the Others? IDK. Well, Jon is apparently dead anyway; and I don't really see Sam without Jon.

I think a lot of everyone will die and that westeros will be covered in ice with potentially Oldtown being my favourite candidate for the last human City. And a new wall is built probably somewhere in the Reach. and Summer will only ever return to that new land south of the new wall. They could call it New Westeros.

Only PoV's that survive are Samwell, Hotah, Aeron, Arya and Bran.

i like this idea

We find out that they never actually executed Ned Stark, just his evil twin. He kills everyone in the Red Keep and sails across the sea to Pentos for some reason.

Dany finds Khal Drojhorogoqhorro's Khalasar and burns everyone last human in it, her arc ends as she reveals her true identity - Aerys Targaryen.

Jon Snow realises he actually cannot die, kills his attackers, finds the One Ring and uses it to bind the Night's Watch to his will.

Stannis and Ramsay battle it out until Wyman Manderly launches himself from a catapult into Ramsay's army, killing Ramsay and many of them when he causes the ground to rupture beneath their feet. Unfortunately, Wyman dies. The Northern Lords swear allegiance to Rickon Stark when he arrives with 100,000 Skagosi soldiers. Lady Ryswell transforms into Domeric Bolton and Roose Bolton reveals that he is actually Reek, and then vanishes into a puff of smoke. Theon Greyjoy builds a ship and flies it into the West. Asha drowns.

Aegon Targaryen turns out to be a Blackfyre, none other than Maelys the Monstrous with a new face. He eats the Golden Company. Jon Connington and Doran Martell fall in love and make babies, which they name Rhaegar, Rhaegarys, Rhaegarlor and Rhaegarion. Unfortunately, they pass Greyscale and Gout onto their children who are abominations. Rhaegar becomes the Shrouded Lord and the other three become Orcs.

Samwell reads a book and learns that he is actually the Azor Azhai. He raises an army in Oldtown and begins to conquer the Reach.

Victarion and the Dusky Woman merge together and form Gerion Lannister.

Tyrion Lannister and Jorah Mormont go to Barristan Selmy, whose mental state rapidly deteriorates as he is now blind, deaf and now suffers from dementia and Alzheimer's. Tyrion and Jorah try to get him to Moqorro who can save him, but as they sail out, the entire land around Slaver's Bay gets sucked into a black hole.

Sansa renames herself to Catelyn Stark. Littlefinger falls for the trick, but at the last moment, Sansa becomes Lady Stoneheart and Littlefinger throws himself out the Moon Door, but has a parachute so he survives. He meets Ros at Duskendale and they live happily ever after.

Arya falls into a plothole, never to return.

Yep, I think I've covered almost anything.

Oh, and Bran finds out the Others are the good guys and Westeros are the baddies.

I hope that GRRM has thought of a way to work a jump forward 4/5 years story line... Several characters need to age, gain experiance, etc, dragons need to grow... use flashbacks to catch us up on the things we missed.. There are lots of storylines to be moved along... I dont see how 2 books can be enough... unless, the Other smash the wall, destroy the North... The South unites to fight the Other... Dany arrive in Westeros... big fight with the Others... everyone dead... Only Arya alive, studing to be a FM.... I dont like that ending :ack:

No big predictions here but I think the overall structure of the book will be like this.

First half - Resolve situations in Mereen, The North, Kingslanding, The South, Riverlands, Oldtowns, Braavos. A lot of fast passed character movement and new meetings. Generally the happy part of the book. Not many deaths. Maybe some minor characters. But resolve the cliffhangers of AFFC and ADWD mostly.

Second half - Winter comes hard and unexpected. The shit hits the fan. Some major characters death. I don't expect many. Saving most for the last book. Mostly westeros related character. Major cliffhangers for majority of North and middle part of westeros.

Last 5 chapters. - Mostly from the south. I expect the Mereen crew to land in Dorne or Stormlands and it will be snowing which will be a wtf moment for them. A few character interactions with people mostly to the south of westeros leaving the North occupants cliffhangers still hanging strong.

Epilouge - Someone lost in the winter up North. (Ramsey Bolton, Wyman Manderly, etc.) Get pwned hard by the Others. With some other unknown revelation that no one could see coming.

Littlefinger/Varys - Neither will die in this book. Their main plans are revealed and are huge shockers. They've both been to smart and crafty to die yet. Littlefinger might be killed by Sansa, but it will not be until the last book.

Jon/Dany - There is no way both these guys are surviving if anything they are both dieing. I think Stannis has a better chance of living. It can't be a bittersweet ending if they both live aha.

GRRM decides that he has far too much material for one book so releases "The Nippy Ground Frost of Autumn" as a volume between ADWD and TWOW. It will mostly consist of Tyrion playing cyvasse and Bran trying to find a comfortable seat. GRRM will also introduce A New Targaryen, probably a girl who will have been hidden in plain sight at King's Landing. She will be turn out to be Ros in the TV adaptation and the internet will implode under the weight of fanboy opprobrium.

Goodness...if Ros somehow makes an actual appearance in ASOIAF... I might spontaneously combust. xD

I can't make any predictions, because my predictions between each ASOIAF book has been wrong so far, but as long as Jon, Arya, Sansa, Bran, Rickon, Tyrion and at least one of the dragons survive the series...I'll be happy with any twist GRRM decides to throw our way...

- Brienne lures Jamie into unCat's trap where he is sentence to hanging

- Jamie demands trial by battle

- unCat appoints Brienne as her champion without any backthought seeing how left-handed he is

- An awesome duel ensues, but Brienne sacrifices herself to complete Jamie’s “purification” arch

- Incidentally, Jamie uses Oathkeeper to plunge through Brianne’s heart (figuratively) and transforms the sword into the Lightbringer

- unCat becomes quite pissed about such an outcome and decides to do Jamie in personally

- Thoros interferes with some badass abracadabra severing unCat’s red-zombie head with a loud bang

- Thoros goes on to proclaim Jamie the AA reborn helpfully pointing to all the prophesy requisites: 1. long summer over, 2. Brienne - who took the falling star for a sigil – bleeding, 3. cold and darkness thickening as the Others march across the Wall…

- Tyrion will remain the most amusing character in the series

- He tries to persuade Ben Plum to rescue Daario, but will fail due to Ben’s belief that he is the smartest sellsword there is. Well, he is not

- Eventually, in the mess caused by arrival of the Ironborn, he will employ Mormont (just for the irony sake of it) and a wicked looking battle axe to swiftly rescue Daario, who may actually be gravely sick and dying

- Meanwhile, the leadership of Sons will fall to the ruthless attack of the Ironborn. The Kraken swallows the siege clean as if it weren’t there

- Having flailing Daario at his disposal, means Tyrion will achieve access to Meereen, and appreciation of the Stormcrows

- To repay Tyrion’s bravery and cunning, Daario will appoint him as the leader, awarding the iconic daggers to Tyrion (how fitting)

- Not only that, but also being the full-featured Second Son, Tyrion will propose the merger of what remains of the Sons’ forces with the Stormcrows, thus making his very own sellsword company

- He will not wait for Dany’s return as there’s little sense for him to stay idle in Meereen, and forwards his manpower towards, well, Pentos… He will find Tysha there.

- Mormont will follow Tyrion around as a trusted guard and a bear of little intellect. Tyrion will incept an idea that his destiny is the NW

Selmy will die, but not in the battles. His death is more of a sneaky-harpy nature. Still, he will reveal certain truths to Tyrion re Westerosi past before we see the last of this character

Penny will die, but she is boring anyway

- Sansa will continue on her education with LF only to become - shall we say - LF in skirt. This is not necessarily a bad thing for her or the readers, as finally we will be seeing certain spark in Sansa

- As her manipulative powers grow, so is her attachment and influence over Sweet Robin and the court of Vale

- She will drag the wedding preparations through the whole book, but ultimately, will remain Tyrion’s true wife

- Sandor is alive, long live Sandor!

- He will remain with the monks for some time, long enough to recover for the events at the KL. Contraty to the popular belief, Sandor will not be summoned to be the champion of the faith. Basically, as long as the Seven are concerned, he is Hound, and Hound is dead

- Sandor will remain with the monks until he hears that the Queen was accused and her champion is an unnaturally tall knight that doesn’t eat or breathe

- This will remind him of his Little Bird and may move him to seek for her, as she would need protection from Cercei and her abominations. He would also be on the move to finally settle the score with his unbrother. So, Sandor will follow Sansa’s trail and appear in the Vale as a monk

- Sandor will remain mute and bound by the vows of his new brotherhood

- Seeing probably the only man that she trusts at her court, Sansa will acquire the sense of protection, and mass out on her own game, which leads to the imminent fall of LF (Vary’s power riddle all over again)

- Before he does so, LF might actually reveal that she is his true daughter, and that Catelyn was whoring with him to spite Ned for Jon

- Sansa will not reveal her identity, and will prevent Sandor from doing so. At least for the best part of tWoW she will stay Alayne Stone

- Remaining his daughter, Sansa will take over LF’s pieces only to become a formidable opponent to anyone screwing over with her

- Other than this, no major developments on the Vale plot line

- Arya will continue with her FM education, and while Sansa will be becoming more and more interesting character, Arya is bound for mediocrity. All the cool things already happened to her, so now is the time for some idling and sporadic outbursts of actions

- She will acquire 2-3 more faces/identities, and will be sent around petty missions through Braavos

- Arya will continue learning 3 new things per day, as this seems to be the FM routine that never changes

- She will not travel anywhere near Westeros or Meereen until about the end of tWoW as her skills and powers are not sufficient for anything seriously badass

- Nevertheless, some FM history and background will be revealed to us through her interaction with the Kindlky Old Man and the Waif. Most importantly, the communication patterns and mechanics between the FM. We may yet see some glass candles burning at the Temple of Black and White

- Arya may also learn some of the background behind the involvement of the FM in politics of Westeros, as well as current targets of the group

- She will almost certainly communicate with Jhaqen

- Her link to Nymeria will strengthen further, only now she will be able to control her direwolf’s actions

- The climax of her chapters will be her assistance to Jon in his battles down North (but later about this)

- Cercei is doomed. Her allies are vanishing as snow under the warm rain

- After the death of Kevan, she will not have any real supporter, but would pretend to still rule the Seven Kingdoms

- The only protection that she has is unGregor, and he will certainly perform well, temporarily. Not only will unGregor beat the champion of the Faith. Who, by the way, would almost certainly be the sweet cousin Lancel

- This will be the last that we see of Lancel

- After the trial Cercei will be redeemed, but somewhat broken. Her mental state will definitely deteriorate. Mad Queen Cercei, this is how she will be known

- Unfortunately, her doom is also the undoing of Tommen. He will not die in tWoW probably, but lots of sufferings are ensued

- Tommen will make friends with one particular small boy, and they will become inseparable. Cercei will believe such a thing is beneficial for the King, but this will be her mistake as the strings of such friendship lead directly to Varys

- The Master of Whispers will keep tap on Tommen, and continue his game from the underground

- On the other side, Qyburn and Cercei will be engaged in the deadly spindown of everything achieved by the generations of rulers

- According to her belief, the Targ revanchist threat is not imminent, so she will start dealing with YG only towards about the end of the book. This short-sightedness will cost dearly as Dorne will ally with Aegon

- On the list of her priorities, the new arch-enemy of a High Septon is the first. Cercei will spend the majority of her page time making blunders, fighting High Septon, and blaming Jamie for everything

- If we see any Bran chapters at all, then only to confirm that the Crannogmen children are well and kicking. The paste that Bran ate was not that of Jojen’s DNA

- Bran will flex some weirnet muscles and tap into the history of Westeros as seen by the trees

- Occasionally, he will warg here and there throughout the continent, so think of Bran as omnipresent, and stay on the lookout for hints that certain acts are directed by him

- Bran will be able to “talk” through the trees. The part where Bloodraven is trying to convince him otherwise, is simply the limitation of BR’s own abilities. But Bran is so much stronger…

- Anyhow, Bran’s existence will be felt on every page. Well, with the exception of the borring Dany chapters

- Stannis, Stannis, oh Stannis

- Stannis has lined up for some serious arse kicking

- Stannis will do it all

- In Stannis we trust

- Actually, lots of plot threads will merge on Stannis Baratheon

- If only for one book, Stannis will become the King of Seven Kingdoms

- But before that, he will take Theon to the Weirwood for sacrifice. He will not kill him though, as Mr Davos Awesome Onion Knight will be waiting for him there with none else, but Rickon Stark, his wild beast of a direwolf Shaggydog, sexy Osha, and entourage of Skaagosi navy seals

- The truth about what Theon did last summer will surface, and while he will not be royally pardoned, at least Stannis may be able to justify why he needs Theon alive just yet

- If I had a choice of saving just one person out of all the great characters, it would be Theon! So, I would like to think that something will happen that prevents Stannis from offing Theon. It is highly unlikely that anything magic will stop the execution, like trees whispering his name, or ravens shouting for him, or anything really. The only way Theon lives is if hard evidence is pressed in front of Stannis’ eyes. That evidence would be Sir Onion Knight’s stubby fingers holding the hand of Rickon

- So, Theon lives, but now his plot line is twinned with Stannis. So, all the events will unfurl in front of his eyes: Stannis will proceed on attacking Bolton and Frey forces at/on the lake, and will beat them. His own little army will become even littler, but nothing stops Stannis, we know that

- He will march on Winterfell, and siege it, but his force is far from enough to take the castle

- This is when Jon Snow – the King of Winter arrives with the horde of winter-proof badies and Nymeria's pack at their side

Well, either that, or Hodor will keep saying “Hodor”

I agree with all of this, except certain points:

- Tyrion finds Tysha again? I don't think so. Tysha is most probably dead. Happy endings? naah.

- Mormont follows Tyrion to Pentos? and why doesn't he go and look for Dany? idk, it may just be the fangirl in me talking ;)

- Sansa real daughter of LF? no! =/

everything else sounds pretty sweet; only that I despise Stannis with all my heart. oh and how does Nymeria gets all the way from the riverlands to Winterfell? because Arya told her to? :)

I agree with all of this, except certain points:

- Tyrion finds Tysha again? I don't think so. Tysha is most probably dead. Happy endings? naah.

- Mormont follows Tyrion to Pentos? and why doesn't he go and look for Dany? idk, it may just be the fangirl in me talking ;)

- Sansa real daughter of LF? no! =/

everything else sounds pretty sweet; only that I despise Stannis with all my heart. oh and how does Nymeria gets all the way from the riverlands to Winterfell? because Arya told her to? :)

Gosh, you read all of this? Wow, thanks!

No happy endings, no. He will just find Tysha, not hook up with her. Tysha, is useful as much as Penny in for Tyrion's awesomeness, his character building motive, so to say. So, he needs to find her to become more at piece with himself, I guess.

Mormont will avoid Dany for the best part of tWoW. As for the Pentos, well, Tyrion will persuade him to come along explaining that they need to go precisely to Pentos if they want to collect some hefty gold for Dany. Adventure as massive as invasion of a continent does require certain funding

Sansa's daddy is LF. For me there's no question about it. I really couldn't justify this by anything but suspitions. Still, the twist would make a welcoming addition to "interestingness" of Sansa, and would make Cat not so of a borring "mother" character.

Dany may not appear much in the book accept for the part where she burns and merges Khalazars. The focus of tWoW will be the Winter...

I also did not post anything on Jon Snow, but that's the best part, because his plot line should be the key to many things in the whole series, so, I don't want to spoil people's expectations and hopes by starting another debate on if Jon is dead or alive, and if he is put in the storage cells or not, or if he is warged into Ghost or not...

Oh, and in the part where Arya gets better grasp of warging and control over Nymeria, she will realize that Nymeria is sensing Ghost. So she will try to find out where he is. This will lead the direwolves towards an epic meeting...

Archived