[Book Spoilers] The Bastard of Bolton confirmed

I'm pretty sure they have Roose talk louder because it'd be really annoying to have to turn up the volume all the way to vaguely make out what he's saying.

Anyway, I was happy to hear Ramsay name dropped, as well as Roose' line that Ramsay would be 'honored' to help :cool4:

This makes me happy.

Although if Ramsay hasn't secretly been cast, doesn't this mean that the sacking of Winterfell can at the earliest happen towards the end of ep. 10 with an extra in a cloak standing in for Ramsay? What's Theon supposed to do for the next 3 episodes until then now that Bran and Rickon have escaped? All he has left is hunting for them, kill the miller's boys, and have a visit from Yara; all of which is easily doable in a single episode.

Well, remember they dont show all storylines in the episode.

My guess is that Theon wont appear in episode 8 (and 9 of course), so he has only two episodes left: 7 will be about the hunt and Yara's visit, and 10 maybe about the beginning of the sack.

Well, remember they dont show all storylines in the episode.

My guess is that Theon wont appear in episode 8 (and 9 of course), so he has only two episodes left: 7 will be about the hunt and Yara's visit, and 10 maybe about the beginning of the sack.

Isn't episode 8 called 'The Prince of Winterfell'? I presume he'll be involved in that.

Oops, yes, forgot this... then the hunt in episode 7 (there some lot of stuff in that, could easily cover a full episode).

Then Yara's visit in the 8.

If the bloke playing Dagmer turns out to be Ramsay, why would he have been at Pyke? It's a nice twist, I'm just not sure it'd work.

That wouldn't make any sense, those Krakens seem wary of any outsiders, anyone who isn't Iron Born, that I don't see HOW Ramsay could possibly infiltrate, let alone WHY he would.

He's not Ramsay, I do however expect that Dagmer will be the one to suggest killing the orphans, he does seem to be the devil on Theon's shoulder.

:agree:

moreover the exit of the boys from the cripts may be the last scene in the series and the winterfell burning around them

i will accept even the Reeds to come next season for this image :bowdown:

Why would they be in the crypts still...when they just "escaped" Winterfell this previous episode? Winterfell is in their rear view already.

Oh come on, Dagmer isn't Ramsay. At most, he's substituting "Reek's" role as the one to egg Theon on with his one or two schemes during his short reign, and take credit for flaying the kids. He'll probably die in the sack.

I'd say Ramsay will be the shocker ending after all. He'll show up to trash the northmen, spend 90% of his appearance in his red armour, then take off his helmet for three minutes and go batshit on the place. It could work, if perhaps a little robbed of the "oh shit, it's Reek... OH SHIT..." reaction in the books.

Why would they be in the crypts still...when they just "escaped" Winterfell this previous episode? Winterfell is in their rear view already.

Yes, that is a little deviation from the books, but it's weird since we were all assuming Luwin would go with them to take care of Rickon... except if they go back to Winterfell at the end after the sack, but that would be strange... maybe Luwin will be killed during the sack and, then, what of Rickon ?

I'm not sold on Ramsay/Reek being completely cut out, we know he won't be appearing directly but I can see him being mentioned to the point where non-readers will know who and what he is without ever seeing him; like Stannis in season 1.

Whether Robb asks Roose to retake Winterfell or not remains to be seen. I'm unsure what evidence there is on this. I can, however, see a change coming where Robb asks him to do this and perhaps Roose declares that Harrenhal is more important, leaving Winterfell to be retaken by his "bastard son", who is again only mentioned. Later on, we would see Theon being overwhelmed and Winterfell being sacked by an unnamed Bolton force, which the audience can only assume is being led by The Bastard of Bolton. Even non-readers should find this compelling and it also doesn't immediately out Roose as a villain, and stays true to the books in that way at least.

I understand quoting yourself is damn lame, but it seems I was actually correct, and I want to parade that fact around.

The group that left Winterfell last night stays together until the Wall or just past it, then Osha splits w/ Rickon and bran proceeds w/ Coldhands or whatever added plot device req'd. No need to drag Luwin on the road.

Otherwise Osha and Rickon are both gone for like 2-3 seasons easily. It's easy to recast a grown up pre-teen as the rediscovered Rickon if that's what happens post Skaggos...but what are you going to do bring Osha back after 3 seasons of being missing? They've went to great length beefing up her character for a reason...they're needing her to fill several roles.

I agree we that we probably won't actually see Ramsay this season. It'll just be a guy in a hood/helmet that conceals his face. Unless they really did secretly cast him, which would be surprising.

We never saw them leave the gates of Winterfell, remember that sweet crypt they built for the show last season? They're in there, that's where they(hopefully) went.

I think the Reek character dynamic is a necessity to even bother with Ramsay, so hopefully he pops out of a dungeon next episode.

Also, I doubt it's illegal or unheard of that certain characters arent announced with the casting, but I could def be wrong.

I don't know that there's always a formal announcement anyway...it's probably 20% official announcement...80% fanboy investigators/news sites unveiling castings. Why would they want to keep a casting secret. Sounds like a lot of energy spent on something with no real value. If Ramsay was actually cast, fandom would know.

Archived