[Book Spoilers] The Bastard of Bolton confirmed

Dagmer doesn't seem to care about Theon's success at all. He almost seems to be egging him on to mock him. Perhaps he hopes to take control when Theon gets himself killed with incompetence. Perhaps he's working for Yara to humiliate Theon so she can keep her place as heir.

Yeah, maybe. Bit early to tell, but he strikes me as loyal enough; I'm not so sure he'd have gone along with this ploy to begin with if he wasn't firmly on Prince Theon's side.

Dagmer doesn't seem to care about Theon's success at all. He almost seems to be egging him on to mock him. Perhaps he hopes to take control when Theon gets himself killed with incompetence. Perhaps he's working for Yara to humiliate Theon so she can keep her place as heir.

I still think Yara may be the one to betray Theon in the absence of Reek. She'll arrive with the Bastard's men posing as "allied forces", or let them in once Ramsay lays siege to Winterfell. It may be done to cement a secret alliance between the Boltons, the Greyjoys and the Lannisters against the Starks.

Otherwise it would be too boring without any sort of twisted betrayal.

Dagmar's role is different - he embodies the few men loyal to Theon who die before his eyes and because of his miscalculations.

Thank the Gods the Bastard of the Dreadfort has been confirmed! I am very excited for him to show up and am truly relieved that he was finally mentioned.

Though I will be very sad if the first "Reek" isn't utilized in some way, or if Ramsay being Reek never occurs. I am sure I will be let down in this regard, but we shall see. Either way, I hope they get someone good for Ramsay, and they don't alter his character to be more "suitable" for TV. (i.e. super attractive, has some sympathy, etc.)

I was extremely happy to hear that Ramsay will be in the show. I really, really hope they cast someone who's willing to put all they've got into being The Bastard of Bolton. Personally, the actors who do the best job on the show (and by that I mean capture the personae of the characters in the books the best) are Tyrion, Varys, Catlyn, and Jaime. Eddard and Tywin use to be among them for me but I don't count Eddard since he's no longer present on the show and I don't count Tywin not at the fault of Charles Dance, but because the writers fucked up his character.

Can't wait to hate (or love) Ramsay.

I'm guessing Ramsey will march on Winterfell with the orginal Reek in tow.

After a short battle, Reek is killed and so the cruel, twisted Ramsey decides to make Theon "Reek 2".

I wonder if they'll show Ramsey and the Lady Hornwood angle?

that is my guess as well for what happens with Reek and New Reek...

Winterfell will fall this season. Alfie had an interview and he said that the actor who plays Dagmer said it was the most awesome scene ever, with fire and stuff. It may not be Winterfell though I suppose... If Theon goes this season though, that means he's gone for like 3 years or so? I think Dagmer will betray Theon this season, perhaps he will betray them to the Dreadfort?

I wonder if people will hate Ramsay or Joff more :P

I look forward to seeing him!

Oho, if we get the Ramsay from the books, I think it's quite easy to say that he's a hell of a lot worse than Joffrey ever was. Joffrey never hunted girls for sport or flayed anyone alive.

A recent casting breakdown for season three indicated that the production is looking for a “male 20-30, but weird and extreme looking.”

I don't know about you, but that sounds conspicuous to me...

AAAAAAAHHH YEAAAAAAAA

Winterfell will fall this season. Alfie had an interview and he said that the actor who plays Dagmer said it was the most awesome scene ever, with fire and stuff. It may not be Winterfell though I suppose... If Theon goes this season though, that means he's gone for like 3 years or so? I think Dagmer will betray Theon this season, perhaps he will betray them to the Dreadfort?

A recent casting breakdown for season three indicated that the production is looking for a “male 20-30, but weird and extreme looking.”

I don't know about you, but that sounds conspicuous to me...

So it's official (except not really): Winterfell falls at the end of this season, to either Dreadfort men and no Ramsay or an unnamed extra wearing a red helmet as Ramsay; Ramsay is cast and introduced next season.

Could either of you provide links to where you found these nuggets of information?

So it's official (except not really): Winterfell falls at the end of this season, to either Dreadfort men and no Ramsay or an unnamed extra wearing a red helmet as Ramsay; Ramsay is cast and introduced next season.

Could either of you provide links to where you found these nuggets of information?

Thronecast, Alfie interview. I think its thronecast anyway, Alfie was such a dork. Maybe the interview is on youtube. Btw isn't confirmed whatsoever, he could be talking about a different scene that HBO have invented for all I know.

http://skyatlantic.sky.com/game-of-thrones/game-of-thrones-uncut-thronecast-alfie-allen-interview

Thronecast, Alfie interview. I think its thronecast anyway, Alfie was such a dork. Maybe the interview is on youtube. Btw isn't confirmed whatsoever, he could be talking about a different scene that HBO have invented for all I know.

http://skyatlantic.s...allen-interview

Yeah my "official" was sarcastic, which I tried to indicate with the "except not really". Sorry if I didn't get that across too well. I do think what I outlined is relatively likely though.

And thanks to both you and Jaime Lannister for the links!

Oho, if we get the Ramsay from the books, I think it's quite easy to say that he's a hell of a lot worse than Joffrey ever was. Joffrey never hunted girls for sport or flayed anyone alive.

Only because he didn't think of it, before he died young. It's probably fortunate for Westeros that those two were born at different ends of the country.

Archived