[Book Spoilers] The Bastard of Bolton confirmed

So what is Roose's plan in sending Ramsay to Winterfell, anyway? Is he already planning to betray the Starks in the show?

I don't think sending Ramsay to Winterfell necessarily means he's intending to betray them yet. If I recall correctly the catalyst for Roose turning his cloak is Robb wedding Jeyne and therefore losing the support of the Freys. As long as Robb marries Jeyne before the sack of Winterfell it'll all still make sense.

On the other hand, Roose and Robb have butted heads in almost all their interactions on the show thus far, so it could well be that show-Roose simply believes Robb incapable of winning the war against the Lannisters.

The news of casting saddens me a little bit, cause I was still holding to the foolish and stupid hope that they secretly already cast him and he would appear in the last moment... I already knew it was a fool's hope, but still ! =D

Amazing he will be there next season !

Did anyone else literally jump and shout with glee when Roose mentioned his son of the Dreadfort? I cannot express how much Ramsay being in the TV series means to me.

Is anyone else sharing my enthusiasm?

Reek, reek, it rhymes with weak.

Funny, I did exactly that, punctuated with "yes" repeatedly. I was kind of worried Roose would be going to Winterfell.

So what is Roose's plan in sending Ramsay to Winterfell, anyway? Is he already planning to betray the Starks in the show?

At the very least it puts Ramsay and the Dreadfort men in control of both Rob's Castle and his Heirs

i think the Dreadford and Winterfell were at war for some time till the Starks finally won the North and put an end to flaying and other fun games of the Boltons

but Ramsay just so an opportunity to his future heritage and after the Hornwood domain he dreamed of a new Lord of the North for the Boltons for his father and in future for himself and acted on it with or without Roose consent as i dont remeber that Roose knew of his plans, and moreover he was wanted by the Winterfell host for the nice treatment of his wife so it was two birds with one stone

I don't think sending Ramsay to Winterfell necessarily means he's intending to betray them yet. If I recall correctly the catalyst for Roose turning his cloak is Robb wedding Jeyne and therefore losing the support of the Freys. As long as Robb marries Jeyne before the sack of Winterfell it'll all still make sense.

On the other hand, Roose and Robb have butted heads in almost all their interactions on the show thus far, so it could well be that show-Roose simply believes Robb incapable of winning the war against the Lannisters.

Bolton said to Theon that Stark were done when he take Winderfell...

I'd like to see Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Ramsay (Henry 8 from the Tudors). They already took Ann Boleyn for Margaery anyway...

THIS

OMG this would the perfect role for him....

I also like that other person who was mention....Cillian something I believe.

Anyways I'll wait to see how the actor does but so far I'm not seeing it. He doesn't strike me as Ramsay yet.

Something seems to be off on the timeline for Ramsey, Roose, Robb

In the show, Robb has been nothing but successful in his war, he has not betrayed the Freys. Is Roose already plotting to betray him? Does he have that much control over his bastard? I Figured that Roose had only decided to betray robb between finding he has married and the RW. Cant recall how does that timeline work with Ramsey capturing Winterfell?

Since Ramsay seems to be working for Roose now, my guess is this:

Next episode is when he tracks down the boys and kills the miller's kids. I'm guessing the show will give us the cliffhanger of Theon stringing up two boys and some of the Winterfell staff wailing in horror.

In the Prince of Winterfell, Yara/Asha comes to visit, drops off a few men, yells at Theon for being a moron for killing the boys, then leaves. Robb & Cat get the news of Bran & Rickon's death. (Twitter explodes with the controversy of killing children, especially a handicapped one)

In episode 10, Ramsay's forces attack Winterfell and overwhelm the 30 or so men with Theon. We'll see some of the initial attack, and then they'll cut away to Theon's final scene with Wintefell burning around him, and Theon being slapped to the ground by Ramsay. (People will be cheering for Ramsay) They'll then have Roose reporting to Robb that Ramsay has retaken Winterfell, but Theon burned most of the structures to the ground when he saw he was losing. Alas, all inside were lost, save Theon who is now a prisoner.

Then, episode 10 closes with Bran & Rickon escaping Winterfell with Hodor and Osha.

i think the Dreadford and Winterfell were at war for some time till the Starks finally won the North and put an end to flaying and other fun games of the Boltons

but Ramsay just so an opportunity to his future heritage and after the Hornwood domain he dreamed of a new Lord of the North for the Boltons for his father and in future for himself and acted on it with or without Roose consent as i dont remeber that Roose knew of his plans, and moreover he was wanted by the Winterfell host for the nice treatment of his wife so it was two birds with one stone

I always thought Roose condoned Ramsay's actions in Cok. How else would Ramsay be able to rather 600 men to sack Winterfell, without the consent of their Lord?

Do you think that they'll backtrack to Winterfell and hide in the crypts like in the book?

Yes - it makes sense because Bran, Rickon, Hodor & Osha are on foot and don't have a chance to escape mounted Theon with dogs (assuming they have horses...)

And, as somebody mentioned upthread, they already have the cool crypt set designed from last year.

I always thought Roose condoned Ramsay's actions in Cok. How else would Ramsay be able to rather 600 men to sack Winterfell, without the consent of their Lord?

I thought he had 300-400 men? But, I could be mistaken. (and, I'm wrong a lot) However, I think Ramsay already had a group of men loyal to him and not his father and was able to use them to gather the men to his cause. Many of them likely thought Ramsay dead when Reek was killed in his place.

Archived