Can I read it that way...

leoss

Yeah, so I have a question concerning ASoS. I finished ACoK and am about to read the third book. The question is if I can read firstly all of Daenerys chapters and then the rest of the book (of course leaving Daenerys ones behind this time).

And the same thing about Jon and Samwell?

Won't there be any connections between those and other characters' chapters? And do you reccomend it?

Cheers!

I don't recommend it but you can do that with Dany's chapters and not spoiler yourself. With Jon and Sam's chapters there are more overlaps with things happening elsewhere - it's not such a good idea to read them separately the first time round.

I read it like that all the time.

Dany's chapters can be read separate, IMO all on their own. But sometimes it is exciting when they mention her over at King's Landing.

For Jon, Sam and Bran, I recommend you not skip too far ahead. I would not read ALL the Jon chapters, and then go back and read Sam's, because they overlap. There were some exciting parts in the middle I read out of order, and actually preferred the order I read it in.

I say if the characters are far away from each other read the stories however you like; it makes no difference. If they are close (Jon, Sam, and Bran are all in the North) you can read them out of order but I wouldn't skip more than 1-2 chapters ahead.

That's just how I do.

I am not yet done with ASOS, about 800 pages in, but like the users said above, Jon's story line starts to overlap with others. Dany is still separate (at least so far) so if you want to read those first I'm sure that's fine, but telling you that is sort of a spoiler in itself.

Archived