Brienne & Stannis?

herald snow

If Brianne were to meet Stannis she would attempt to keep her oath, that is her base, her moral grounding so until something changes ...

That being said, I have a very bad feeling that Stannis's Wife and possibly Mel will burn Shireen at the stake as appeasement to the Wildlings or to appease the Lord of Light. This is going to break Stannis. He loves that girl, even is he has difficulty showing it, and she is his weakness. I hope I am wrong, Shireen is a sweetie, and totally innocent, however the evidence and foreshadowing keep adding up. If Shireen dies at his wife's command and or Mel's.... all hell is going to break loose and Stannis is going to rage kill whoever is responsible.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think Stannis at least suspects that he was responsible for his brother's murder, so it wouldn't surprise him.

If Brienne meets Stannis, she will kill him, as she vowed. Even if they never meet, Stannis still has to pay for that murder. "A good action does not erase a bad one".

Still could be something like each blaming the other for Renly's death, some dialogue like: 'I loved him,' 'so did I,' then possibly turning against Mel. Or not.

The wildlings would be wrecking havock in the north and Jon Snow would CERTAINLY be dead, not maybe. Mance probably woulda attacked Winterfell while the Boltons/Freys/Manderlys were holed up there....no Stannis at the Wall coulda changed the whole course of the book.

Somebody like my comment!

I like this comment. Fuck the wildlings.

Renly is responsible for his own death. He knew he had no claim, but raised an army against his own brother anyway. He may have been more lovable than Stannis, but he was planning himself to be a kinslayer, so his brother killing him instead of him killing his brother is not strictly a matter of murder.

Brienne now knows that The kids on the throne are Jamie's not Robert's. So she knows that everything Stannis claims is true. I am curious to see at what point she acknowledges this and accepts that she probably should not have been fighting for Renly in the first place.

I have always seen Brienne's path taking her to the Kingsguard. Perhaps she will be KG for Aegon, then Stannis will defeat Aegon, making her all of a sudden part of the KG for the man she wants to kill. This will put her in a predicament similar to Jamie's at the end of RR.

If Stannis deserves to die for kinslaying, so do Tyrion and Daenarys.

Daenerys didn't kill anyone from her family.

Back on topic, I have the feeling that, should Brienne and Stannis meet, it will be as reluctant allies. No way Brienne obtains vengeance, in any case : GRRM has made a point about people never getting the revenge they want.

I like Stannis as well. He is really is the best option as King as well. He is also has a lot of funny one liners

"Robert could piss in a cup and men would call it wine, but I offer them cold clear water and they squint in suspicion and mutter to each other about how queer it tastes."

Calling Manderley Ser to fat to ride a horse

And the Frey in winterfel Ser Stupid

I think he is a hoot. I also enjoyed the way he toyed with the maester and interrogated Theon in the sample chapter for WoW

I think that Brienne shouted "Stannis" to Un-Cat which forced her to halt the whole execute Brienne thing. After all, Cat made a vow to Brienne that she would never keep her from avenging Renly by going after Stannis.

I may be completely off the mark but it is a feeling I can not shake. I also think they Frey's will die hard, hard, and super crazy hard for violating the other big NO NO in Westeros which is the violation of Guest Rights.

The word was "Sword"

• 3 weeks later...

Brienne now knows that The kids on the throne are Jamie's not Robert's. So she knows that everything Stannis claims is true. I am curious to see at what point she acknowledges this and accepts that she probably should not have been fighting for Renly in the first place.

Brienne never believed Robert was the true King, so the fact that Stannis is Robert's heir won't matter to her.

"Robert was never the rightful king either, even Renly said as much."

-ACOK

@HairGrowsBack

My memory is a little fuzzy, but she did sit back and watch Khal Drogo melt a pot of gold to pour on her brother's head. He was a nasty piece of work, but could have easily been imprisoned.

On topic, I believe StannisandDaeny put it best. I don't see it ever happening. The only 'destined' battle I see happening is The Hound vs The Mountain.

Brienne wouldn't pull any sneaky tactics to kill Stannis. If she ever got near to him, I imagine her asking for some kind of Trial by Combat, but I don't see Stannis fighting that battle. All in all, the only way Brienne is getting revenge is if she walks in on Stannis alone in the privy.

Archived