The WeirWood Web

romantic

She went to the godswood to meet with Dontos.

Hopefully Bran can 'download' this.

Didn't Theon think he could hear something in the Winterfell Godswood?

Also Jaime went to sleep on a weirwood stump before he dreamed of Brienne.

She went to the godswood to meet with Dontos.

The godswood in the Red Keep uses an oak as a heart tree while greenseeing may only be compatible with weirwood heart trees.

:lol:

Imagine the backtracking!

Sansa: "???!!! Why are people doing *that* in the Goodswood!"

Bran: "Sorry meant to send you some profound prophecy stuff, nevermind the "nature clips", must have come from Bloodraven's stash"

Sansa: "Hmm, I wonder if Myranda might like this".

Bran: "3-eyed crow, why do have this stash?"

Bloodraven: "Well, the only women in this cave are CotF, and since we're different species I don't want to be considered a zoophiliac, and human women never visit. What am I supposed to do sitting here all day with a man's needs? On another note, could you tell your sister that I'd pay twenty dragons for her to remove her dress in front of the heart tree?"

I think Bran and his ability to access and control the weirnet and others is going to lead to the huge reveal of the next book.

Jon was taken out of the picture in his last chapter and is now either dead (very unlikely) or in a coma a al Bran after his fall from the tower. Now the Three Eyed Crow and Bran can come to Jon and everything we've always wanted to know about the Wall but didn't know who to ask - will be revealed to Jon and Bran at the same time. Excellent way to move multiple characters forward with one large info dump and no repeating the process, both characters that need to know about the history of the Starks and the Wall are taken care of and maybe Sam & New Pate can pick up the broadcast on the Glass Candle.

The wolves have the ability to sense each other -- or at least Ghost can sense the others -- so I'm thinking that Arya might connect to the others in her family through her Night Wolf dreams. I'm also thinking that there must be a godswood or something similar in Braavos because just about every other religion in the world is there. Perhaps Arya will visit that shrine. However I also predict that she'll be returning to Westeros soon -- perhaps with Stannis' sellswords? -- so she'll get on Raven Radar soon.

If Bran's power of long distance communication and all-knowing abilities are too powerful then it will ruin the book. If something ever goes wrong, we'll blame Bran because he could have prevented it by doing x y z.

Oh no, so and so died-Bran is so bad, he saved so and so but just watched x die.

And if his powers are too weak, then what was the point of becoming a tree?

:[

If Bran's power of long distance communication and all-knowing abilities are too powerful then it will ruin the book. If something ever goes wrong, we'll blame Bran because he could have prevented it by doing x y z.

Oh no, so and so died-Bran is so bad, he saved so and so but just watched x die.

Well, as Lummel pointed out, Bran is only a little boy, and he really isn't fabulous at communicating so his siblings (or Theon) will believe it. He needs more significant leaf rustling and better crowing from the ravens, for sure. At the moment, I'd say he's too weak to be of much use, so he needs to beef up his weirdwood skills if he wants to be useful. Maybe he can by practising on rhollored UnJon, or pre-rhollored Ghost-warged UnJon. Someone with his consciousness inside a wolf should be perhaps more prone to accepting information from supernatural sources.

What's interesting from Theon's chapters is that Bran seems to hold no particular ill will towards Theon, he seems to want to just communicate with him. There's no menacing feeling from the Bran-tree in Theon's chapter.

iirc GRRM has said that Bran chapters are the most difficult to write and I think what you have said is part of the reason why. It's an incredibly fine balance that GRRM has to achieve in those chapters, drip feeding us information but not too much and preserving some mystery, secrets and difficulty.

If Bran were able to function as weiropeadia and telephone exchange wouldn't things of a sudden become too easy for the Starks?

...What's interesting from Theon's chapters is that Bran seems to hold no particular ill will towards Theon, he seems to want to just communicate with him. There's no menacing feeling from the Bran-tree in Theon's chapter.

He is a sweet prince.

I think Bran will probably be able to plant ideas with the power of suggestion, through ravens and the wind around the Weirwood. Like if John is worrying about who his mother is, Bran might help him to figure it out by crying 'Lyanna' through a raven or something. No character would be like OMFG this tree speaks or this raven is talking to me, they'd all think they figured shit out by themselves, heh.

Well, as Lummel pointed out, Bran is only a little boy, and he really isn't fabulous at communicating so his siblings (or Theon) will believe it. He needs more significant leaf rustling and better crowing from the ravens, for sure. At the moment, I'd say he's too weak to be of much use, so he needs to beef up his weirdwood skills if he wants to be useful. Maybe he can by practising on rhollored UnJon, or pre-rhollored Ghost-warged UnJon. Someone with his consciousness inside a wolf should be perhaps more prone to accepting information from supernatural sources.

What's interesting from Theon's chapters is that Bran seems to hold no particular ill will towards Theon, he seems to want to just communicate with him. There's no menacing feeling from the Bran-tree in Theon's chapter.

I think Bran can communicate with his siblings, like Jon in ACoK, through their dreams, in past, present and future. Bran went into the past and opened Jon's warging abilities, but in a "written in stone kind of view of time" like with prophecy.

I think Bran can communicate with his siblings, like Jon in ACoK, through their dreams, in past, present and future. Bran went into the past and opened Jon's warging abilities, but in a "written in stone kind of view of time" like with prophecy.

Bran went into the past? Really?!

Hm hm hm.

He needs more significant leaf rustling and better crowing from the ravens, for sure.

Tee, hee. I anticpate co-ordinated leaf rustling (a la synchronised swimming) and raven glee groups as possible future activities in Westeros.

He is a sweet prince.

That's why what happens to the Starks is so hard to bear. They're all so decent.

If Jaime ever apologised to Bran and Bran forgave him, I might actually forgive Jaime too.

That's why what happens to the Starks is so hard to bear. They're all so decent.

If Jaime ever apologised to Bran and Bran forgave him, I might actually forgive Jaime too.

A confrontation between Jaime and Bran would be welcoming. The only beef I have with Jaime is pushing Bran out the window, if Jaime offered a sincere, heartfelt apology and Bran forgave him, than maybe I could too.

I think Bran will probably be able to plant ideas with the power of suggestion, through ravens and the wind around the Weirwood. Like if John is worrying about who his mother is, Bran might help him to figure it out by crying 'Lyanna' through a raven or something. No character would be like OMFG this tree speaks or this raven is talking to me, they'd all think they figured shit out by themselves, heh.

I suddenly have an image of Bran in an 'Inception' type loop of weirvisions...

Flying is important. The crows and ravens can fly and watch even where there are no weirwoods. It's Bran's arc. He is 'learning to fly, but he ain't got wings." Apologies to Tom Petty.

The godswood in the Red Keep uses an oak as a heart tree while greenseeing may only be compatible with weirwood heart trees. Bran: "3-eyed crow, why do have this stash?" Bloodraven: "Well, the only women in this cave are CotF, and since we're different species I don't want to be considered a zoophiliac, and human women never visit. What am I supposed to do sitting here all day with a man's needs? On another note, could you tell your sister that I'd pay twenty dragons for her to remove her dress in front of the heart tree?"

I think she did pray under it when she wasn't meeting Dontos.

Flying is important. The crows and ravens can fly and watch even where there are no weirwoods. It's Bran's arc. He is 'learning to fly, but he ain't got wings." Apologies to Tom Petty.

The name "Brân" translates from Welsh as "Raven".

found this because i thought ravens were the same size as crows but theyre not.

it came from Bran the Blessed

many parts of this wiki have things that may or may/not relate to the story even, like guiding souls - people being revived - feast of crows is mentioned as the meaning of a variation of the name - "Seeing that the Irish are using the cauldron to revive their dead, he hides among the Irish corpses and is thrown into the cauldron by the unwitting enemy. He destroys the cauldron from within, sacrificing himself in the process."

who knows?

Archived