BWB London GoT finale party - Thurs 7 June

Great to see everyone. Nice to see quite a few new faces, as well as some BWB veterans.

It was a good choice of pub, nice place and the food was delicious. Thanks for organising it, Toft.

There might not be anything in particular that requires a proper celebration for a while after this

I've been to a lot of BWB meets over the years, I think the ones that actually had a specific reason are probably in the minority.

And I'd like to get a report of who the famous guests were. ;)

There were three people from the show there, Amrita Acharia (Irri), Laura Pradelska (Quaithe) and Miltos (Syrio). They were all very friendly, it was nice of them to show up.

They were lovely, but swore us all to secrecy I'm afraid :P

:P :P :P

There were three people from the show there, Amrita Acharia (Irri), Laura Pradelska (Quaithe) and Miltos (Syrio). They were all very friendly, it was nice of them to show up.

Thank you :) :) :)

Of the three I only met Miltos. :)

He was on our bus last year and it was great fun! :D

Great meet-up last night in London, one of our best attended with 30 people there at one point. Good to see faces old and new. I chatted with Lord Jo Favourite Spearwife about some exciting ideas and plans for TitanCon - more on that as and when we can reveal the details.

It was about 9.20 when Laura Pradelska (Qaithe) and Amrita Acharia (Irri) arrived. I'm not sure they knew what they'd let themselves in for and might have been a bit overwhelmed by the reception, but they were lovely and wanted to know all about the BWB, how we met, what we do when we get together. They were interested and interesting as well. And they wanted to meet and chat with everyone, happy to be in photos with us - like this one. It was nice to put a face to Qaithe, see what's beneath the mask. I had a chat with Amrita about our mutual friend in LA Jake Stormoen. But they had an early start the next morning so they left about 10.30, Laura had to drag Amrita away in the end.

It was at this point I found out we had two gatecrashers with us. MC Geek had tweeted Mitch Benn to say our party was the best in town and he should come join us, and he did! Bringing horror writer Sarah Pinborough along with him. They were both lovely and it was really nice to meet them.

About half an hour after Laura and Amrita left us Miltos Yerolemou arrived, exhausted but he made it as promised. He'd just come off stage from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe show where he is appearing as Ginarrbrik, the Ice Queen's evil dwarf henchman, although he plays it as a comic character. He chatted with some fans and did well to stay on his feet because he was really tired after all the wirework and jumping around he does in this production. Miltos left about quarter to midnight and I went soon after, getting home just after 1 am.

Good times and hopefully we'll do it again soon.

Great to see so many faces, old and new! I'm pleased the venue went down well: I like that pub and they are good to organise things with. Thank you to Lords Jo and Mountain Goat for bringing along our friendly guests!

It was suggested that we might do another meet-up before the Olympics shut down the whole of London for two weeks, and I'm happy to sort such a thing out. Any suggestions for dates?

I enjoyed last night and it was great to meet up with people after meeting a number at Eastercon. I was slightly annoyed that I had to leave early - unfortunately it was that or have a 20 min walk after catching the train.

An aside: yesterday I told my wife that I was meeting up with people from BWB so she went okay. She only realised this morning what the BWB are the fan club for and was very annoyed with me for not telling her otherwise she would have come along.

It was great to see you all. We must do it more often. Thank you Toft, and let me know if I can help organise the next one.

Oh, by the way, Mike (my uninitiated +1 has now seen the first half of season 1 of GoT...

Archived