The three dragon riders are

houseHB

Dany rides Drogo, obviously.

Jon rides Rhaegal, assuming R+L=J proves true and Martin brings in a twist that leaves Jon alive after getting Caesarised, or rather alive in non-wolf form.

Barristan Selmy rides Viserion, because he's motherfucking Barristan Selmy.

Drogon - Dany

Viserion - Tyrion

Rhaegal - Bran

Dany and Tyrion are obvious, they'll certainly be with the dragons and teamed up by the time they return to Westeros, therfore the third dragonrider should be very hard to find and be something Dany looks for in all the wrong places.until just before the final battle.

Plus if nothing else i want to Bran to at least fly in some sense of the word, rather then "fly" meaning be even less mobile the you were as a cripple, even if you can now look out from every heartree in history.

I think the three dragons may just be symbolism for three Targaryens who will ally and wreak holy havoc on everyone else. I'm talking about Dany's vision here. This is not meant to be interpreted as literally three real dragons, but three Targs who will come back to try to wrest the Iron Throne away.

We know of two Targaryens already, Dany and Aegon. Who is the third? Jon is a logical choice, if R + L = J is true. But this is possiby a gigantic red herring that has half of this forum totally snookered. In any case, if this theory is true then we'll find out soon who the third is.

I really hope Tyrion doesn't become one. I've always loved him as the strategist, never been a fan of him actually leading the charge and being in combat. I'd much rather see him become an advisor to Dany.

The "Dragon dreams" Aeomon talks about the Targaryans having sound suspiciously like the Wolf drams the Stark kids have before they learn how to warg. Under the assumption that Dragon riders are really warging I'm going to say the 2 Targaryans and one of the other Starks. So my list is

Dany - Drogon

Viserion - Jon. (Viserion is similar coloring to Ghost)

Rhaegal - Arya

I'm going with Arya on Rhaegal for the last one because of her similarities to Lyanna give her a connection to Rhaegal's namesake Rhaeger. The fact that she's "been" a number of predatory animals and has generally been moving "up" the food chain so a dragon would be a logical conclusion. She has a fascination for historical female figures like Rhaenys. That could also apply to Visenya but Rhaenys was the younger sister like Arya and was physically more like Arya.

One question about Tyrion riding a dragon: Isn't he afraid of heights? He wasn't big fan of the sky cells or road to Erye.

I don't think you need to be afraid of heights in general to be afraid of a sky cell in the Eyrie.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind seeing some slavers get their revenge and become one or two dragon riders. Assuming one only person can ever ride one dragon, then I guess I would to give Drogon to Dany. Maybe a Frey or something otherwise

If ice dragons exist, I suppose it'd be badass if Ramsay Bolton got on, it would make his hunts all the more fun for him.

If ice dragons exist, I suppose it'd be badass if Ramsay Bolton got on, it would make his hunts all the more fun for him.

Oh...my...that sounds just terrifying.

I think it's very possible Dany isn't even one of the riders. She might decide to retire from conquering or die.

I thought that dragons didn't choose a new rider until the old one died, though, so retiring wouldn't be an option for this scenario (someone help me out - am I wrong?).

Clearly you're going to need some sort of edge if you're going to control and ride a dragon. Quentyn Martell pretty much proved that not anybody can do it. :-) So, I'm guessing:

1. Daenerys - If I remember right, near the end of Dance she was having dreams in which she was Drogon. Since that seems to be the first step towards being able to warg into things, I'm guessing she's going to end up controlling Drogon by entering his mind.

2. Victarion - He's got the horn, he'll figure out how to use it.

3. Tyrion - His edge is that he's read up on dragons more than anyone else in the books and knows more than anyone else about the care and feeding and training of dragons.

Of course, Victarion and Daenerys are incompatible as allies, but that's okay thanks to Quentyn. As I see it, the sole purpose of Quentyn's story arc is to get the two dragons released so that Dany no longer has them. It seems to me that three separate factions, each with one dragon, rather than Dany and two pals controlling three is exactly the sort of chaos that Martin thrives on.

Then again, given my track record of predicting things in this series, if I predict the sun is going to rise in the east, book six will start "??? gazed westward towards the rising sun."

Archived