The three dragon riders are

houseHB

I thought a clue to the riders could have been given in ADWD, where Tyrion is in Volantis with Joah and he spies three heads on a bridge.

One was a woman who had struck her mistress, and i thought Dany as she struck Viserys (she seemed to be a slave to him all her life)

The second a man who was fomenting rebellion, and spying for the dragon queen. I presumed Jon as he is rebelling in the ranks of the Nightwatch, rather than staying neutral. And there is the possibilty of contact with Dany to come.

(Wannabe Aegon could also be considered here)

The last head however was a man whom killed his father, which of course i presume to be Tyrion.

Drogon - Dany

Viserion - Tyrion

Rhaegal - Jon

I'm not too sure if Aegon is fake or not but GRRM said that you don't have to be a Tarygaryen to be a rider, so even if Aegon really is a Targaryen he may not be a rider.

Anyway, there is another link between the three. IF the Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon theory is true then the mothers of Dany, Tyrion and Jon all died in childbirth.

Rhaella Targaryen died giving birth to Dany.

Joanna Lannister died giving birth to Tyrion.

Lyanna Stark died giving birth to Jon. (If R+L=J is true.)

However, if the riders have to be Targaryen than there is the whole theory of Tyrion being the bastard of Joanna Lannister and Aerys Targaryen. We know Aerys liked Joanna or desired her, so it could be possible. I'm not a huge fan of this theory though.

Jon, Bran and Arya, Dany is just the delivery girl. Stepping ashore in KL claiming that the Iron throne is hers by right doesn't work that well.

Three Starks riding around westeros bring vengeance, independence for the North, and all around bad-assery? Sign me up.

Three Starks riding around westeros bring vengeance, independence for the North, and all around bad-assery? Sign me up.

That would be pretty cool. All three would have their own direwolf and dragon, then. Epicness. But I seriously doubt this would happen. Jon and Bran are possibilities, but Arya? I don't think so. I just want her and Nymeria to reunite.

Victarion might control one of the dragons long enough to get it back to Westeros, but the riders will be Jon, Dany, and Tyrion. Jon and Dany have the Targ blood, some warging ability and cartloads of courage, but Tyrion has something more powerful...knowledge.

Sansa will be one for sure, it's been foreshadowed since ACoK at least.

1. When she's on top of Maegor's Holdfast and doubles over from her cramps, the Hound catches hold of her and says, "Does the little bird think she can fly?"

2. After she escapes from KL and is in the Eyrie, she watches a falcon circling and wishes she could fly away from there

3. At the Inn at the Crossroads, the Tickler or Polliver, can't remember who, tells Sandor that Sansa turned into a wolf with leather wings like a bat and flew away from King's Landing.

Hmmm, and she's called Little Bird since AGoT... Maybe that's where the foreshadowing started. Birds fly, after all...

Also, we know the show producers know in general how the storyline is going to go. In the show, Sansa wears a dragonfly pendant, a dragonfly ring, and in an interview once Sophie Turner said that her corset is embroidered with dragonflies... Some of her dresses have had dragonflies embroidered on them.

Dragon. Flies.

I think it's a hint that Sansa is going to become a dragon rider.

Only Targaryens ride dragons! So stop it with all this Jon stuff.

1) I don't believe that first statement is true.

2) I see you're new here - welcome! Jon being included in the Targaryen lineup is because of the R+L=J theory. If you don't know what it is, there's a pretty good overview on the wiki.

Sansa will be one for sure, it's been foreshadowed since ACoK at least.

1. When she's on top of Maegor's Holdfast and doubles over from her cramps, the Hound catches hold of her and says, "Does the little bird think she can fly?"

2. After she escapes from KL and is in the Eyrie, she watches a falcon circling and wishes she could fly away from there

3. At the Inn at the Crossroads, the Tickler or Polliver, can't remember who, tells Sandor that Sansa turned into a wolf with leather wings like a bat and flew away from King's Landing.

Hmmm, and she's called Little Bird since AGoT... Maybe that's where the foreshadowing started. Birds fly, after all...

Also, we know the show producers know in general how the storyline is going to go. In the show, Sansa wears a dragonfly pendant, a dragonfly ring, and in an interview once Sophie Turner said that her corset is embroidered with dragonflies... Some of her dresses have had dragonflies embroidered on them.

Dragon. Flies.

I think it's a hint that Sansa is going to become a dragon rider.

I think the flying references are more likely to be hinting towards Sansa potentially warging into a bird.

I think the dragonfly pendants may be a bit of a stretch too.

Also, I've always imagined that a Dragon Rider would need to be 'hot-tempered', or at least have a more dominant personality than Sansa. But then again, this is just my opinion - its not mentioned in ASOIAF or anything...

As for the three dragon riders... I would be so happy if Dany died, Aegon was a fake and the three Dragon riders would be Stark kids...... but thats so unlikely.

It will probably be Dany (dragon), Aegon (Rhaegal....should he be a real Targ), and Jon (Viserion, if L+R is true)

I believe that if Jon or Aegon don't become one, then a certain young paraplegic is gonna warg the shit out of the remaining dragon

I agree with the second part. After all, didn't the three-eyed crow tell Bran he would fly? Aw yeah :D

1) I don't believe that first statement is true.

2) I see you're new here - welcome! Jon being included in the Targaryen lineup is because of the R+L=J theory. If you don't know what it is, there's a pretty good overview on the wiki.

R+L=J isn't a proven theory! And I have the impression that you must be 100% Valyrian to ride one (or married in house Valerion or Blackfyre). And I highly doubt that Daenerys would let Jon(a man that she has never met or even heard of) ride her dragons that not only she kept, but birthed. It is also probable that Arrianne might ride one by speculating that Deanerys will ally herself with house Martell.

R+L=J isn't a proven theory! And I have the impression that you must be 100% Valyrian to ride one (or married in house Valerion or Blackfyre). And I highly doubt that Daenerys would let Jon(a man that she has never met or even heard of) ride her dragons that not only she kept, but birthed. It is also probable that Arrianne might ride one by speculating that Deanerys will ally herself with house Martell.

So you're taking one theory as fact over another? That doesn't make sense.

And Arianne's hardly someone Dany's met or heard of. Why Arianne over Jon?

Judging by the state we left things in at the end of Dance, do you really think Dany has enough control over her dragons to just decide who can or can't ride them?

Archived