The three dragon riders are

houseHB

So you're taking one theory as fact over another? That doesn't make sense.

And Arianne's hardly someone Dany's met or heard of. Why Arianne over Jon?

Judging by the state we left things in at the end of Dance, do you really think Dany has enough control over her dragons to just decide who can or can't ride them?

Then why on earth. Would Jon ride one of the dragons. This thread isn't called 'Will Dany manage to ride her dragons?' is is called; 'the three dragon riders' see the difference? Jon Is a member of the nights watch that has also once betrayed it, why would Dany give an enemy westerosi a dragon? But then again, she might not ride them all at Once In a battle. Jon riding a dragon is just a likely that Theon Greyjoy marrying Myrcella, it just makes no sense, and Aegon, Targaryen or Blackfyre is blood of her blood with Dany. Only Targaryen can ride dragons(only few properly and that's why it was stupid to kill Viserys). The more dragons are on the field the more likely is that the battle will be won. So it could also be Arrianne because she has Dragon Blood in her family line and the Martells are good ally's. Jon fans are too blind about the truth. Lyanna Stark+Rhaegar Targaryen=Jon snow is a theory. Such a big theory that it's fan made. None of us except GRR Martin know what 'Promise me Ned' is supposed to mean. It could mean promise me that you won't tell Robert that I love Rhaegar, promise me that you will bury me in the Crypts of Winterfell... And so on!

There will be two sets of dragon riders.

Set one

Drogon - (black/red) - Dany

Rhaegal - (green/black) - Jorah

Viserion - (white/cream) - Barristan

targaryen colours, mormont colours and kingsguard colours

Set two

Drogon - (black/red) - Dany

Rhaegal - (green/black) - Tyrion

Viserion - (white/cream) - Jon

targaryen colours, tyrions hetrochromatic eyes (one green and one black) and Stark white with a white wolf rather than grey for jon snow and ghost.

Only Targaryen can ride dragons(only few properly and that's why it was stupid to kill Viserys)!

I think someone already mentioned this on this topic: GRRM said himself that there is no need for the dragon riders to be Targaryens. I think he's leaving the door open for non-Targs riding in dragons in the end. So, Jon could very well ride a dragon and not be a Targ. Or he could be a Targ and not riding it...

My Guess:

Dany (mother of dragons), Bran (bada** warg and the 3 eyed bird told him he would fly) and the 3rd I haven't decided yet (Jon, Tyrion or Aegon if he's the real one)...

Women and children will scream in terror and weep, battle hardened soldiers will break formation and run for it or stand still frozen with fear and soiling themselves as the terrible winged beast descends bringing fire, destruction and death wherever it goes. And atop the dragon's back sits a lone warrior striking fear in peoples hearts with his mighty battle cry . . . . "HOT PIE !!!!!"

I think someone already mentioned this on this topic: GRRM said himself that there is no need for the dragon riders to be Targaryens. I think he's leaving the door open for non-Targs riding in dragons in the end. So, Jon could very well ride a dragon and not be a Targ. Or he could be a Targ and not riding it...

My Guess:

Dany (mother of dragons), Bran (bada** warg and the 3 eyed bird told him he would fly) and the 3rd I haven't decided yet (Jon, Tyrion or Aegon if he's the real one)...

Yes Bran seems a logical explanation. It could be like this;

Dragon: Dany

Rhaegal: Bran maybe

Viserion: Aegon 'VI'

But seriously Jon is a crow of the n

My Guess:

Yes Bran seems a logical explanation. It could be like this;

Dragon: Dany

Rhaegal: Bran maybe

Viserion: Aegon 'VI'

But seriously Jon is a crow of the night watch. Then of everybody is obbsessed with Jon being a rider than why not Clegane because he is awesome at riding? Or even Melisandre because she loves fire. Let's stop with this Jon=Targaryen theory. Jorah would've seemed very logical however he was exiled from Dany's group.

The three heads of the dragon and Dragon riders will be 3 children of Rhaegar's from 3 different women:

1: R + L = J

2: R + Ellia = Aegon

3: R + Joanna = Tyrion:

To further explain, Joanna caught Tywin with a whore (reaso he is publically anti-whore is he cannot resist them) to get back at him she seduced Rhaegar, the young stud, contributing to his meloncholly persona. Making Tyrion his oldest child from his first sexual experience.

far fetched but I like it...

Everyone is stuck on only three riders... I think everyone forgets that a rider may only have one dragon, but a dragon many riders. Therr will be more than three, when one dies another takes the place..

I see the lone warrior strikeing fear possible as the Iron captian ( mind fart forget his name..) He does have the horn to controll them. And therefore mabie is the murmers dragon.

Quent may also be.. A burnt body died.. And the way the dornish men were acting makes me think they are hidding the truth. Mabie he tamed one and while the other started attacking, the dragon may have saved him and flown off. After all those two dragon had started fighting eachother before being put in the pit.

Ben plum seems to have warmed the drgons up to him... And he holds some key to them.

My thoughy is that some will ride the drogons with magic( as they did in the old days) and some with love and discepline ie. Dany thier mother.. Ben plumm ( my theory and I dono if anyone has talked about it.. but I think his family line where the dragon keepers in the past when they were held in the pits)

I like the idea of bran. And beleave aegon will ride ( and he is real... Even with the murmer's dragon thing.. The dragon is not the murmer the murmer is..)

Well thats my 3cents

* just want to add.. if there is an unjon thing that goes on... would he ride using the horn victorain has?? .. no LIVING man will blow it and live ( just cought myself .. does the quote in the book state persons or MAN? .. if only man thats a whole new topic)

1) Dany

2) Tommen

3) Sansa

Tommen is shown to have an affinity for a variety of animals and Sansa lost Lady but might be happier with a dragon instead.

Alternately, should Sansa give Littlefinger a loving embrace out the Moondoor or Tommen meet with a tragic accident then they could be replaced by Tyrek and Meera.

OK, this should end all discussion here because it is hyperbolically exact ;-)

1. Dany

2. Aegon

3...drumroll...tensions building....Hodor! Wait, I have logic here. Bran will warg Hodor, who will then fly Viserion. We know the 3-eyed crow told Bran he would fly. And we know Bran can warg Hodor. And who has been carrying Bran around on his shoulders for the last 5 fricking books? Seems only fair that the tables get turned a bit, does it not? Bran will find out the big lug has a magic touch with dragons and use that greenseer brain of his to figure out how to do the deed.

Yes I know. Inarguable.

Then why on earth. Would Jon ride one of the dragons. This thread isn't called 'Will Dany manage to ride her dragons?' is is called; 'the three dragon riders' see the difference? Jon Is a member of the nights watch that has also once betrayed it, why would Dany give an enemy westerosi a dragon? But then again, she might not ride them all at Once In a battle. Jon riding a dragon is just a likely that Theon Greyjoy marrying Myrcella, it just makes no sense, and Aegon, Targaryen or Blackfyre is blood of her blood with Dany. Only Targaryen can ride dragons(only few properly and that's why it was stupid to kill Viserys). The more dragons are on the field the more likely is that the battle will be won. So it could also be Arrianne because she has Dragon Blood in her family line and the Martells are good ally's. Jon fans are too blind about the truth. Lyanna Stark+Rhaegar Targaryen=Jon snow is a theory. Such a big theory that it's fan made. None of us except GRR Martin know what 'Promise me Ned' is supposed to mean. It could mean promise me that you won't tell Robert that I love Rhaegar, promise me that you will bury me in the Crypts of Winterfell... And so on!

I'm sure you haven't noticed this, but I haven't posted my predictions of who the dragons riders will be, because I can't even begin to guess. This includes Jon as a dragon rider - I'm not sure one way or the other. I wasn't arguing with you to convince you that Jon will be a dragon rider, I was arguing with you because I believe your argument has holes in it. And I still hold by this:

R+L=J is a theory.

This

Only Targaryen can ride dragons

is also a theory.

As Braavosi Sealady pointed out...

I think someone already mentioned this on this topic: GRRM said himself that there is no need for the dragon riders to be Targaryens. I think he's leaving the door open for non-Targs riding in dragons in the end.

it is potentially a debunked theory (I'd love a quote, if you have one. Please?).

My point is that you are taking your interpretation as pure fact, even though it is based on something that is no more true than R+L=J. And then you take it a step further by stating that all supporters of Jon as a dragon rider are blinded by their love for Jon.

Jorah would've seemed very logical however he was exiled from Dany's group.

Oh, now, Jorah's definitely not a Targaryen.

My thoughy is that some will ride the drogons with magic( as they did in the old days)

Hmmm...well, Melisandre did seem to have the uncanny ability to make Ghost warm up to her rather quickly. I'm not suggesting that Melisandre would be one of the riders, but the idea of magic has some merit.

Ghost is a diff topic... I think he warmed up because he has a connection with fire.. Beyond the wall with letting the wildling in he was the only one who seemed not to feel the cold.. Much like the fire priest

Ghost is a diff topic... I think he warmed up because he has a connection with fire.. Beyond the wall with letting the wildling in he was the only one who seemed not to feel the cold.. Much like the fire priest

Off topic: I think Ghost's tolerance for the extreme weather conditions North of the Wall is largely in part due to the fact that he is a Direwolf....not because he has a connections with fire. I also think his connection to Melisandre wasn't necessarily about fire, but rather it was a failed opportunity for Jon to realize that he can trust Melisandre

Hmmm...well, Melisandre did seem to have the uncanny ability to make Ghost warm up to her rather quickly. I'm not suggesting that Melisandre would be one of the riders, but the idea of magic has some merit.

I think that magic could be likely. I'm sure an entire religion completely dedicated to light and flames is likely to have a few tricks when it comes to Dragons - fire in flesh

Jon is an interesting one for me. The reason he seems most likely as a dragon rider is also the reason for being apprehensive that it will be less than satisfying - Jon has a huge amount of hero armour and protaganist power. If Jon gets a dragon will it be because of his character development, or will it be because he's Jon, and Jon gets given things because he's Jon?

Still, we have two more books to go in which the entire game will probably change about twenty times.

For the time being, things that I find more entertaining to imagine than Dany or Jon as dragonriders:

Davos on a dragon.

UnCat on a dragon.

Left and Right on a dragon.

Nymeria on a dragon.

A dragon on a dragon.

The final three are jon,dany and jamie....

All were reborn and possibly fit the AA theories,

Jamie I need to kook into more bit fits reborn and is alowing his love to die also...

Also if the mad king raeing his mom theory is true they are then all targ. Adds more meaning to his aunt telling him tywins some isnt him but tyron

Archived