Will Tyrion and Tysha ever reunite?

FacelessDude

Now there's an intriguing possibility. Tyrion seems to have very strong emotions regarding her. It's hard to say how he would react if he saw her again. I did not think of this before, but now I really hope it will happen.

I really hope not. No need to rehash that at all as that would be for no reason. I don't think GRRM would do this either.

I don't think he has strong feelings towards her, just the idea of her and he was so young at the time, bt also the situation and that he was so deceived by his brother and father and now has strong feelings of resentment for them.

• 2 weeks later...

What would be the point? He had to have learned his lesson by now that Tysha and Shae were with him only for his money. My opinion - no.

Hang on, wasn't the big reveal in SoS that Tysha wasn't originally a whore after all, and did genuinely love him?

I hope they get reunited, although I'd imagine they'll both find it difficult to accept the people they've become.

Hang on, wasn't the big reveal in SoS that Tysha wasn't originally a whore after all, and did genuinely love him?

I hope they get reunited, although I'd imagine they'll both find it difficult to accept the people they've become.

SPOILER below if you haven't finished asos don't read on/

Yes Jaime told tyrion she wasn't a whore.Thats why he killed tywin.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, it's quite likely that Tysha is dead somewhere in the lands around Casterly Rock. Even if she wasn't actually a whore (spoilers), then sleeping with Tyrion so soon after almost being raped means she can't exactly be of a high moral fibre. Let's not forget, Robb's armies did a lot in the Lannister lands, and judging by the hanging of the women who 'lay with lions', I doubt Tysha would have lasted through the war.

And I hope that Tyrion give up on her. To be completely honest, he needs a story arc, after KL, that doesn't revolve solely around whores, or women who might have been whores. It's all a little repetitive, and I thought the business with Shae was by far the worst part of his story, pre-aDwD

What would be the point? He had to have learned his lesson by now that Tysha and Shae were with him only for his money. My opinion - no.

Did you finish A Storm of Swords? In case you haven't I'll use spoiler tags:

I don't think Tysha was with him for the money. Tysha was not a whore. That was a lie that Tywin forced Jaime to tell Tyrion to teach him a lesson. Jaime confessed the truth when he was rescuing Tyrion from the cell. Realizing the whole story was not contrived as he was led to believe by his father and his brother, Tyrion hit a breaking point and snapped, killing Shae for her falseness and his father for ruining his life. He also said that he would repay Jaime for the lie despite the fact that Jaime had just saved him.

That said, I don't think they would ever meet although Tyrion will surely try to find her. Shae was a different case from Tysha.

Unlikely. The one thing I don't like about George Martin is how he leaves so many emotional loose ends when it comes to character relationships. Be it Ned/Jon, Catelyn/Littlefinger or Catelyn/Bran/Rickon, Theon/Robb.

True but in reality, death claims people whether we get to tie up our "emotional loose ends" with them or not. Estranged parents and children pass away without reconciliation and people who promise to meet again never do. If anything, I like that aspect of ASOIAF; it shows that the plans and intentions of people mean nothing to the tugs of circumstance and the unpredictability of death.

To be honest, it's quite likely that Tysha is dead somewhere in the lands around Casterly Rock. Even if she wasn't actually a whore (spoilers), then sleeping with Tyrion so soon after almost being raped means she can't exactly be of a high moral fibre. Let's not forget, Robb's armies did a lot in the Lannister lands, and judging by the hanging of the women who 'lay with lions', I doubt Tysha would have lasted through the war.

And I hope that Tyrion give up on her. To be completely honest, he needs a story arc, after KL, that doesn't revolve solely around whores, or women who might have been whores. It's all a little repetitive, and I thought the business with Shae was by far the worst part of his story, pre-aDwD

I think you are confusing the timeline of events. The war began several years after the incident with Tysha. Furthermore, the incident happened close to Casterly Rock. I don't think many northern soldier would be knowledgeable about a minor incident that occurred a couple of decades before in the West and having neither seen the girls for themselves nor being aware of her movements since.

I disagree with your evaluation that "sleeping with Tyrion so soon after almost being raped means she can't exactly be of a high moral fibre".

The business with Shae was, I think, a wake up call for Tyrion and I hope he treats it as such. I haven't read A Dance with Dragon or A Feast For Crows as yet.

I hope that Tyrion and Tysha don't end up meeting because their story was a long time ago and if they fall in love all over again that would be a little too cheesy for George Martin. I hope that we do see Tysha again though, but through someone elses eyes... maybe lucky Samwell lol any ideas who she would run in to? Maybe Tysha is a priestess or something now.

But I kinda hope Tysha is in a bad place myself... maybe she turned in to a sad whore who is crazy about her lost love... justify how Tyrions emotions are rational because each lover had been so fond of the other. Who knows, maybe Sam will get some! lol

True but in reality, death claims people whether we get to tie up our "emotional loose ends" with them or not. Estranged parents and children pass away without reconciliation and people who promise to meet again never do. If anything, I like that aspect of ASOIAF; it shows that the plans and intentions of people mean nothing to the tugs of circumstance and the unpredictability of death.

I totally agree with this. It would be nice for Tysha and Tyrion to meet again and have a happy ending...but if there's one thing we know about GRRM, it's that he's not into warm fuzzy happy endings. They're just not realistic. My guess is that they will never see each other again.

To be completely honest, he needs a story arc, after KL, that doesn't revolve solely around whores, or women who might have been whores. It's all a little repetitive, and I thought the business with Shae was by far the worst part of his story, pre-aDwD

Then why is he always asking where do whores go?

• 1 year later...

I hope that Tyrion and Tysha don't end up meeting because their story was a long time ago and if they fall in love all over again that would be a little too cheesy for George Martin. I hope that we do see Tysha again though, but through someone elses eyes... maybe lucky Samwell lol any ideas who she would run in to? Maybe Tysha is a priestess or something now.

But I kinda hope Tysha is in a bad place myself... maybe she turned in to a sad whore who is crazy about her lost love... justify how Tyrions emotions are rational because each lover had been so fond of the other. Who knows, maybe Sam will get some! lol

Yes i agree with you that we may see Tysha again only by sb else eyes

i think it would serve very well GRRM

I agree on the "cheesiness" factor.

At the most I believe he might find out "where whores go", but that's about it. He might find out what became of her, but I don't think he'll have some fairy tale reunion with his long lost love.

Did you even read ASOS to the end? Tysha wasn't with him for his money, except in Tywin's twisted, commoner-despising mind.

I thought the flashbacks in Tyrion's last chapter in ACOK already showed that she really loved him, even before I learned that she was no prostitute in the first place (and really, even before that reveal, we know she was a 14-year old virgin, how "experienced" in fooling men did Tyrion think she was, while he still believed Jaime paid her? It just shows how insecure he was).

Archived