My elaborate and well thought out theory:

What if, and bear with me this could get interesting.....

What if Old Valyria is speaking of a history, a past so distant that only rumors and fragments, just prophecies and trickles of blood remain. What if the ancestors that we know of (think of the oldest Targaryens, think of Starks Tomb), what if they are only the great great great great(etc for exaggerated effect...) grandkids, of a time when dragons were their pets, raised a couple to a family. I believe that in this time, blowing a horn could bind your specific dragons to your family (your bloodline). Hatching new dragons requires the sacrifice of an Elder in your family, thus the blood price is paid. Sacrifices are on a Pyre, burning the Elder with an egg causes it to hatch, but only blowing a horn in its presence can control it. Now if you're thinking I'm crazy, it gets better...

The Red Priest/Priestess' are a lost art. In order to bind a dragon to your family, you must have a red priest's kiss of life given to the horn blower...That person, and (possibly..) all those that are born of them, control that dragon.. Valar Marghulis . Valar Dohaeris.

Now the only thing I can't figure out is the prophecies... My theory focuses on how far displaced we are from this past, how much time have the prophecies had to spread around the world, to mutate and disconnect....

All of the prophecies are one and the same, they are each a piece of a much larger puzzle:

War broke out. A particularly powerful and disease resistant bloodline started to collect dragons. They lived longer, healthier lives. Eventually it got so they had many "Elders", thus many chances to hatch, and many strapping young males that could bind them. Through Evolution there came a dominant house. More dragons=More Power. The only hole I have is the existence of "other magic". Greenseers, Wargs, spells at the wall.... Unless they are all revealed to be traced back to "Rhllor"....

Maybe the world decided that these families were too powerful and that order had to be restored... then through the laws of balance, other families would develop coping mechanisms to defend themselves. Greenseers would be able to scope far away, safer, lands, and could make the Journey there. (Now in most cases retreating to a Northern, Icy region to be left alone for awhile is very cowardly, but not entirely without Honor....) In fact, we can assume that the "Stark" family was very honorable and in fact very smart. They built the wall to ward off the mass of growing undead their rather large and rather safe family started accumulating. In fact, they built an underground memorial to them... I can see the Stark tomb leading all the way to the wall and passing under... ;) The undead wildlings are Stark ( and possibly other....) ancestors. I forsee one being able to help explain all this.... In High Old Valaryian of course...

Other families were smaller, but no less powerful. The Lannisters had a dragon or two, but very few had other skills. The Reeds are a Stark shootoff that must have been interbreeding Greenseers. The Faceless men aqquired a type of Camoflauge, but became vigilante because of their lack of dragons and small family size. Now I could go into detail about each family, and who they probably came from and what they developed... but the main ones are Stark, Targaryen, Greyjoy, etc.

Targaryen seemed to be the biggest, strongest family. They were known to interbreed siblings, so whatever genetic abilities they had must have been strong and select. I don't think we even know what those with Targaryen blood are capable of. They might be able to master all the abilities, or they may have multiple... Jon seems to be a warg, but what if he is also a Greenseer and gets the kiss of life? becomes a red priest?

To continue with the overall arcing theory...... Surely this ancient Stark ancestor North of the Wall lives in a fortress. An Icy escape for the original Starks that had to be abandoned and is now a Zombie kingdom. He would have artifacts and relics from Old Valyria in nerd-gasimgly like new condition. I'm talking Pure Valyrian steel swords, horns upon horns to control legions of dragons. “Next you will be offering me a suit of magic armor and a palace in Valyria.(book5, tyrion chapter)” Enough to Jump start a select few distinct new bloodlines... Maybe the prophecy is even very clear on that one: 3 horns left= 3 heads to the "dragon"..... This undead Stark could be just waiting to see who figures it out.... This Stark would have to be very powerful, he would be a Warg, a greenseer, a priest, etc... Probably a renaissance man of juicy power...

One can only surmise that he's keeping these undead youngins under his control somehow, and eventually he can't keep up. The prophecy is that someday "Winter" will come, and the Starks are painfully aware of this.. White walkers are becoming independent.. We've seen evidence of the newest ones having independent thoughts and following the lives they used to have, yet in the beginning the White walkers had a hive mentality, and only showed themselves in defense or upon ambush... With Bran in the North, fudging around with the trees and shit, its only a matter of time before he interrupts whatever control "Old Stark" has on them.. In fact, Coldhands(Benjen) doesn’t have blue eyes, showing that the spell is no longer in affect. The Comet could be a flair meant to show that “Old Stark” has lost control… it’s an SOS of sorts….When the White Walkers start flooding South, the King who goes North and figures it out will win. By showing their strength to "Old Stark", they gain a horn. Now whether or not they are able to keep it, or even know how to use it depends on them...

Three live dragons, Three Horns, Multiple families all in a race.

Now there are those out there who don’t know the whole story, but have an idea of some of the pieces. Master Illyrio wants Casterly rock for the Dragon. Supposedly dragons can’t die from natural causes, they only turn to stone. Many different castles supposedly contain stone dragons…

Now as for AA, “reborn” can be surmised to mean that this “Old stark” is waiting for someone that’s as powerful as himself..

in all plausibility, "Old Stark" is the god of the first men. He's the god of the forests of the north. Rhllor is Targaryen. A god of dragons and fire and dominance. The two are once again, the one and the same. I'm referring to "Rhllor" in two forms. The physical being, which may still exist as a undead, and the "god" which is the enigma that has been passed down and warped through the generations. Think of Jesus vs. the guy that stayed in for longer than 3 days..... Jesus is crazy known by everyone, but that other guy is still in there... and he wasn't killed by the Romans. ;)

Also, I believe that the wall was made by dragons. So far we've only heard of fire dragons, but karma says we need to have an ice one too. Maybe reawakened stone dragons come back as ice?

The wall was built to keep the undead from getting to far south. Blowing a horn to bind a dragon means that you should have enough power to control them, and the wall is no longer necessary. "There are spells woven into it...old ones, and strong. He cannot pass beyond the Wall.”

Now this is all my speculation. I'll be honest, I don't even believe half of what I wrote. It's half Fan Fiction, half plausible thoughts. When it comes to GRRM, and ASOIAF, you really can't throw out any theory.... no matter how messed up it is...

Now this house would start to explore/unite/dominate the world. If you had dragons, and could literally control their minds, nothing is out of your reach.

-Cappy1223

Archived