Darkstar Plotline in TWOW

Silent_Hero

Anyone got any ideas on what's going to happen ? I think the Darkstar plot might be really interesting, I mean while reading AFFC Darkstar comes out of nowhere and tries to kill Myrcella and coupled with Dorans " he is the most dangerous man in Dorne" quote I can't help but think maybe there's more to this....

Despite a lot of hate he receives, I think he's a potentially interesting character. I say potentially because I think there's something important we haven't seen from him yet. I agree with alienarea that it's probably something he knows that makes him so dangerous--besides what he already knows, which is the plot Arianne tried and failed to hatch.

Hopefully he'll live up to his name next book.

I want to see more of him because of several reasons:

1. He has a cool nickname

2. I want to learn more about Dawn, the Sword of the Morning and it seems he's the only character who cares about it atm.

3. He has his own agenda, so he must be interesting to read.

I wonder what it is that he knows — or perhaps by right of birth, is — that makes him the most dangerous man in Dorne?

How exactly old is Darkstar?

And I hope to hear more from DarkStar I always thought he was the one who betrayed Arrianes plot and puposely failed to kill Myrcella because of some plot of Dorans

I am hoping for the prologue to feature either him, Balon Swann or Obara Sand as the POV at High Hermitage or Starfall.

What he knows.

1. He may have information regarding Ned's visit to Starfall at the end of Robert's Rebellion. Supposedly Wylla is still at Starfall aswell which could provide further exposition on Jon Snow's parentage.

2. If Lemore turns out to be Ashara Dayne, he may be aware of the Young Griff/Aegon plot and the Dayne's may be steeped in conspiracy like every other major house. His assasination attempt on Myrcella could be rooted in this.

3. Starfall and Oldtown are in a relateively close proximity so it may be they are involved in the Citadel's current schemes or aware and against.

1. He may have information regarding Ned's visit to Starfall at the end of Robert's Rebellion. Supposedly Wylla is still at Starfall aswell which could provide further exposition on Jon Snow's parentage.

Even if Darkstar has such information, Doran Martell DO NOT HAVE IT - so naming Darkstar "most dangerous man in Dorne" is unjustified this way. If Doran know of J=R+J, then his entire politics are utterly stupid.

2. If Lemore turns out to be Ashara Dayne, he may be aware of the Young Griff/Aegon plot and the Dayne's may be steeped in conspiracy like every other major house. His assasination attempt on Myrcella could be rooted in this.

House Dayne and House Reed are keepers of the most important secrets in the book. I am not sure of Ashara=Lemore, it is possible, but I will not be surprised if Lemore will be someone else

There is no love for Lannisters in Dorne. However, why try to kill in front of very important people who saw you, a princess of the realsm? Darkstar seemed very desperate to kill her as if it was the only chance he would ever get to do it. Why? He does seem to act like Brandon Stark when we hear stories about him. Brandon did Barbery Dunstin, noble birth and it was also his rash behavier that got him and his father killed. Darkstar is rumored to have bedded Princes Arrianne Martell. His attempted assasination on Marcylla was very rash I might say.

What if Darkstar is bastard "stillborn daughter" of Ashara Dayne and Smiling Wolf?

:agree: And this makes him potentially a very interesting character. Especially if he knows the truth of his heritage, and now thinks that all of Ned's children are dead or married to Lannisters-he may want to pursue a claim to Winterfell.

...Didn't some assassin type person turn up in winterfell wearing a hood (thus masking a very noticeable blond streak of hair) in ADWD...and isn't darkstar AWOL at the mo..?

And this makes him potentially a very interesting character. Especially if he knows the truth of his heritage, and now thinks that all of Ned's children are dead or married to Lannisters-he may want to pursue a claim to Winterfell.

He -theoreticaly - may be son of Ashara and Brandon, but he has EXTREMELY limited rights to Winterfell:

1. He is bastard. Even if he has rights to Dayne name (given, for example, by Doran Martell - he could do it), he has no rights to Stark name.

2. He will not be accepted by North, since every single Ned child has better rights then Darkstar (D=A+B theory). On top of that, both Jon and (potential) Robbs child (with Jaine Westerling) have ATM better rights then even Ned kids...

3. He has no support, even if he has perfect rights to throne (but he don't), he still have no power to claim it (similar situation to Viserys Targarien)

I think it has something to do with a First Man house conspiracy. The Dayne and the Starks swore some ancient pledge with the return of Dawn. We will see if Starfall sends its banners when Dorne goes to war or uses the lack of troops protecting the capitol as a reason to reclaim Dorne. Are there any other major first man houses that are at full strength? Darkstar as the hooded man is a neat concept.

Are Daynes First Man house?

Their surname suggest valyrian (or pre-valyrian) origin (like Targaryens, Blackfyres etc,), Northmen surnames are different (Stark, Bolton, Mormont etc.).

Of course it is the most mysterious house in book (like Reeds), and everything happening before and after Tower of Joy is big secret. They also could be only family knowing truth of BOTH Jon Snow and Aegon...

He -theoreticaly - may be son of Ashara and Brandon, but he has EXTREMELY limited rights to Winterfell:

1. He is bastard. Even if he has rights to Dayne name (given, for example, by Doran Martell - he could do it), he has no rights to Stark name.

2. He will not be accepted by North, since every single Ned child has better rights then Darkstar (D=A+B theory). On top of that, both Jon and (potential) Robbs child (with Jaine Westerling) have ATM better rights then even Ned kids...

3. He has no support, even if he has perfect rights to throne (but he don't), he still have no power to claim it (similar situation to Viserys Targarien)

I didnt say he would get winterfell. I said he might try, being the reckless brandonish character that he is. And he may believe, with Ned's children elsewhere that the north will rise for him. He has no way of knowing Bran, Rickon, Sansa and Arya are all still alive. Of course there is the problem of proving his identity...

As to Jon-I assume you mean if R+L=j and they were married? Or are you referring to Robb's legitmising of Jon? Either way it doesn't really matter, I was talking about the possible motivations behind D's possible actions, and he has no way of knowing about any of this.

I dont understand where the thought that he may be a bastard born to Ashara and Brandon. I might have missed something, but I thought at the Harrenhal Tourney Ned danced with her and fell in love and that Brandon was betrothed to Catelyn.

Archived