Darkstar Plotline in TWOW

Silent_Hero

How exactly old is Darkstar?

And I hope to hear more from DarkStar I always thought he was the one who betrayed Arrianes plot and puposely failed to kill Myrcella because of some plot of Dorans

I agree with this. This also would explain why Doran says that Darkstar is so dangerous.

he is going ot kill Swann imo, and who else is a candidate for the next Sword or Morning? i guess it doesnt have to pass to every generation because the last person was Arthur Dayne

I think Darkstar is probably a touch too old to be Ashara and Brandon's (if you actually think they did sleep together at Harrenhal; it's more ambiguously worded than people think). Arianne thinks of his as a peer or contemporary, so I'd say he's at least 20 and probably older, closer to her age (23).

I also like Silent_Hero's idea that he was the snitch. I hope Balon Swann kills him.

I think the reason Doran sees Darkstar as dangerous is the fact that Darkstar knows that Arianne was behind the plot to crown myrcella and if Kingslanding were to find out about it, it may cause problems for Dorne

I think the reason Doran sees Darkstar as dangerous is the fact that Darkstar knows that Arianne was behind the plot to crown myrcella and if Kingslanding were to find out about it, it may cause problems for Dorne

But there were others that were inside the plot, but they weren't "Dangerous" to Doran. No I'm led to believe this man DarkStar possesses some very delicate knowledge whether of himself or something else entirely.

It is possible that Darkstar is 'the most dangerous man in Dorne' not because he's a badass but because he's unpredictable. A man like Doran who sees everyone as chess pieces isn't going to be comfortable with a piece that moves wherever it likes.

Though with the series being what it is, he may well know something important.

Maybe he's "the most dangerous" because he's like Ser Mandon Moore (another "most dangerous): he has no conscience.

Yeah that's true.

Has anyone read back the scene where DarkStar escapes and Ser Arys dies? It seems kinda fishy to me.

Darkstar is the most dangerous man in dorne because of his volatile nature and his wanting to start the rebellion. He attempted to kill myrcella and in doing so woulda forced a war with the lannisters...he doesnt know shit and he obviously blows with a sword...

Hes just some crazy emo summer boy thats trying to start a war to attempt make a name of himself like arthur dayne

Darkstar is the most dangerous man in dorne because of his volatile nature and his wanting to start the rebellion. He attempted to kill myrcella and in doing so woulda forced a war with the lannisters...he doesnt know shit and he obviously blows with a sword... Hes just some crazy emo summer boy thats trying to start a war to attempt make a name of himself like arthur dayne

He'll be The Sword of the Night and his gonna fuck shit up.

I think his working with someone outside of Dorne.

Darkstar is the most dangerous man in dorne because of his volatile nature and his wanting to start the rebellion. He attempted to kill myrcella and in doing so woulda forced a war with the lannisters...he doesnt know shit and he obviously blows with a sword... Hes just some crazy emo summer boy thats trying to start a war to attempt make a name of himself like arthur dayne

lol?

A few chapters before darkstar fails to kill myrcella arianne mentions that Ser Arys would not like to hear the way he talked to her. Then she says that she's not sure how that fight would turn out because knights of the kingsgaurd are suppose to be the best in the realm, but darkstar is well... darkstar. i am not quoting the book but i know its close to that. all im saying here is that he is clearly no slouch with a blade.

lol?

A few chapters before darkstar fails to kill myrcella arianne mentions that Ser Arys would not like to hear the way he talked to her. Then she says that she's not sure how that fight would turn out because knights of the kingsgaurd are suppose to be the best in the realm, but darkstar is well... darkstar. i am not quoting the book but i know its close to that. all im saying here is that he is clearly no slouch with a blade.

If I remember right their group was surrounded by men, some armed with crossbows aiming at them. Right when he's about to lop off Myrcellas forehead her horse shies away or something. That doesn't mean Darkstar sucks with a sword it means Myrcellas got very very lucky.

lol?

If I remember right their group was surrounded by men, some armed with crossbows aiming at them. Right when he's about to lop off Myrcellas forehead her horse shies away or something. That doesn't mean Darkstar sucks with a sword it means Myrcellas got very very lucky.

• 1 year later...

For some reason I thought he (Darkstar) was Eddard's and Ashara's son. I dont have the books around me but Eddard does say (I think) that he betrayed/wronged Catelyn and it doesn't occur to me that he meant Jon by this (who he calls "he is of my blood") anywhoo I could be miles off.

The actual chopping off of Myrcella's ear happens 'of screen', doesnt it? Something happens, people turn their heads and see the aftermath. In defense of Darkstar, maybe Myrcella's horse shied because he reacted to some danger to Myrcella (a crossbow bolt perhaps).

And on a lighter note, if you rearrange the letters of his name you get Stark - erm - rad =D

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why, but I have this idea that Darkstar is about 27. Can't remember where that came from. I only own the first book and borrowed the others from the library so I can't even search through the text for information.

What all could make him dangerous? Fighting skills, lack of conscience, knowledge, or parentage.

The first two are easy enough, so let's concentrate on the last two.

What could he know? 1. Doran's plans. But if Doran considered him dangerous, why let him in on the plans? 2. Jon's real identity. But I don't see how, and that requires Doran to know it as well. Doran could, I suppose, and he'd want it kept secret because he's still mad about Rhaegar going off with Lyanna, but again, I don't see how he would know that. 3. Arianne's betrothal to Viserys. If that became common knowledge Dorne would be in big trouble. Can't think of anything else at the moment that would be highly dangerous info.

Down to parentage. I'm really more interested in who his father is than who his mother is so I'm focusing on that. Dangerous father candidates: Brandon Stark, Oberyn Martell, Doran Martell, Aerys Targaryen, Rhaegar Targaryen. 1. Brandon is probably the least dangerous of this group, reckless yes, but not much else. 2. Everyone knows Oberyn was deadly, and it stands to reason that his son would be as well. 3. Doran has a reputation to maintain, and also wouldn't want anyone trying to claim Dorne ahead of Arianne, Quentyn (who he doesn't know is dead) and Trystane. 4. Aerys is pretty bad, but I think being (5) Rhaegar's bastard would be the biggest danger. It would give him a shot at the IT ahead of Dany, and even Aegon, if he gets legitimized, and it still leaves the Targ madness potential in play. Wildcard options: Roose Bolton (we've all seen what his kids can be like) or Tywin Lannister (in a moment of weakness).

Exactly... look at my post again and the post I quoted.

Archived