Darkstar Plotline in TWOW

Silent_Hero

Wasn't Darkstar Oberyn's student, for a time? He was dangerous because he learned too much about the inner workings of the Martells, and Doran couldn't control him, couldn't trust him to protect Martell interests.

Now he is dangerous because he knows about Arianne's attempt to crown Myrcella. That knowledge will destroy Arianne's prospects with King Tommen's regency council, but it may damage Arianne's standing with Aegon and Daenerys as well. Especially once Aegon and Daenerys find out that Doran promised both of them Dornish support in their bid for the throne.

That is the reason why Doran has to go after Darkstar now. Even better if he can get rid of the King's Guard at the same time.

Wasn't Darkstar Oberyn's student, for a time? He was dangerous because he learned too much about the inner workings of the Martells, and Doran couldn't control him, couldn't trust him to protect Martell interests.

Now he is dangerous because he knows about Arianne's attempt to crown Myrcella. That knowledge will destroy Arianne's prospects with King Tommen's regency council, but it may damage Arianne's standing with Aegon and Daenerys as well. Especially once Aegon and Daenerys find out that Doran promised both of them Dornish support in their bid for the throne.

That is the reason why Doran has to go after Darkstar now. Even better if he can get rid of the King's Guard at the same time.

Actually makes sense that it would be the reason he's considered dangerous. Dorkstar is a moron, but he need to be silenced.

Even if Darkstar has such information, Doran Martell DO NOT HAVE IT - so naming Darkstar "most dangerous man in Dorne" is unjustified this way. If Doran know of J=R+J, then his entire politics are utterly stupid.

House Dayne and House Reed are keepers of the most important secrets in the book. I am not sure of Ashara=Lemore, it is possible, but I will not be surprised if Lemore will be someone else

Illyrio's wife, and varys' sister, Serra, is Septa Lemore. my opinion ;)

eta: illyrio + serra (septa lemore) = aegon blackfyre

too crackpot, even for me

"I AM THE SWORD, THAT FLAPS IN THE NIGHT! I AM THE GUM THAT STICKS TO YOUR SHOE! I AM DARKSTAR"

.....seriously, if Darkstar ever says, "Let's get dangerous," im just going to power down my kindle and sell it on amazon

if Darkstar ever joined the night's watch, and had to say the oath out loud, you know damn well when that made to air on hbo id put the darkwing theme song behind it

Darkstar:

Night gathers, and now my watch begins.

It shall not end until my death.

I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children.

I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.

I shall live and die at my post.

I am the sword in the darkness.

I am the terror that flaps in the night

I am the watcher on the walls.

The wrong number that wakes you at 3am...

The termite that devours your floorboards.

I am the shield that guards the realms of men.

I am the batteries that are not included.

I am...

Marsh:

I killed the wrong guy...

I also thought that information has to be what makes him dangerous but I doubt it has to do with Doran or knowing his "current" plans. My reasoning is Darkstar, like Airanne, went along with the plot to crown Myrcella because he also wanted open war with the Lannister's. Regardless of his motivation for wanting war the reason he swung the sword at Myrcella is that he was the only one willing to do what was necessary to start that war when it became clear that they would fail. Doran was quickly able to sway Airanne to his side only after letting her in on his plans. Perhaps he got to that point because he was cut off from the plans like everyone else besides Oberyn and only when necessary Quentyn. Doran himself says "someone talked, someone always talks" or something to that effect.

I could be way off the mark and his volatile nature and being dangerous is because he did know there's a larger game afoot and just doesn't care who gets burned. But I think it's safe to say he was the most committed to the cause as far as starting a war and must have considered what he'd do if they were caught. He could have killed her during the night and bailed but he saw the thing out and must have seen some chance of success. He probably super hates the Lannister's for Oberyn and was willing to kill a little girl for it. Crowning her and starting a Lannister civil war would've just twisted the knife.

Darkstar:

Night gathers, and now my watch begins.

It shall not end until my death.

I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children.

I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.

I shall live and die at my post.

I am the sword in the darkness.

I am the terror that flaps in the night

The wrong number that wakes you at 3am...

The termite that devours your floorboards.

I am the shield that guards the realms of men.

I am the batteries that are not included.

I am...

Marsh:

I killed the wrong guy...

we're totally murdering the bad ass-ness that george was trying so hard to make in Darkstar. and i love it.

you cant talk about Darkstar without mentioning his sworn shield, Ser Launchpad of House McQuack, you know, the house with the sigil of a yellow duck head on a white banner

WHY ISNT SOMEONE MAKING A DISNEY DUCKBERG VERSION OF GoT??

Darkstar vs Edric Dayne. needs to happen at some point. or spoken about through someone's pov. Edric beats darkstar because darkstar's eyeliner got in his eye and he got all caught up in his cloak. edric walks up and stabs him.

"s-s-sorry sir" *stab*

"but wait, you cant! I AM THE NIGHT!" *bleeds out*

eta: Darkstar will now be an angsty goth kid

Do all the Darkstar haters on this thread realize that GRRM intended people to think he was a badass, and that no one not Arthur Dayne or Barristan Selmy would have killed Myrcella, it always would have went down the way it did? You may have thought his one liner was corny, but if GRRM describes one of his own characters as badass, then sets that character up for a fight with 2 other characters that have been built up as badasses, I for 1 look forward to his plot.

Do all the Darkstar haters on this thread realize that GRRM intended people to think he was a badass, and that no one not Arthur Dayne or Barristan Selmy would have killed Myrcella, it always would have went down the way it did? You may have thought his one liner was corny, but if GRRM describes one of his own characters as badass, then sets that character up for a fight with 2 other characters that have been built up as badasses, I for 1 look forward to his plot.

I look forward to any fight scene. In all honesty I'd barely remember the character if he wasn't built up in the fandom as such a bad ass. The guy cut a defenseless little girl, had a cheesy one liner, and...that's about it. Yet when you read any thread about him, it's like he is Azhor Ahai arisen. I just like to poke fun, sorry if you're offended.

Archived