Darkstar Plotline in TWOW

Silent_Hero

I look forward to any fight scene. In all honesty I'd barely remember the character if he wasn't built up in the fandom as such a bad ass. The guy cut a defenseless little girl, had a cheesy one liner, and...that's about it. Yet when you read any thread about him, it's like he is Azhor Ahai arisen. I just like to poke fun, sorry if you're offended.

Certainly not offended, its just people seem to really hate him and GRRM said he intended him as a badass so I just look forward to his plot line rather than think he is a total loser.

Certainly not offended, its just people seem to really hate him and GRRM said he intended him as a badass so I just look forward to his plot line rather than think he is a total loser.

Fair enough. Personally, I will wait for his plot line to show me something. Who knows? Maybe he'll be my favorite character by the end. I'm just not holding my breath.

i meant no offense either, dude im a metalhead and preferenced to black and death metal, if anything, I, am the night. He shouldve given darkstar more background history or more action in the 2 chapters he appeared in.

my ideal bad ass character rendition plot history for Darkstar:

He's a religious swordsman, worshipper of The Great Other.

Veteran knight, feared for brutal and questionable battle tactics and strategy

He wields a blade, when unsheathed, instead of light shining like stannis' lightbringer, it radiates darkened energy.

Darkstar would also have a rumored sorcerous background, which noble blood helps to fuel.

ideally, half dayne half targ

he'd be the ideal anti-azor ahai

I don't think he's a loser, just potential bad news. It would be cool if he turns out to be a good guy.

i meant no offense either, dude im a metalhead and preferenced to black and death metal, if anything, I, am the night. He shouldve given darkstar more background history or more action in the 2 chapters he appeared in.

my ideal bad ass character rendition plot history for Darkstar:

He's a religious swordsman, worshipper of The Great Other.

Veteran knight, feared for brutal and questionable battle tactics and strategy

He wields a blade, when unsheathed, instead of light shining like stannis' lightbringer, it radiates darkened energy.

Darkstar would also have a rumored sorcerous background, which noble blood helps to fuel.

ideally, half dayne half targ

he'd be the ideal anti-azor ahai

Well we know Oberyn dabbled in magic given what he did to the manticore venom, and we know that Darkstar was his squire/apprentice so it seems likely he does have a sorcerous background-to a degree.

It seems like a lot of the Darkstar hate is a result of the latest flair of achitypal character deconstruction's. GRRM has created so many Grey area's within his heros and villans that when he does try to make someone "badass" or exactly what they appear it seems like a parody and becomes laughable.

I like Darkstar and I'm not sure what that says about me but his plot is going to be interesting even if brief. I've always suspected Dorne backs Aegon and Darkstar may create dissention by backing Dany with other Dornish houses. That girl from house Toland (iirc) sees the fighting happening (dance 2.0) locally.

It would be nice to a character just be what they seem and mean what they say for a change. Plus you must all remember, Darkwing Duck is a crime fighting hero and freelance agent of S.H.U.S.H who always gets his man. He's about as badass as Disney ducks get.

It seems like a lot of the Darkstar hate is a result of the latest flair of achitypal character deconstruction's. GRRM has created so many Grey area's within his heros and villans that when he does try to make someone "badass" or exactly what they appear it seems like a parody and becomes laughable.

I like Darkstar and I'm not sure what that says about me but his plot is going to be interesting even if brief. I've always suspected Dorne backs Aegon and Darkstar may create dissention by backing Dany with other Dornish houses. That girl from house Toland (iirc) sees the fighting happening (dance 2.0) locally.

It would be nice to a character just be what they seem and mean what they say for a change. Plus you must all remember, Darkwing Duck is a crime fighting hero and freelance agent of S.H.U.S.H who always gets his man. He's about as badass as Disney ducks get.

Ser Darkwing of House Duck will get Myrcella. Picture the hound's helmet, but an obscenely long and cartoonish duckbill. same mean eyes.

His sword name, because they never named it i dont think, is actually called Blackwyng, valyrian steel, with razor-sharp metallic feather talons like a saw.

You dont mess with Ser Darkwing of House Duck. and Myrcella is going to realize that.

Seriously though, Im interested to see how he plays out. I certainly hope thatisn't the last we've seen of him, that would be terrible.

Seriously though, Im interested to see how he plays out. I certainly hope thatisn't the last we've seen of him, that would be terrible.

It would also be a waste. Why bring in such a fascinatingly mysterious character and use him for only a few chapters? Plus it's been set up that Obara Sand is going after him. It would make no sense to leave it there.

It would also be a waste. Why bring in such a fascinatingly mysterious character and use him for only a few chapters? Plus it's been set up that Obara Sand is going after him. It would make no sense to leave it there.

as it stands, if they cut darkstar out now and he disappears her eon in, the only purpsoe he's served is injuring myrcella which would spark an even more open hatred between dorne and the lannisters. if kings landing found out myrcella washarmed in dornes care, it would lead to worse outcome than if she hadnt.

In relation to the rest of the story and the unclear identities, I'd have bought Darkstar as Aegon LONG before I'd buy Young Griff's story. Not saying Young Griff is DEFINATELY fake, but it makes more sense that some mysterious, "dangerous" potential-badass who comes physically from Dorne and takes a swipe at The Usurper's kid is Aegon. Instead we have some random guy whose entourage points at his identity. If not for Jon Con, Darkstar could easily impersonate Aegon, and still could, theoretically.

In relation to the rest of the story and the unclear identities, I'd have bought Darkstar as Aegon LONG before I'd buy Young Griff's story. Not saying Young Griff is DEFINATELY fake, but it makes more sense that some mysterious, "dangerous" potential-badass who comes physically from Dorne and takes a swipe at The Usurper's kid is Aegon. Instead we have some random guy whose entourage points at his identity. If not for Jon Con, Darkstar could easily impersonate Aegon, and still could, theoretically.

Darkstar is too old to be Aegon though, unless everyone is lying/wrong about his age. Aegon would be 20 at most. Darkstar is in his mid-to-late twenties (I keep thinking 27 but I'm not sure where I got that number).

Darkstar is too old to be Aegon though, unless everyone is lying/wrong about his age. Aegon would be 20 at most. Darkstar is in his mid-to-late twenties (I keep thinking 27 but I'm not sure where I got that number).

i concur, and even though it's set up already where darkstar i dont think could be aegon, i think i like that theory. but i think i only like that theory because i still klnow so little about darkstar, and even theories that dont seem plausible, still seem more appealing than not knowing anything at all.

You're absolutely right, of course- he is too old. And from too visible of a line to have been a hidden Targ. It's just that with the evidence that we have, (and I believe that before the Arianne WoW chapter we had 6 whole lines about Darkstar) he could almost be ANYONE with Targ blood, really. I don't know where you got 27 either, as I can't find anything in the wiki referring to his age, but an omission like that could mean he's anything from 15-35, considering Arianne thinking of herself and Darkstar as potential lovers.

You're absolutely right, of course- he is too old. And from too visible of a line to have been a hidden Targ. It's just that with the evidence that we have, (and I believe that before the Arianne WoW chapter we had 6 whole lines about Darkstar) he could almost be ANYONE with Targ blood, really. I don't know where you got 27 either, as I can't find anything in the wiki referring to his age, but an omission like that could mean he's anything from 15-35, considering Arianne thinking of herself and Darkstar as potential lovers.

Somebody, somewhere quoted a SSM that pegged Darkstar as in his twenties. I can't remember if it was late twenties, or mid to late, but definitely not teens. I'd say definitely older than Arianne (though not necessarily but a lot). She tends to go for older men.

• 1 month later...

Where does all of this HATE of Darkstar come from? His age BTW is 27 and was comfirmed gleefully by one of the moderators. He hated all of the R+L=DS theories which I actually liked. But I think he probably knows what happened at the TOJ. There seems to be a prevalance of Valyrian features in House Dayne(yes from the hand full of Daynes described) so I'm pretty sure they aren't a FM house. And he is Ser Gerold Dayne, and they take that seriously down there so I doubt he is complete crap with a sword.

Archived