10 good men and woman of ASOIAF?

RhaenysBee

So there are good men and bad men among the characters, of course not in the black and white meaning, but browsing the net I keep bumping into different theories that suggest funny things. For instance there's a character who is presented as a really good man (with one mistake or a one weakness), but other characters speak highly of him and for some reason fandom just demonizes him.

Question is, which 10 characters would you declare as a good man or a good woman?

You know, there are people of whom you just say He's a good man. In this meaning. I'm just curious.

These are the 10 people who stand out to me as people that I would consider truly good people. In no particualr order:

Ned Stark

Davos Seaworth

Thoros of Myr

Ellaria Sand

Brienne

Maester Luwin

Maester Cressen

Edmure Tully

Dolorus Edd

Samwell Tarly

Master Luwin, maester Aemon, septon Meribald, Eddard Stark, Catelyn Stark, Donal Noye, Vardis Egen, Sammy, Small Paul.

Why Dolorous Edd? He is not unnecessarily cruel, but it is not like he has done anything especially good.

Septon Meribald, the Elder Brother, Brienne, Davos...now I'm struggling already...Maesters Aemon and Luwin, Jeyne Heddle...beyond that I'm moving into debatable territory.

Master Luwin, maester Aemon, septon Meribald, Eddard Stark, Catelyn Stark, Donal Noye, Vardis Egen, Sammy, Small Paul.

Why Dolorous Edd? He is not unnecessarily cruel, but it is not like he has done anything especially good.

I had forgotten about Septon Merribald, he definately is one of the best people in Westeros.

I have always thought highly of Dolorus Edd ever since the prolouge for Storm of Swords, when he is teaching Sam to use the bow, and making jokes about Sam's shot without actually making fun of Sam and then standing up for him against Chett. You don't have to do especially great deeds to be a good person and in my opinion Dolorus Edd is one of the best.

The same Thoros of Myr who is supporting Lady Bitchheart's murderous rampage round the countryside!?

It's pretty obvious that he isn't happy about the direction the Brotherhood has gone under Stoneheart. By the same logic you could say "The same Ned Stark that supported Tywin Lannister's slaughtering of the Targ babies" since he was a part of the same rebellion.

Archived