Oberyn Martel

Osha

Hodor

Jogen Reed

Meera Reed

Cold Hands

Hot Pie

Edric Storm

Syrio - Not enough is known of his past.

Mance Raydar - Seriously? He's a wildling king who wanted to invade the North and pillage it's towns and villages.

Oberyn Martell - I'd say he's murdered/screwed innocent people in his time...

Osha - She would have killed Bran.

Mance Raydar - Seriously? He's a wildling king who wanted to invade the North and pillage it's towns and villages.

OP just said good, he didn't say perfection. I don't think you can find many perfect people if any.

Syrio: From what we know, he is good.

Mance: I think Mance wanted to save his people from the WWs.

Oberyn Martell: From what we know, he is good

Osha: She did well after that.

I like Kevan, but I don't think he deserves a spot on the "good guy" list. The guy was more than complicit in quite a few of Tywin's more atrocious orders, like the burning/raping/pillaging marathon in the Riverlands.

Ned Stark

Davos Seaworth

Meera Reed

Edmure Tully

Lady Hornwood (good catch; she deserved a better fate)

Samwell Tarly

Maester Luwin

Myrcella Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

Irri

It says something that I had to really think and grasp to find the last three fundamentally good people...

Ned Stark

Davos Seaworth

Maester Luwin

Maester Aemon

Maester Cressen

Meera Reed

Jojen Reed

Donal Noye

Brienne

The Mormont Ladies (Maege, Dacey, etc.)

ETA: Pod, Mya Stone, Edrics Storm & Dayne, Beric, Tommen, Myrcella, Gendry

No one's mentioned Jon Snow yet? WTF? Did I miss it?

I had not posted yet :D my list:

-Jon Snow

-Ned Stark

-Davos Seaworth

-Brienne of Tarth

-Catelyn Stark (and I don't even like her that much)

-Sansa Stark

-Maester Aemon

-Samwell Tarly

-Mance Rayder (he didn't want to invade the North, he wanted to save his people, that makes him automatically the best king for me)

-Donal Noye

I'm leaving a lot of people out, this is hard.

In addition to Jon:

Ned

Catelyn

Robb

Sansa

Arya

Bran

Davos

Brienne

Sam

also:

Ghost

Grey Wind

Lady

Nymeria

Summer

not sure about Rickon and Shaggy yet

I know many will disagree, but I think Tyrion and Dany have potential, but still a long way to go

EDIT: plus lots of secondary characters of course: Old Nan, Meera, Jojen, Hodor, Gendry, etc.

Meh, why not? She's a pretty spotless, simple good guy (girl) as far as I recall.

Yeah that's true, I can't think of any reason to suspect that she's anything but a good person. I guess that I just never really pay much notcie to her.

I think using children is sort of cheating as unless they're sociopaths they aren't really going to have done much bad.

Maester Aemon

Maester Luwin

Septon Meribald

Davos Seaworth

Jon Snow

Ellaria Sand

Jon Connington

Barristan Selmy

Septa Lemore

Mance Rayder

Syrio I agree with

Mance is definitely a good guy, he's protecting his people

Osha has however been fairly good since her capture

Oberyn is the more interesting one, I didn't put him as he reminds me a bit of Jaime in that we see him do plenty of good things but we also know of his reputation and some particularly bad things he's done. Despite being my favourite character I wouldn't call him a wholly good guy.

Killing that Lord in the duel with poison

Was a sellsword and formed his own mercenary company, probably did their fair share of bad

His reputation is very clear when he says himself that (paraphrasing) 'The fact he isn't firstborn is proof that the Gods are good'

Though he's clearly a very good father and loved his sister dearly. It's not like his defence of Tyrion was out of a sense of justice in that particular trial either, Gregor deserved what he got but Oberyn wasn't a completely good guy for doing it.

I think using children is sort of cheating as unless they're sociopaths they aren't really going to have done much bad.

I agree, I didn't use any children in my list because you can't really judge their personality when it hasn't even fully developed. Bran and Sansa would both obviously be good people, but they both have a vey idealized view of the world being children so their goodness can't really be compared to people like Ned or Davos who are adults acting in the real world.

The only 2 exceptions I would make are to judge Jofferey as a bad person and Jon Snow as a good person.

I agree, I didn't use any children in my list because you can't really judge their personality when it hasn't even fully developed. Bran and Sansa would both obviously be good people, but they both have a vey idealized view of the world being children so their goodness can't really be compared to people like Ned or Davos who are adults acting in the real world.

The only 2 exceptions I would make are to judge Jofferey ad a bad person and Jon Snow as a good person.

I don't really count Jon as a child, basically because Westeros ages differently, being Lord Commander of the Nights Watch is an adult position, and Robb is King in his own right. Both have reached manhood in Westeros. But I agree with your general point and it's the same reason I didn't use children.

Archived