10 bad men and women of ASOIAF?

RhaenysBee

A different angle to the same matter. Who are those you consider A bad person?

Again the meaning when you are talking with your friends and say This and this is a bad person.

(Extremities such as the Mountain and Ramsay Bolton and any Brave Companion, or the Tickler or Biter or that sort does not count, because they are black by themselves. They don't need our support and opinion in such. Plus all 10 places would be theirs, so there's no point to the question.)

Again curiosity.

Ramsey Snow/Bolton

Ser Gregor Clegane

King Joffrey

Balon Greyjoy

Theon Greyjoy

Qyburn

Gregors men

Cersei (after she get nuts after SoS)

Littlefinger

Rattleshirt

I think about adding Stannis to the list concerning he wanted to sacrifice Edric Storm

Most of the characters I like, such as

Walder

Joffrey

Ramsay

Gregor

Vargo

Amory

Aerys

However these charactesr I honestly don't consider to be bad, although I do like them:

Viserys

Tywin

Sandor

Roose

Littlefinger

Varys

Xaro

Jaime

Also Eddard and Roob are characters I don't like, but I would say some of their decisions were so poor and idiotic that it borders on making him a bad person, just becuase they thought so little through it.

Hot Pie [he left Arya, the jerk]

Patchface [he knows dark stuff]

Tommen [whipped! He tried to go against his mother in favor of his dear Queen]

King Robert [whoring all day, and giving all responsibility of governing the land to others, at least clock in your 8 hours]

King Robb [i'm a man grown--I can loss my virginity with an arrow wound if I wanna!--don't kick it before you try it]

Dany [you are free, but you can sell your freedom if you give me a cut of that cash]

Osha [you tried to kill Bran!]

Jamie [you tried to kill Bran!]

Ramsay [you tried to kill Bran!]

Theon [you tried to kill Bran!]

Sansa [you lied! Joff started it! You saw! Liar!]

Jon Snow [talk about hit and run--Kiss by Fire--your definitely not Robb's brother]

:leer:

Cersei - Utter bitch blinded by Joffreys sadistic antics.

Roose Bolton - Betraying Robb.

Ramsay Bolton - Merciless and brutal torture of those who cross him.

Walder Frey - Killed his guests despite giving them guest right. Hope he meets a grizzly end.

Qyburn - Sadistic and creepy.

Gregor Clegane - His role in killing the Targaryen children.

Amory Lorch - Another sadistic creep.

Lysa Arryn - Was good but is now insane to the point where she killed her husband.

Petyr Baelish - Bit torn on this one but his lust for power and opportunism doesn't make him a good guy.

Joffrey - Need I say more?

Tywin, Stannis, Melisandre, the Shavepate, many of the Queen's men, Stannis' supporters in general, Victarion, Euron, Ramsay, Roose.

It is a coin toss for Asha and Davos. Ditto for Wyman Manderly now. And Jorah, Tyrion, Daenerys, even Brienne and Sansa. And Arya, of course.

Nobody mentioned Melisandre? Burning people alive and murdering them with suspicious sorcery is not good in my book.

I think she falls in the category the OP considers no need to be mentioned lol

I think she falls in the category the OP considers no need to be mentioned lol

Yeah, that kind of explains it. :P

And kudos for making us eliminate the obvious evil ones - makes for a much more interesting list.

Well, but you still included Bolton, Quburn and Randyll.

Well, but you still included Bolton, Quburn and Randyll.

Roose Bolton is not as black as Ramsay and I personally consider Randyll Tarly, well not a good man, but a just man. A hard and just man. But most definitely not bad.

• 2 months later...

The Ironborn's culture is pretty messed up by our world's standards. For that I would call them all bad men, but it's obvious there's moral relativism in this matter. Victarion, Aeron and even Balon dedicate their lives to honor their people and follow ancient traditions, even if we consider pillaging and raping wrong, They are molded after their beliefs and specially the first ones are by no means selfish men. I still would call them bad men, tough. As for Euron, he is a creep by any standards and doesn't need explanation. Theon is a very selfish young man capable of committing atrocities like killing innocent boys. He doesn't seem bound by tradition and only seeks personal glory. Obviously he was never loved by anyone except Robb and we could make excuses for his behavior. And the universe just seems to hate him.

Oberyn Martell is not a pleasant person. His treatment of Obara's mother is horrifying and he poisons his weapons, proving that he is indeed a snake. The reason he is so sympathetic is because he hates the Lannisters (for very good reasons), fights the batshit crazy Gregor and would have saved Tyrion's life if he survived. In another story he would be a villain, in ASOIAF he is a anti-hero.

The Sand Snakes can be cruel when they want.

Sandor is tormented, likeable and stuff, but he kills children and laughs.

Jaime tried to kill a boy and crippled him for life. He tried to protect his sister (and himself) and if Bran had told the truth, poor Tommen and Myrcella would have found their demise in Robert's fury as well. But that is no excuse. He was a bad man before losing his hand and now is trying to change for better.

Tyrion killed a woman, his own father and Davos' sons (in war, but protecting the bastard Joffrey!). I like him but he is no saint.

I tried to list the least obvious choices to ask your question. Now the real monsters are Ramsay, Roose, Euron, Qyburn, Joffrey, Gregor, Hoat, Astapor's Slavers, Lorch, Rorge, etc. Not monsters but obviously for anyone how despicable they are: Cersei, Tywin, Pycelle, Walder Frey, Janos Slynt, Pycelle, Littlefinger...

Archived