[Book Spoilers] Pre-airing Discussion

Ran

Anyone else wondering what Tyrion tells Cersei she'll pay for in the preview? Alayaya isn't in the show and I don't understand how she could have found out about Shae.

Cersei could have found out about Shae from the other handmaid she threatened in the last episode (from Sansa's flowering scene). I think it was a pretty stupid move on Shae's part, seeing as she doesn't have any "little birds" or any spies of her own to uphold the threat. It would be easy for the maid to run and tell Cersei, Shae really can't do anything to stop her, so all she's done is just cast suspicion on herself.

Still, I think it's a possibility that the added character 'Ros' will take Alayaya's place though.

What I'm personally most concerned about at the moment is Jon's storyline. I think it's crucial that he join the wildings on Qhorin's orders. If he forsakes any vows without being commanded to, it would severely change the character, IMO. So I am a bit worried, but I'm assuming (hoping) that Jon is rescued by Ghost and/or Qhorin and the other black brothers in this episode or next, giving the story a chance to play out as it did in the book. This way the small divergence would only help make it a more reasonable choice for Qhorin to choose Jon to join them, I suppose, by making it look more likely, from the wilding perspective, that Jon would betray the NW.

Well, from the preview, it looked like the Wildings have some of the Black Brothers Jon was traveling with, even possibly Qhorin. So they might bring it back around making it Qhorin who tells Jon to do whatever it takes to gain the trust of the Wildings and get that information back to the Wall. But I agree with the rest, if they dont' do that, and Jon just picks that solution, total deviation from character. Especially after all that rambling on about his vows while wandering around with Yigrette.

Well, from the preview, it looked like the Wildings have some of the Black Brothers Jon was traveling with, even possibly Qhorin. So they might bring it back around making it Qhorin who tells Jon to do whatever it takes to gain the trust of the Wildings and get that information back to the Wall. But I agree with the rest, if they dont' do that, and Jon just picks that solution, total deviation from character. Especially after all that rambling on about his vows while wandering around with Yigrette.

I hit pause on the preview video when I saw Jon the 2nd time, right in between 20-21 seconds and it is him sitting facing Qhorin, so i'm guessing that they have captured all of them and that the end result will be Qhorin giving him his final orders

I hit pause on the preview video when I saw Jon the 2nd time, right in between 20-21 seconds and it is him sitting facing Qhorin, so i'm guessing that they have captured all of them and that the end result will be Qhorin giving him his final orders

Isn't that them fighting in the clip that comes right after? To me it looks like Jon and Qhorin are being brought somewhere when Qhorin tells Jon to attack him ... and down they roll.

So - My guess

Jamie has escaped, hence Robbs "we will hunt him down no matter where he runs." Plus it fits with him being betrayed.

Jon is in enemy camp.

Joffery acts like a dick.

Tyrion warns Shae to stay safe.

Varys and Tyrion plot, either with regards to defending Kings Landing but more likely about Shae.

Cersi punishes Tyrions girl, which'll mean the return of Roz.

Tyrion threatens his sister. "I will hurt you for this"

Stannis, Davos get closer to Kings Landing, a reward is offered.

Dany reafirms to Jorah that dragons are her children.

Theon regrets burning the boys, epecially after his sister pays him a visit.

Tywin unepectedly leaves Harrenhal.

All this, and were suppose to have Ayras final debt saga in this episdoe too? I didn't even mention Jamie/Brienne. Its too much !! The W.soup is surely gonna be cut...?

Unless. How sure are we that we won't see none Kings Landing scenes in Ep9; Blackwater?

I have a horrible feeling that the final debt will become the final escape in Episode 10 (because 'feable' Arya can't cut the mans throat herself), it makes no sense for her to recieve the gift that late unless the Weasel Soup doen't happen and Jaqen isn't instrumental in her escape. I'm doubting a little whether we'll see Hot Pie again as well considering all the other deaths/changes that've gone on.

Fingers crossed! tho

Isn't that them fighting in the clip that comes right after? To me it looks like Jon and Qhorin are being brought somewhere when Qhorin tells Jon to attack him ... and down they roll.

I doubt the second part because the episode 10 summary says Jon proves himself to Qhorin so I'm thinking their fight is in Ep 10.

In addition, what is this reward that Stannis offers Davos? Hand of the King maybe? Also what is the "common ground" that Varys and Tyrion find? Cersei is a lunatic maybe....

Oh okay, good. Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't catch it. I was worried about Jon's story after the latest episode, but this makes me feel a lot better. So long as Jon is following Qhorin's orders, I'm happy. ^_^

I doubt the second part because the episode 10 summary says Jon proves himself to Qhorin so I'm thinking their fight is in Ep 10.

Ah, you're probably right. I didn't know a summary for episode 10 was published. It seems like the House of the Undying is saved for episode 10 as well. I'm certainly looking forward to the next three!

The only thing I can think to say is: YEAH ! From the preview, it seems like Qhorin and Jon will be reunited in the hands of the Wildlings! Still some hope for the epic final moment !

Also without a chain or practise with wildfire Stanis's fleet is just going to sail in and get their arses kicked, sort of makes Davos and Stannis out to be amateurs

How surprising, given this show's track record re: Stannis!

Here is the oddest thing about the chain issue--I have such a clear picture in my head of Tyrion going from smith to smith ordering large links--the smiths argue that Cercei ordered them to make armor instead, Tyrion over-rides that order. Okay, I'm sure I took that visual scene from the books. But, I also have a clear picture of fans wondering what the big links were all about... discussing and arguing over what it all meant. I guess I must be remembering that from all the various book reader blogs... Its just so odd that I really thought I'd seen Tyrion ordering the chain--now it seems I just read it, or imagined it. Or something. Weird, I swear by all the Seven that I've actually seen this scene! :dunno:

I felt so guilty so ROFLing at this but it's just so funny. Found it on an imdb thread titled "Luwin pays the Iron Price"

http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/nooo.gif

Seven Hells!! That is just not right and yet it made me giggle.

Just my $.02:

I know a lot of folks are stressing about the changes from the books and what not. But if you look back through the old threads D&D were on here gathering opinions from fans long before they began to film or probably even write the script. I think they truly care about what we think and are doing a damn good job so far with the show. I seriously can't imagine them deviating in such a way that wasn't first run by GRRM for approval. I could be wrong - but IMHO they seem like they are genuine in their efforts to do the books justice.

So for what it's worth I think the chain will be included as will the orders from the Halfhand. They wouldn't set it up like that just to neglect to put it in the show. Both plots are fundamental to Tyrion and Jon's characters.

Im thinking Roz will have some unfortunate event happen to which Tyrion will be very upset and the audience will get the opportunity to understand the depth of his character. Of course once we get to ADWD we will be even more heartbroken to see his character take a turn for the worse (at least for a while).

I love what they have done with the Dany arc. Can't tell you how many times I read it and thought "how is it no one is robbing this 15 year old girl of her dragons??!!". So I'm pleased they changed that and the Pyat Pree scene was just creepy and awesome.

Plus, for whatever reason, Jorah was looking especially handsome last episode. It looks like they both actually slimmed down for the red waste (which means in real life they are probably skin and bones). But yah, he was workin it.

I am really looking forward to this episode.

In my opinion, Theon's storyline has been the best and most well done part of this season. Considering the title of the episode and the preview, this hour should have a lot of Theon, which is fine with me!

I am also really looking forward to Stannis and Davos returning..and of course Varys!

Jon's storyline changes upset me, but I do look forward to meeting Rattleshirt.

I am really looking forward to this episode.

In my opinion, Theon's storyline has been the best and most well done part of this season. Considering the title of the episode and the preview, this hour should have a lot of Theon, which is fine with me!

I am also really looking forward to Stannis and Davos returning..and of course Varys!

Jon's storyline changes upset me, but I do look forward to meeting Rattleshirt.

There's not really much for Theon to do this season, is there?

Archived