[Book Spoilers] Pre-airing Discussion

Ran

I'll think she'll make the request but Jaqen will deny it for some reason: perhaps it's because he leaves earlier and Jaqen refuses to chase after him? Obviously, they can't kill Tywin off yet, so she'll most likely still call in her last death with him in the same way.

Anyone else wondering what Tyrion tells Cersei she'll pay for in the preview? Alayaya isn't in the show and I don't understand how she could have found out about Shae.

The promo featured a Shae/Tyrion scene, so I presume that Cersei finds out about her and kidnaps her - which is a nice follow-on to Cersei's threat to Tyrion after he sends Myrcella away.

If there is going to be a chain involved in the battle of the Blackwater, episode 8 is the last one for Tyrion to have it forged. I really hope they kept the chain, otherwise it will diminish Tyrion's contribution to the defense of King's Landing.

If there is going to be a chain involved in the battle of the Blackwater, episode 8 is the last one for Tyrion to have it forged. I really hope they kept the chain, otherwise it will diminish Tyrion's contribution to the defense of King's Landing.

Agreed. So far we have Wildfire - which was originally Cersei's plan. In the book Tyrion gave the KL guards empty pots to practice with and spent ages developing the chain to actually make the wildfire plan work. So far, the show isn't really showing Tyrion's skill in devising a winning plan for the battle in the face of such a strong opponent. Fingers crossed for Ep8!

It's kind of the whole point, in my opinion: Tyrion saves the city from Stannis's armies and prevents Cersei's burning it down through poor planning, then nobody recognizes his contributions even though he saved the lives of possibly most of the city.

Then they remove him from power and everyone hates him.

I'm sure (I really hope) they can show that Tyrion's planning saves the day in this season. I'll be slightly disappointed if we don't see the massive pile of burning ships though. And the horror on Davos's face when he realizes that they've just sailed right into a nightmare.

After this week's episode, does anyone else have a strong suspicion that Dagmar is actually Ramsay? He has filled almost every one of Ramsay's plot points in this book. I know he doesn't look much younger than Roose but are we in for huge shock?

It's kind of the whole point, in my opinion: Tyrion saves the city from Stannis's armies and prevents Cersei's burning it down through poor planning, then nobody recognizes his contributions even though he saved the lives of possibly most of the city.

Then they remove him from power and everyone hates him.

I'm sure (I really hope) they can show that Tyrion's planning saves the day in this season. I'll be slightly disappointed if we don't see the massive pile of burning ships though. And the horror on Davos's face when he realizes that they've just sailed right into a nightmare.

Also without a chain or practise with wildfire Stanis's fleet is just going to sail in and get their arses kicked, sort of makes Davos and Stannis out to be amateurs

After this week's episode, does anyone else have a strong suspicion that Dagmar is actually Ramsay? He has filled almost every one of Ramsay's plot points in this book. I know he doesn't look much younger than Roose but are we in for huge shock?

I strongly disagree, though clearly he's playing the part of Theon's devil-on-the-shoulder, in a similar way to Ramsay. His mention (and the fact that he's not been cast... I think?) makes me think that the writers want to include him later in the series. Why introduce another character for those who haven't read the books if Dagmer can serve the same plot-function. The fact that he's the bastard of the Dreadfort is not important for convincing Theon to do bad things. Plus they've almost definitely cut out the Lady Hornwood piece.

Thats exactly what I thought today. Cant answer the question how he got to Pyke but to hell with logic. Who cares?

Archived